Question about emulation etc.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Critts, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Critts Augur

Is it against the terms of service

You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak. All forms and methods of cheating, including hacks, bots, aimbots, and duping are expressly forbidden.

To use hardwear emulation for the propose of playing Everquest? For example can a macro key board with softwear be used, a keyboard and mouse emulation softwear designed to make PC games work with a controller, and lastly what's with the nameing of bots? (Does bot imply automation?) I'm not talking about automation in any of these instances rather command input at the location of thePC.
  2. Llyweilun Journeyman

As i understand it:

everything that does do things autmated while there is no Person Controlling it is forbidden.

a bot is not manned by a Player hence forbidden.
    a macro that does things automatically while you are not there is forbidden.

on the other Hand: when you are physically there and use the macro because say you have a broken Hand (disability) you are allowed to use it.
  3. Cactuszach Elder

People have been using the Logitec G series keyboards for a long time (probably especially when Dains were good exp) and it isnt an issue so long as you arent automating while not at the keyboard.
  4. Critts Augur

Thanks. Does anyone know if there is a way to input commands into two instances of everquest useing different keyboards? Keyboard #1 controls instance one while keyboard #2 controls the nonvisable window. I know there are boxing programs out there that let you set up as many boxes as you like, but I'm under the impression that is against the terms. (Is it) I'm looking for a way to control two toons without haveing two computers or alt tabing while not breaking any rules.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I can't speak for Daybreak but the statements from them have been mostly clear. If you are doing the work for your character at the keyboard, then any programs that merely assist in entering keystrokes for you are fine.

What is not allowed is unattended play or something that plays for you (even if you are at the keyboard, you have to actually be playing). For example, an automated program while you sit at the keyboard watching TV or playing another box cannot actually play your toon. You have to be in control at all times.

As long as you are in control, there is nothing wrong with using a keyboard that has macros that simulate you hitting the keys.

As well, if you were to use two keyboards and control two toons at once, that is perfectly fine. You can "look through the eyes" of Toon One while you control Toon Two (Toon Two can be minimized). As long as you are controlling the toons and not an automated program.
  6. Reht The Dude abides...

Boxing software is not against the rules except on special ruleset servers using Truebox code.