Question About "Catching Up" on Live...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LDEffectsMe, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Bigstomp Augur

I think we step back and nuke TLP from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

If a TLP server catches up, they are a "live" server. And more power to them joining the modern game.
    I have my doubts about pass us, but we welcome you among those of us that have played since 2010.
  3. LDEffectsMe Augur

So, an update on this subject. Mangler ended up going down the way I pretty much had anticipated. The guild I was in (and my reason for playing there) pretty much collapsed when Aradune/Rizlona launched. I'm not the type of player that can constantly restart on every TLP, so I didn't even go to the new ones.

I tried going to Phinigel and doing the instant 85 buff, and I found a guild there. Problem was, I had no idea where to go or what to do. The guild was very much set in their ways, and the only assistance I could get from them was to run me through a few Gribble missions daily. When they weren't running me through those missions, I felt like a worthless bump on a log that couldn't do jack and had no idea where to go or what to do. I ended up leaving after about a month and decided I need to learn the game again and fill in the gaps I was missing so that when I hit 85 again I know where to go and what to do.

I took a little hiatus, but I'm back now and I'm looking to do what I originally asked about; catch up to Live. I'm attached to the main I had on Mangler, so I'll be taking him with me and pairing him up with my former Live main.

I don't mind if it takes a while, and I'm willing to do the work. I was 6 boxing on Mangler, but I think I'm going to cut that down to just 3 now with Mercs when I come over to Live. So here's my new questions, if you wouldn't mind answering them.

1.) I've only played this game up to level 70 in the past. Can anyone refer me to a good leveling guide that would direct me toward zones/tasks I can grind to get gear and level up?

2.) I have a Warrior and Cleric that I'm set on playing. I'm thinking either Bard or Beastlord for the third box to have slows/snares. What merc composition would you recommend for the group content as I level up?

3.) Is Defiant gear (or other tradeable gear) still a thing and is it viable all the way to max level?

My goal right now is to take my time and do this right. I'll probably level lock every 5 levels until I max out on AA's and then keep going. My ultimate goal, as of right now, is to reach the max level and to be able to successfully play in group content outside of raiding. I'll re-evaluate other goals if I reach the first ones. :) Thanks in advance for any advice/help.