Question about Bard

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sajun, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Sajun New Member

So I'm new, so this may sound silly.

Trainer says at 16 I get dual wield, and at 71 I get double attack. I'm assuming when I get dual wield then my auto attack animation will turn into a swing with each weapon. What I'm wondering is does double attack turn it into 4 swings in the animation?

I'm from EQOA, and one of my favorite things about that game was that as a melee class you started off with only 1 actual attack swing, but at 35 you ended up with quad attack, and just got crazy with swinging weapons and stuff, was awesome.

Also, does bard ever get any like click melee attacks? Or just always simply auto attack?
  2. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

When I first started playing, I actually wished there was no auto attack, that I could dictate each swing, but you will soon realize the animation can't keep up with the text. You may see yourself dbl Atk every so often, but normally you will be too quick for the graphics
  3. PetMyLlama Journeyman

I am not a pro bard by any stretch of the word, but I believe all the clicks you are talking about were what Bards did before EQ got the /melody command. There was no automatic "twisting" of 4-5 songs, Bards had to do that manually while auto attacking... I might be mistaken as it has been about 12 years since I even attempted playing a bard, but there were no Bard specific attacks like a Warrior would have other than Disciplines.

I may very likely be proven wrong here as it has been a very long time.
  4. JERUS Augur

I usually have the main hand attack animation 5 or 6 times in a row then the secondary a time or two then alternate, then back to main hand for a while and so on lol.

Basically animations don't really match what is happening unfortunately, remember it's a 13.5 year old game, the technology just wasn't there.

That said, with DW you'll have a main hand attack speed and a secondary attack speed, once you get double attack each time the delay hits you have a chance for it to swing twice instead of just once. So it's never truely a quad with just dw/double attack, although you can get 4/5X hits with flurries on mainhand, as well as triple attack, but those are both primary only.