Question about add ons

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zujilli, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Zujilli Elder

Hi guys,
    I'm completely new to the game and was wondering if there are popular add ons that people use with Everquest. I've already poked around a bit and found the map packs, and have them all downloaded and ready to go. I've also looked around at the different UIs that are out there as well, and am not sure I've found any that I really like yet. If you have a UI you really like let me know, that might help me narrow things down a bit. ;)
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Gamparse. Personally, I only use the various map packs (from mapfiend.net and eqresource); no UI mods.
  3. Zujilli Elder

Thank you. :) I've seen that you can get maps from mapfiend and eqresource. If you don't mind telling me, what's the difference between the two? Currently I have all the packs from mapfiend.
  4. Crystilla Augur

EQResource is going to be a bit more up to date (but I'm not sure if they have all the expansions like mapfiend does). Mapfiend is the original site but as the expansions but as with a lot of things, sometimes newer is better. EQResource also adds things like quest NPC's, named locations, etc. to maps whereas mapfiend was literally the zone itself and then a lesser level of detail.
  5. Zujilli Elder

Thanks! I have just one more question. If I want to get the EqResource maps, do I need to delete the mapfiend ones, or will the ones from EqResource overwrite the mapfiend maps?
  6. Crystilla Augur

You can do it one of a few ways.

1. If you added the mapfiend ones into the default folder and do the same with eqresource .. then the eqresource one will overwrite the mapfiend ones.
    2. You can also create subfolders for each and then they won't overwrite.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I did option 1 when I came back. It made sure I had all the maps + having the most recent version of the newer zones.
    A few posts on Alla's had good POI dumps for maps also.
  8. Riou EQResource

Not all of them yet, it's something we wish to get too though (and we plan to edit them to remove the lame grey/white outlines used since they are hard to see :p and such)