Quest: Plans gone awry in Valley of King Xorbb

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Malbro Augur

I am doing this task:

Got the task and followed the steps to the letter and after the final hand in, the NPC, instead of spawning a golem, says "why are you wasting my time?!" .

Anyone know what I did wrong? I was siting and speaking in goblin. My group mate did the same task at the same time and it worked for him.

I did it 4 times, dumping the task and getting it again, and the above is at the end of the 4th try.
  2. Naugrin Augur

Guildie had the same issue. Told him to petition. I'll try to talk to him to find out if there was any resolution and post here.
  3. Gladare Augur

4. Malbro Augur

I dumped the quest and tried the fifth time. Got to where the golem should spawn and it didn't. Another group came in and was at that step, they spawned the golem and I was able to click the box on it and get the update. That task is definitely bugged.
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

This topic is a couple months old but I just ran into this same issue today regarding the, "why are you wasting my time?!" response from Grolok the Ancient.
    I was aware this could happen, and it did, so I dumped the task and redid it again.
    Got to that same step and still got the, "why are you wasting my time?!" response.
    What I realized is that Goblin has to be set in the particular chat box that your /say output goes to, regardless of where you type from.
    For instance, I type /say hi in my main chatbox but the You say, 'hi' is displayed in another chatbox. That other chatbox is the one that needs to be changed to Goblin, independent of any others. eg. Right-click, Language, Goblin in that other one.

As far as the golem spawning is concerned, I waited about 30 seconds for it to spawn on the step Listen to Grolak's instructions 0/1 (Valley of King Xorbb) before I noticed him waiting for me to stay [next step] before he would spawn it. I should have listened, I suppose. :p

Anywho, I'm leaning more towards this task not actually being bugged per se, just some things not intuitive and others just possibly overlooked.
  6. Axxius Augur

You simply need to /say Hail in Goblin. Not hit the H key which hails in Common language.
  7. Falos Augur

This was probably the most frustrating partisan task for me as well when i did it. It bugged out on me as well. we actually managed to time it so a few people got update credit by doing these steps all in synch with each other, if you are fast enough it's possible for multiples to get update credit on the final steps but I guess they havent gotten around to fixing the bug that forces people that wait for everyone else to finish to have to start over. I actually ended up having to do this quest a 2nd time on my alt for that very reason.