Quest Mobs needing tweaking

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Draego, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Draego Augur

Refugiu - necessary (and a super massive bottle neck) for the Drakkin Breath Quest
    - only has 1 place holder on a 72 minute respawn timer
    add more placeholders and reduce respawn timer to match all other mobs in the previous / successive quests

a defiled ancient treant - part of the Bayles Heraldic Crest (aug quest)
    (just spent the last 14 hours trying to spawn this pita mob)
    this mob should be set up to spawn via player flag (ie. player has quest and within certain range)

There are definitely more, but with SOE swearing to make weekly progression on making the game better, this is our chance as a community to address issues with mobs that are directly tied to and affect quests because of poor spawn rates or other inane issues.

Please keep in mind the point of this thread is not to become another Old raid mobs with long respawn timers thread, but a place to address Quest Related mob issues.
  2. Draego Augur

Thank you Beechwoodgrey for having logged the Game Update notes from Dec. 11, 2013. As a Mercenary obtaining quest relates to this thread, and what was done to the zone.

NOTE for SOE: pay attention to the red bolded comment in the quote and then how this change has adversly affected one of the quests.

Nedsin #3: The Wrath of Korascian
    Kill 5 Korascian Champions 0/5 (Korascian Warrens)
    Kill 1 Korascian Prime 0/1 (Korascian Warrens)
    Speak with Nedsin Tabbels 0/1 (Korascian Warrens)

Thank you SOE for messing this quest up by reducing the actual available # of Korascian Champions that were up from 5 to 4. You have effectively rebottlenecked the zone quests by making this change. Please either return the missing Korascian Champion or reduce the required number to 4 so the quest can once again be completed in a single passing through this area.
  3. Gragas Augur

They don't repop?
    moogs likes this.
  4. Draego Augur

Of course they repop, after about 10 minutes.

Or is your repsonse just meant to grief the thread?

As many people have said multiple times throughout various threads "if it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Well that is exactly what SOE went and did, the quest was correct originally 5 mobs required and had 5 mobs to kill. Now with the reduction to zone population they have fudged the quest. This is a very simple fix, not something that will break the bank for them to address.

So since they broke it, I am saying they should fix it.
  5. Piestro Augur

Will forward it on, We specifically adjusted some of the other quests for population issues.
    moogs likes this.
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

So, the problem is that a quest line that you only have to do once that was easy was made easier, but not easy enough?

Just do the other parts of the quest line while you wait for repop. All you lose is a 1-2 minutes of running back for a frog.

Don't forget that sometimes, in trying to fix something, it gets broken worse. Why risk it over this? How is this anywhere near a pressing issue in the game?
  7. Draego Augur

No you are missing the point,

Before SOE made the changes to the zone, there were already the correct number of mobs to kill.

SOE claims to have made the quest easier, by making it where the Thralls count regardless of succeed or having to kill them. OK that works, that was a good change.

But the quest for The Wrath of the Korascian was correct without needing to be fixed in anyway. After SOE reduced the population of the zone they accidentally took out one of the 5 frogs needed to complete the quest. There was no need to remove the frog from the area, if anything they could have removed the spider that is left in that cave section instead. I am saying it was not thought through on their part.

Again it is an easy fix on their part, not something that is going to require SOE to spend a horrendous amount of time on.

The point of changing the Thralls the way they did was to remove the bottleneck of having multiple groups having to wait for that section. Well by removing this one frog without changing the required number to kill on the Wrath quest, they have simply replaced one bottleneck with another.

Edit:
    You do realize that the first time you are doing this for a character that you cannot skip doing them in order, and you can only collect 1 other of the series quests from a differennt quest giver that you can tie into this, but oh wait you actually finish that other quest on the way to this one? So your point of doing other quests in the line is kind of moot.

Again by SOE trying to fix this, they actually broke it, so I don't see anything wrong with asking them to go back and fix the problem.
  8. Draego Augur

Update:
    Got a reply from Elidroth concerning issues with Epic Quests item drops; such as "Lhranc's Bracer" or "Top, Center or Bottom Signet fragments" (Cleric 2.0) in zones that were formerly or are currently considered Hot Zones.

He acknowledged that there is a problem with the creatures changing, and it is potentially going to be difficult to fix, if it is able to be at all, but he passed the information forward to the correct Dev. to hopefully be able to address the issue.
  9. Putrify Elder

While not as easy-mode as some of the previous ones, it actually popped for me a lot faster than Poisonmaker Maliza did on the previous quest.

My Drakkin Monk made two levels while camping Refugiu, but made eight levels while camping Poisonmaker Maliza.... Given random nature of pops, seemed about right. While leveling up other toons in the area, saw Refugiu about once every couple leveling sessions of 45 minutes-to-1:15 each. Seemed downright fast compared to some camps.

So, due to random nature of spawn pops, bottleneck may be different for one toon than it is for another.
  10. Draego Augur

True enough, and I will give you that.... but like I said concerning Refugiu there is only 1PH and it is on a 72 minute timer.

So without intending any disrespect, there is no way you saw him on a 45 minute loop, I can attest to that after camping the mob for over 30 different Drakkin toons (several were remakes) between my two and my wifes accounts. Literally, I can eat, sleep, and crap the Drakkin Breath quest details out for you without even trying.

Kool grats, hes definitely rare.
  11. Putrify Elder

I didn't see him on a 45-minute loop. Sorry if I came across with that.

I saw him once, every couple (two) 45-1:15 leveling session. Logged in for about an hour one day, about an hour the next day: between those two separate sessions, I'd typically see him once.

That may mean I logged in, he was there (that happened once that I recall--right after I got it for the quest--LOL--always the way), or, he popped sometime while I was there, every two times hunting in the area (happened at least three times). First time I camped him I did die to that stupid PBAoE zombie tree (damage was going to a window I usually don't pay attention to...). I remember I got two levels while camping him there, so was pretty quick. Guess I got lucky.