Quest Banking for RoF?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LordJump, Oct 26, 2012.

1. LordJump Journeyman

I remember there were some substantial changes made just prior to the VoA release about quest/task banking in preparation for the new expansion. Now that a year has passed, Ive forgotten most of it - so Im turning to anyone who remembers the details.

What are the rules regarding quest wiping before the RoF release? Many of us will be trying to opimize our start and I know I dont want to be wasting my time banking stuff that wont carry over.

Thanks for any input.
  2. Eaiana Augur

What I remember is that right as VoA went live, the XP granted for HoT task completions was removed and changed to a model where you got the XP if you are near the mission chest when it is opened. The quest rewards themselves were not removed, but with the XP removed, there was no longer any incentive to bank them so people tried to use them up before the change.

I am saving a few Convorteum raid achievements that grant AAs, I really hope these don't get wiped. I have been max AA for months, there is no reason for me to waste these AA rewards before the expansion goes live.

I think that they also may have removed all player corpses before the patch that brought VoA live to prevent corpse banking of XP, though with the 3 hour corpse rez rot timer, I never understood how this could work.
  3. Noobieguy Augur

I hope those achievements work fine also, as I haven't spent mine either. I am glad they wiped all the corpses, that is a cheap way to get levels fast.
  4. Caudyr Augur

I think this was pretty much all they did. That being said...the 3 hour corpse rez timer does not decay while the account is offline. I think it does still go down when you're on another character on the same account...but so long as you are logged completely out (not at char select or anything) that timer won't decay.
  5. Atvar Augur

I thought the convorteum 5aa achievements allowed you to overcap your aa. At least that's what I recall using them for an expansion or two ago. The only downside is you can't buy glyphs when sitting at 55+ aa banked, else it defeats the purpose. I also recall a bunch of people banking old UF tasks. Not a huge exp gain, but better than nothing.
  6. Caudyr Augur

You can also bank a bunch of solo tasks from HoT/VoA that give good exp and are just 1 step (a hail, probably) from completion...that way you can go finish them on release day for a quick boost into 96 at least and secure that level. ;)
  7. Tobynn Augur

AA points that are awarded will go over banked cap. The Convorteum achievements are a prime example. You are awarded 5 AA points, you are not award 500% AAxp which results in a net gain of 5 AAs. Not certain, but I believe its the same with Epic 1.5 and 2.0 -- you are awarded points and not an amount of AAxp.

Refunded AAs also will go over banked cap for the same reason. You have been refunded points, not % AAxp.
    Vuncar and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  8. WarSheol Augur

I can comment further on this.
    it was called corpse stacking and what they would do was make a bunch of corpses then level up to max level and 100% again, the 3 hour rule only applies to player resses, what they did to get around that, Which im certain will be blocked again was to use the Vet AA summons all corpses and gives 100% rezz.
    Thats how that was being done but the last few launches they put an end to that non sence, That was how some where getting 5 levels right after logging on heh, with the Vet AA it works on corpses that are up to a week old so they had plenty of time to get back to max before launches. And I can only talk about this now because its a known issue that they have delt with.

And I wouldnt count on banked quests/tasks/missions working either, they want people to actualy play the game, shocking concept lol :cool:
    RekMMO likes this.
  9. Falos Augur

This will be the first expansion where it probably isn't worth banking quest tasks at all.. Underfoot quest tasks banked gave AMAZING exp at level 85/86ish.. gave "decent exp at 90/91ish... they currently give junk for exp at level 95 and will give even less for exp at 96.

For the last two expansions i banked a ton of tasks for the upcoming expansion.. i'm here to say this time i will only be banking ONE task so that i can ding 96 at servers up and that's it. all additional tasks will give hardly any exp.
  10. Noobieguy Augur

Aye, they will help some, but even if you bank 10 they won't even get you half way to 97 if you're max 95.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Who cares? A few people swarming will be level 100 on the first day anyway, the same as always.
    Bauer likes this.
  12. boukk_sebilis Augur

What about banked 13th anniversary raid task?:)
  13. Bauer Augur

Feerrott is going to be awesome on the day of release. All those rangers crying and training and fighting in ooc. Can't wait to watch and laugh!
  14. strongbus Augur

was thinking of getting all the quest form hot zones/voa and getting to the last step and finish them up after rof came out. you can have a max of 30 quest going at once. So if you grab each and ever quest form all the voa zones and hot you could max that out. why i know that this would not get me 97 i would expect that it get me into 96 some(was thinking if i am lucky maybe 30-40%).
  15. Ronak Augur

It's not worth banking tasks anymore. You'll get roughly 10 to 15% into 96 if that, I'd wager.
  16. Caudyr Augur

Be enough to secure your level at least~ ;)
  17. strongbus Augur

If that is true form a full 30 banked quest form hot/voa then ya it wouldn't be worth it. As a necro i can get bout that in a lesson burn solo in cob atm.
  18. Hatsee Augur

One single ranger can keep all mobs with a head in that zone dead.

This wont be an issue, I would expect the SK's and zerkers pulling trains will be the actual problem.