Quest: Bane Bound

Discussion in 'Zones and Quest Discussion' started by Xorsazis, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Xorsazis Elder

Upon completion of all previous requirements, was able to request this.

The bard mentions raiding items within Veeshan's Peak, but the update zone for the quest is noted as Skyfire Mountains:
    [Fri Nov 10 19:36:31 2017] Gelidalin Stormsinger says, 'I have learned of a blade that can slay a dragon. I believe that it is hidden in one of the hoards in Veeshan's Peak. Unfortunately the description I have is vague, but perhaps it will be enough. Such a weapon should be obvious, I would hope, should you see and handle it.'

I scoured the zone and even swam in lava looking for any sword, but did not see anything.

Is this for VP? If not, what should we be looking for?
  2. Axxius Augur

The quest text clearly says that it's in VP. The location is Skyfire, but that's probably just the turn-in, like in some Gorowyn quests with Skyfire as location because you bring the stuff there.

So, this quest requires you to go into VP. But VP is locked. How are we supposed to test this?
  3. Tour Augur

VP key quest still not fully functional?
  4. Axxius Augur

It probably is, since somebody already tried the Talendor mission. But they can't seriously expect a lot of people to get keyed on Beta.
  5. Stephsanity Elder

I don't believe anyone got keyed its a instance not the static VP zone
  6. Tour Augur

I thought the last set of quests needed to request the mission, such as this one, though they are from SF, required you to do things in VP.
  7. Stephsanity Elder

Praetor General Teralus
    Mission: Talendor
    • Requirements
      • Testing the Waters
      • For My Information
      • What Makes a Scorpiki?
      • Dragon's Graveyard
      • The Orb of Luclin
      • The Orb of Fire
      • State of the Sarnak
      • The Fereth
      • Chokidai Unbound
      • The Arisen
      • Trial of Discovery
      • Lay the Trap
      • Who is Buried in Sathir's Tomb
      • Bane Bound
      • Singing Stone
      • Songs of Old
      • Fell Foliage (mission)
      • End of Empire (mission)
      • Balance of Power (mission)
  8. Stephsanity Elder

I completed this mission a while back and don't remember much about it sorry but it is beatable unless they changed something. It may be a drop from Gorowynn but I can't be sure I don't really remember and I have a terrible memory and didn't take notes on it.
  9. Drogba Augur

Won't give me the task, despite having completed all these listed tasks:

Gelidalin Stormsinger
    Quest: Bane Bound
    • Requirements
      • Testing the Waters
      • For My Information
      • What Makes a Scorpiki?
      • The Dragons' Graveyard
      • The Orb of Luclin
      • The Orb of Fire
      • State of the Sarnak
      • The Fereth
      • Chokidai Unbound
      • The Arisen
      • Trial of Discovery
      • Lay the Trap
      • Who is Buried in Sathir's Tomb?
  10. Drogba Augur

So redoing 'Who is Buried in Sathir's Tomb?
    allowed me to now request Bane Bound
  11. Stephsanity Elder

Anyone remember how they did this task I've combed logs and I don't remember a lot of people wanna know.
  12. svann Augur

I dont believe they would give you a quest that expects you to get a mission to finish the quest. Those are two separate things. If the quest Bane Bound doesnt give you an instance then its not done in an instance.

Ill have to go back and try who is buried in ST again. Last time it was not doable.
  13. Axxius Augur

You don't remember if you've entered VP before? o_O

The task text pretty clearly refers to VP. So if you've entered it before somehow, you should remember that. Or did you find that 'dragon bane sword' outside of VP?
  14. Orbital101 Augur

The instruction is to find the blade in Skyfire Mountains. If its a update from a turn in been in another zone then the text should say Return the blade or something similar or the zone changed. [IMG]

Gelidalin Stormsinger says, 'I have learned of a blade that can slay a dragon. I believe that it is hidden in one of the hoards in Veeshan's Peak. Unfortunately the description I have is vague, but perhaps it will be enough. Such a weapon should be obvious, I would hope, should you see and handle it.'

There is a few 'wealth deposit' rooms in VP but then you need to be keyed to get in when this task should be part of the progression to flag you to get in which make no sense.
    Axxius and svann like this.
  15. Stephsanity Elder

I thought I had done this task, but I talked with someone I did tasks with they said we never did this sorry. We attempted it for hours and nothing
    Drogba likes this.
  16. Tour Augur

We’ve had quest windows with the wrong zone listed, or even spawning or doing things for other quests. I can understand the turn in being in SF, that makes sense. But ignoring the meta part of the game for the moment, the quest text from the NPC directs you to VP. I expect something to happen in VP - why include an end zone with no progression in it. But as we can’t access VP (right?) it’s very hard to say. Like with testing content in general I don’t always know if we’re missing something, that something isn’t coded yet, or if it’s a bug.

Could a dev comment on if this involves VP at all, is the key quest something that be done in the current build in beta?
  17. Axxius Augur

(NM, answered in another thread)
  18. Absor Developer

This task is... well it's pretty crazy. I am unsure that people will be able to figure it out, and so I am not giving hints. I will say that the stuff you seek is indeed in VP. I have changed the element text slightly to better reflect that.
  19. Axxius Augur

Do you expect us to complete the VP key quest on Beta in order to test the 2 quests in VP and its basepop/rares, or will we get access via Old Man (or something like that) eventually?
  20. Tour Augur

New text is much more clear re: the item being in VP, thank you. The treasure rooms in the raid instance look really good by the way. I did see some swords sticking out of the large piles of gold, but looked like it’s just background art. In instance anyway.