Quellious OG Comeback: Which server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by -Denizzen-, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

Hi folks,

Classic EQ'er here, active from Beta Phase 4 through LDoN.

Played some Veeshan but first real "main" was on Quellious.

Tildadar the Wood Elf Druid, who I can recall kicking around within the ranks of <Greater Druids> for a short time, followed by <Denizens of Shez'Baernon>

Ultimately falling victim to the siren's call of the Iksar during Kunark's release, Tildadar fell to the rank of "PL port slave" for young master Denizzen Squirrelbeater - the "Mank" of <Vis Maior> (I believe he still carries the tag if he still exists).

Anywho,

I'm currently playing p99 where end game is becoming LawyerQuest instead of raiding and blowing up!

I'm curious which servers exist (seems some from before my time on p99 have defected to Phinigel?) that would keep the game in the earlier of the expansions?

What is the raid scene like?

Is it possible to have a job, family, and still be able to participate in end game?

Am I starting from scratch all over again? I've got quite a bit of time sunk into p99 so far, hate to just abandon ship.

Instances?

Anyone I might know from Quellious still breathing?

Does having my original accounts afford me any kind of "head start"?

Talk to me Daybreakers. Talk to me.

Best regards,

Elder Tildadar Angelbane
    Sensei Denizzen Angelbane
    Sage Shaide Angelbane
    Exarch Reiki Angelbane
    Duke Tarchimache Angelbane
    Elder Soeki Angelbane
    Sage Jigoku Angelbane

The Black & Blue Dyed Crew of Mayhem, Disciples of the Puppet Master, We Are Legion
  2. Astley Augur

Phinigel is the place to go. Old accounts can get you some vet rewards, but nothing particularly special on the TLPs. Planes of Power releases on Phinigel Feb. 1st, with it coming a few months later on Ragefire/Lockjaw. Phinigel has instanced raiding with lockouts... which yes, can fit better into a regular schedule around real life conflicts... so there are about 15-20 active late stage raid guilds who will be raiding heavily in PoP. The other servers not as many since they only have open-world raiding currently. For instance, we raid 3 nights a week and are currently farming the late raid zones in Luclin.

Live servers where your old characters are will be pretty much empty till you get to the grouping endgame, so unless you quit when you had an 85+ character, don't expect much activity when you get back.
  3. Revarund New Member

Hey Tildadar, been a long time but I remember you from Quellious when you did late night pug raids. Some of the others we raided with Dworrak and Whom/Curing.

I started on RF and found that Phinny is way better with instanced raiding. 3 months is plenty of time in 1 expansion and its still fairly easy to catch up to content.
  4. PixelQuest Journeyman

p99 end game
    -stare at a wall for days waiting for a named to spawn
    -the mob spawns. batphone alert goes out at 3AM. 5 guilds logon to kill Zlandicar for the 100th time
    -all the pullers start running to the named while reading the rules of engagement with their lawyers
    -what's that? a puller ran too early? false start it is. puller's guild is raid suspended for 10 days

phinigel end game
    -log on 5 minutes before guild's starting raid time
    -join a private instance to slay named
    -collect dkp/loot
    -swear at db once/twice a month when servers crash
    -log off
    PathToEternity likes this.
  5. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

HOllllly shitballs, yes, my PUG's :D So glad you mentioned that, I had forgotten :)
  6. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

Ok ok I'm going to at least try it out. Apologies for the stupid question, but where do I download the client?

Disregard, patching now :)
  7. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

Sounds sexy. I dig it.
  8. Revarund New Member

9. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

Patching, very excited :)
  10. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

Tildadar is online to say hi on Quellious, Povar, whatever it is now. I'll come check out Phinny shortly
  11. Machen New Member

The one question I didn't see someone else answer. The answer is, none of them. They are all progression servers and they are all going to progress out of the earlier expansions at some point. There's a possibility Lockjaw or Ragefire could end up locked at an expansion somewhere due to the voting, but it's very unlikely.
  12. Jeriko New Member

Hey Deni

-Hits
  13. Tomtee Lorekeeper

Man Tildadar a name from the past. I played Quellious as well me and my buddy Lacor. I think I actually met up with you somewhat recently (1-2 years ago)? But maybe it was on p99 not sure. I was Amaruq, also a druid, way back when. I also played Korena (wizard) & Scrumph (water) later during velious with Gansacco & crew.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.