Quarm, July 13th @ 12 PDT

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Crayon123, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Crayon123 Augur

2. MabbuPhinny Augur

3. Hateseeker Augur

"Once the Event has ended, and all characters on Quarm will be moved to a new server. The new server will follow the standard server ruleset. There are no plans to allow transfers off of this new server."

Basically, that just lets them say that the character doesn't get deleted, but for many, it may as well be.

Would have been a good opportunity to start a DoN-forward progression server.

Also, would have made more sense for the after-event server to have FV rules, just as Quarm will.
  4. Ootax Augur

A DON forward progression server would be nice. My guess is they wouldn't want to due that because if they have another event(Event 2) and it starts out in TSS or something then it may be ahead of the players. Assuming they are moving Quarm players to the same server every time which I would hope otherwise there would be a lot of useless servers with limited players....wait kind of like what we have now.
  5. Behee Augur

Continuing it as a progression server with FV rules would have been great. But not this.
  6. AgentofChange Augur

It is not meant to be another server they don't want to take players away from the progression, just give them a reason to keep subscribing while we wait for Luclin. They knew 4 months was too long but claimed they needed the extra time to get the instancing right, so this is what they give us to occupy that free time with.
  7. Rhodz Augur

Just a way to drum up cash over the summer, krono will be the currency of choice given the FV rules on trading and limited life time, have to be able to cart off the loot since it is such a dead end.
    Heh are we not easily amused or what.
  8. Tyche Elder

Selling qvic gear, 20 krono
    Selling MPG trial runs, 5 krono
    Etc
    I'll be a sad panda if quarm turns into a krono opportunist server but there needs to be a buyer for sellers to exist so hopefully people don't throw money away on a short term server.
  9. Redik2 Augur

Lmao.

Good one.
  10. Gremin Augur

Yah, well Daybreak is just coming to realize that people are willing to do exactly that...its why these servers are going to continue to pop up.
  11. GrugSA Augur

Doubtful people with spend a ton on gear you start with full flawed defiant and it's a temp server. Maybe people will spend a lot on weapons, 70 focus effects and haste items since defiant is garbage in that regard.

Those 75% XP pot sales though...
  12. Vaclav Augur

For my discussing earlier giving it a shot - life's made some positive changes recently that have me occupied and have tamped down on my EQ addiction. Don't expect I'll give Quarm (or anything else EQ-related) a shot again anytime soon.
  13. Aenoan Augur

Yeah, I played abit when the beta server came out. But I quit almost a day later, that is about as close to playing quarm as I will get.
  14. Ducreux Augur

I'm going to do as little as I can get away with to beat the 6 group trials and peace out. Doing signets, MPG raid trials, farming decent level 70 gear, and grinding AA all for a title and a level 70 on a DOA server isn't worth the time investment in my eyes. Probably going Bard.
  15. Astral - TR Elder

On your mark..
  16. malaki Augur

This sounds about right to me. May mess with it more but definitely want to get the trials in. Probably rolling a beastlord or mage though, Pet Classes are sweet!
  17. Crayon123 Augur

Already 70.
  18. Hateseeker Augur

Is anyone thinking they might actually stick around on the post-Quarm server your characters get transferred to?

How would people play there anyway? Powerlevel to 100+ ASAP and skip all the raid content between?
  19. Crayon123 Augur

I was thinking about it, but quickly realized the initial guild attraction is minimal at best. The odds of one of the few participating guilds actually sticking together for the dumping ground server is incredibly slim. I mean what, I've seen one guild advertise for Quarm? Haven't seen or heard a peep since their initial thread either, who knows if they opted out or what.

I'd venture to say most people that give Quarm a try will do so for the trials group progression and not even bother trying to find a raid guilds. There just isn't much of a point when you can get the same rewards from grouping without the long nights raiding on a toon many will never play or see again.
    Ducreux likes this.
  20. Iputthegrrrinranger Elder

Never played past PoP, but if the rewards were good and usable on all future TLP's, I might give this a shot. For example, a 40 slot 100% weight reduction bag on future TLP toons. That would do it for me.