Quarm Event Server Coming July 2016!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zunnoab Augur

Which trials do you need? Fear and subversion are simple with the right groups. Efficiency and destruction pretty much require a competent bard or enchanter while weaponry needs a well-balanced group of people that know what they are doing. I've had people tell me Ingenuity is the easiest while others say it's by far the hardest to tank. My group had two clerics and a good tank so I don't know. I worry most for the DPSers and tanks leveling in my guild right now. I don't know how much they have to grind or gear to be effective. I do know clerics just plain don't need OoW spells. They help, but I think other classes need them far more.

I also have GINA timers for the Efficiency waves that just so happen to work for warning when the other trials are nearing their time limit too. I made the timers so I could sit to med as long as possible without worrying about the mobs rushing me and killing me.

One thing I am unsure of is the gear required. Is the defiant enough with good players, or will tanks be destroyed? I suppose I will find out soon since a couple guild tanks are just about there in readiness now.

I have all the trials done on my cleric Zunnar. I'm actively leveling my bard Zunnoab and I suspect he will be able to fulfill his roles at 65, but the resists may be too much at that level and the clear to the destruction trial would be dicey with snare resists since he wouldn't be high enough to split any other way. It's actually actively bad for an enchanter to use OoW mezzes within the trials because they waste mana that doesn't need to be wasted. I'm also leveling another cleric on another account, but she doesn't have Lesson of the Devoted and I am a bit worried about leveling her in time. I had four of my six trials at level 67 on Zunnar. CH is nuts and is why that's possible, but I don't know if most tanks can live long enough for it or if I've just been very lucky for the groups I've gotten.

Did they devs ever give a date? I know it's "at least" three months but that's a bit non-specific.

Anyway to get down to it all of my lockouts are out right now and I plan to try and get a guild tank and recruit to do some trials later tonight. The key is neither tank nor myself knows how well he'll be able to tank. He has been level 70 for quite some time now though. I've promised someone to help them with subversion Saturday if I can; it's their last trial.

While getting the bard and second cleric leveled are priorities, I have no problem playing Zunnar to help out. It's just that guildies come first, obviously, but I'm considering tracking down everyone I've grouped with to see if they've gotten them. That might be unrealistic though.
  2. Riou EQResource

If your group is decent and the proper class make up then, yes, you can beat all 6 trials at 70 with the starting 50 AA and the gear you come with.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

The Boss in Ingenuity and Subversion require more then just defiant gears and 50 AAs I wouldn suggest trying unless you got something to prove.or... time to waste
  4. Zunnoab Augur

Actually playing a cleric I kept a guildie 67 tank up for the subversion boss but he is a paladin and the enchanter was chaining runes too. I am not sure on his AA we stopped to get some at 61.

A guild sk in defiant tanked efficiency and weaponry last night though my mana lasted just long enough. CC is essential for efficiency as well as standing near the side of the entrance to give people time to tag. I lost a lot of mana self healing offtanking on mezz resists. My second ingenuity win was with a paladin tank so we were both healing. I did burn through 60 emeralds in the four trials I did last night though. I feel bad for shamans/druids since it feels like they could not be the only healer without an extremely strong tank.

If a group is not extemely strong it should just zone out and retry if aggroing a patrolling dragorn in subversion. They can be pacified to reduce aggro range and do not si. Unless you have an overkill group there is no reason to aggro them.

Ingenuity is rough indeed. Either an extremely tough tank or backup healer is required, and farming weapons before the boss.

Weaponry feels very strict in dps requirements, and EXTREMELY unfair to casters. I always urge groups to do it asap if they have the right makeup if people need the trial.

Those are my observations after doing many of the trials again last night.

I plan to help a guildie get subversion then do the destruction trial for/with others tonight (only those are off lockout). I am not 100% sure when I will be on though. It is going to stink seeing people left behind. Now is the time for people with them done to keep helping others. Thankfully many do. I have a feeling the second cleric and bard will be down to the wire before I have them ready unfortunately, but I want to keep my lockouts efficient to get as many through as possible.
  5. Bahdah Augur

Can always send us a tell for trials :p
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Do you take Discover? Otherwise all I have to offer is food stamps or live chickens :(.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

What happened to all those kronos you got for seals? lolol
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Touché! CT was good to me for a stretch there before the market flooded, for sure!

Side note: delicious Kraft Macaroni & Cheese dinners are delicious.

Would be cool if they'd update us on the schedule tho, down to 1 trial left (hooray pugs hooray) but time be running out.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  9. Yimin Augur

I passed the Trials two times, , 70 Mage 400 AA raid gear, 70 Bst 50 AA and no raid gear ... I picked the Raid coins for my alts 3200 bit coins was so nice ....Still time to get a toon too 70 and get your own sweet items :D

Yimin 70 Mage Quarm

Krylon 70 Bst Quarm
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We got an end date for this?

Just got to the end of a busy summer working away most of the time, and wondering if it is worth starting a char here now I have time to play again. Thou I seem to recall they initially said 3 months so I'm guessing not.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

[quote="Yinla, post: 3465496, member: 76" Thou I seem to recall they initially said 3 months so I'm guessing not.[/quote]

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone repeated this.........

They actually said "at least 3 months".
    Not another peep since...........
    So your guess is as good as mine.

-Rat

PS:
    That said... The OOO still has a very "substantial presence" on Quarm.
    Many done - many close. So some help could come your way. :)
    If you start a toon - make a Rogue - they are in high demand for trials DPS.
    Just please name it "Yinla" - so it's identifiable with ease. Some people got "creative".
    So "creative" that extensive note taking was needed to know who TF was who! LOL
    -W
  12. Bahdah Augur

I can't wait till its done tbh /duck
  13. Banne Lorekeeper

No one is makeing you play on that server.
  14. Bahdah Augur

Making* - ok? You dont know if I had a water gun to my head...
    Nightmares likes this.
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I wish I could afford to get 2 toons done on 2 different accounts for the rewards but unfortunately funds are limited and being a primarily Test based player I don't have a lot of options to make kronos in game either.
  16. Banne Lorekeeper

Ya not everyone lives in there parents basements, lots of us have full time jobs and a family outside of EQ =)
  17. Bahdah Augur

New comeback! Get better. Also I'll "apple-gize" (SNL) on behalf of Banne (with two n's) to all the people that live in their parents basement, obviously he doesn't have a lot of time for EQ and school (cause grammar) and can only pull out the basement card.
    Azzurri likes this.
  18. @grim New Member

Lol; So funny, much good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.