Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. moogs Augur

You would probably have to change your account password, for one. Welcome back.
  2. YellowBelly Augur

A countdown of when your fellowship campfire will expire.
    Dsuna, Nniki, Chanteren and 7 others like this.
  3. Thrillho Augur

"You have spent XXXX favor for tribute benefits" emote every time you're billed, so we can make a trigger for it so when we know it's still running.
    Dsuna, Mintalie, Nniki and 4 others like this.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

A warning when your AA stored buffer is full.
    Dsuna and eepok like this.
  5. Risiko Augur

It would be awesome if they were to add maybe 4 more lines to the macro editor.

What I would love to see though is some enhancements to the macro editor to simplify and extend it's functionality.

1. Add a check box and text box to each line for "pause after execute". We do this already with a /pause ####, before each command, but it would be nice if they just incorporated a ui enhancement for it instead. Check box for setting a pause timer after the line is executed, and a text box for putting how many milliseconds to pause.
    2. Add a "pause until completed" check box. Again, we handle this by putting in a long enough pause to cover the time of casting a spell, but it would be nice if we could just check this box next to a line with a spell cast command to have the macro automatically wait to do the next line until that line's action is completed. Obviously, it would have to be intelligent enough to know to wait until the re-cast timer is up for that spell cast as well.
    3. Add a "cancel and repeat" check box to the top of the macro editing window. If this check box is checked, and this macro is in the middle of firing off when you click that macro a second time, it would stop the previous actions of the macro, and start it from the beginning again.
    4. Add a "Toggle action" check box to the macro window, and 2 radial buttons to each line indicating state 1 and 2. If you check the toggle action check box, you are saying that this macro has two separate states of action. The first time you click the button, it will run through the lines that have the radial set to 1. The second time you click the button, it will run through the lines that have the radial set to 2. The point of this kind of macro is to have a toggle-able macro.
    5. Add a "stop if stop action fired" check box for the macro editor window. You know how you duck to stop a cast? Well it would be nice to have a button you can press that tells the client to abandon all further queued actions of a macro. This check box would indicate that this particular macro is affected by that button. For instance, as a necro, you might have a macro setup to send pet, cast 3 dots, etc. If you press this button and the mob dies on your 2nd dot, you should be able to hit a stop action button, and this macro's execution would stop immediately.
    6. Add a "stop if target dead" check box. Similar to number 5 above, but basically, the macro will stop execution immediately if the character's target dies during the execution of the macro.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Kacman Augur

I want the /keyring to have a customizable description, instead of just the default sorting of item name.

Example: instead of having "guise of the hunter", i would make it say "vah shir". "Circlet of Disguise" would say "human". "Glowing black drum" would change to "drogmor, black" etc...

Also add a face button next to all playable race illusions or make it ab random look instead of being the default race appearance.
    Chanteren and Risiko like this.
  7. Draveken New Member

A few suggestions I would love to see.

One, A chooseable Debuff added to your spells via AA system. I.E. Mage/Malo on a Nuke or make it a Pet Proc change out.

Two, Another Expansion versus revisits and revisions of older zones. Something new and Original but also not added to Endgame content but something that also allows new folks to enjoy content shared with Higher players.

Three, New Races or Class Combinations. Currently with both the lore of EQ2 and the tons of Various Races in EQ1 currently, it is easily possible to add another race. Like the Ratonga, another idea is to add possible Dragorn, Discord Defections (like kyv, noc, etc), Also another suggestion is possibly one of the oldest races, the Otter Folk from Velious or the Coldain.

Four, More of the Monster Summoning spells For Mages that line up with the higher ends currently out.

Five, Alot of the Bosses story wise, have been tanks mainly. Why not make one of a super strong Caster gone mad. Like A Wizard or Mage nearly achieving immortality like Mayong Mistmoore did. The corrupted Mage could also have tampered with the idea of using blood to fuel his spells thus causing turmoil throughout the magical realms.

Six, More Planes means more Dieties, with some of the older Dieties dead, their followers should be able to Follow the others. I.E. Cazic-Thule being dead, should be able to follow Morell or Terris. That way, you can keep it more lore friendly and less damaging to the existence of your current diety system. Just imagine all the Clerics, Druids, Rangers who would be devastated if Tunare was murdered?

Seven, Add new unexplored content to currently existing locations but tell no one of it. Like A special broken wall in Howling stones in both new and old, leading to a Burynai Nation under the influence of Brell. Or like the hidden zone in solusek of the Exiles. Maybe leave only small rumors in the lore or with merchants that make exploring and use of the older zones more enjoyable than just the daily quest to hurry and go out of it. Also the Daily Quests need to be a bit more expansive in rewards like the impossible to get unless your rich jewelry, and possible spell scrolls to encourage repeat runthroughs.

Eight, Another Idea to see implemented... Price Reduction or all access to the Card rewards. If your not hosting the game anymore, give out access on the rewards purchaseable in DB store, or A price per item of the Old collectors items that have long been passed. IE, Potion of Scholarship is currently unequal or lesser than current potions of xp. So the aura items from then should be at 999 in claims or such. Once the use is no longer valid or the age of certain expansions has passed their rewards could be given in claims to long term players for unlimited access (within reason). Also Continue with Veteran Rewards to encourage more long term players again. Also make them available to Silver and all access players that have been around for the set times if those rewards.
  8. Draveken New Member

Correction, I am from 1999. Been around shortly after Velious before Luclin. So trust me, there are a few but if they want to make the game still appealing they need to make it user friendly to both new and old players instead of just constant new endgame, revisited but Twinked old content. I wouldn't want to keep playing the same old world content with a twist when there is so much more lore and possibilities to incorporate. Has anyone ever gone just exploring around to find new things or has it all gone by the wayside just to rush and grind as hard as you can for endgame content only?
  9. Jyve Augur

For casting times, one after another. Be careful when you click that social, or use it for instant casts/clicks only.

As is, we can still do it, just multibinding a bunch of socials to fire off the same key, but would prefer it integrated into the command.

But for post rez, a 'get back buff/proc clicks' button would be awesome, let them cycle around however long it takes.
  10. fransisco Augur

It does give this already I thought.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

Eherm, oh yes, I knew that... :)
    GoneFission likes this.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

Bards

Enable/disable aggro generation from songs. (There must be some old code that does this :) )
    Classify bard as knight, develop tanking capability
    Give ability to continue singing when nuking with no target, and to not waste mana on a no-target nuke
    More mana/endurance options
    More aura slots, ability to move buf songs to auras, so that melody is for more active/offensive stuff.
  13. fransisco Augur

Make "combat" auras last more than 5 friggen minutes.
    Remove "penalty" AA ranks - where you must pay X amount of AA to use the ability after a lvl increase.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Allowing the POK stone to Overthere to port you to the old of the new, in the same way the Freerott one does.
  15. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

An increase to the number of people you can have on your friends list. Or at the very least a warning when you go to add someone and the list is full.
  16. Risiko Augur

I didn't even know that was a thing.... I feel like I don't have enough friends now :( lol
  17. Risiko Augur

If a bard could be a tank, I would SO play one. God that would be cool!
    GoneFission likes this.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

And I don’t think it would take that many changes, the aggro thing is the main one, a little bit more defense would go a long way. It should be the softest of the tanks, but living up to being a plate class...
  19. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Bards are weird. The tank aggro masks usually also list Bards for some reason. They wear plate armor, but it's actually made out of paper plates for all the good it does them. Ignoring the fact that they haven't been updated for other tanks yet, Bards also get an aggro-lock AA when even Paladins don't have one.
  20. Moege Augur

Friends list is not used to check on friends, it is all your enemies !
    Risiko likes this.