Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Log for the guild bank, so we can see who has taken things out, especially from deposits
  2. Bobokin Augur

No no ... they need to let rogues pick locks to get inside guild halls and clean out guild banks. ;)

Seriously, don't you trust your guildmates?
  3. Bobokin Augur

Having nameable mannequin NPC for guildhalls would be nice or give us a bartender, cook, baker, and a few other guards. They don't have to be as detailed as in EQ2, but being able to change the name would be nice if we had only one model. We could still use the augmentator to change the gender and race.

Being able to use the augmentator on guards would be helpful too.

I have previously mentioned a librarian that is like a guild banker but only allows scrolls (spells and tomes) would be a nice addition to guild halls. It would help clean up guild banks and allow the librarian to be put into the guild library.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I trust them, I'm just not convinced things aren't just vanishing from them trace. Deposits got wiped out overnight, which is very unusual, things normally just get moved into the bank, everyone is denying knowledge. But with no logs we have no proof things have gone missing....or not.
  5. svann Augur

Not arguing with the idea, but you should only give power to take stuff to people you trust - officers.
  6. Bamboompow Augur

Past/Current experience with guild banks:

Most are full of junk. The good stuff is view only....if there is good stuff. As in you need an officer or someone trusted as a banker to retrieve it and that whole line of inquiry initiated.

Again, most of it is junk. So ultimately most of it has to be destroyed or liquidated at a fire sale at some point to make room for the next influx of junk. Someone grabbing a bunch of garbage out is a service 9 times out of 10. If your guild officers are embezzling from the till, that is your guild's upper level management's problem, not a dev problem.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The items which have gone missing have gone from deposits. If they can restrict deposits the same way they restrict the rest of the bank that would work too.

I just find it very strange that everything vanished from deposits at the same time and none of it appeared in the Guild bank inventory. We've had items go missing from the guild hall, just hope it isn't happening with the bank as well.
  8. Bobokin Augur

This is almost exactly what I was going to post. I agree.

If it is deposits, it is a problem with someone who has access permission to change the withdrawal permission. You better check your access ability or start looking hard at your guild officers.

Note that someone who has the ability to change access ability can change that, do the dirty deed, and change it back. This sounds like someone is doing just that.
  9. Gremin Augur

Really wish the raid took would get some functionality to it. Saved spots in the raid like tank 1 etc is always same person.
    Allayna likes this.
  10. svann Augur

What?
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

he meant "raid tool"
  12. Gremin Augur

Yes, sorry was on my cellphone when I typed that and forgot to spell check.
  13. Risiko Augur

Auto correction is the devil lol.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  14. Gialana Augur

Toggling the merc to Passive and back usually fixes this for me.
    Risiko likes this.
  15. Risiko Augur

I had no idea. Great tip!
  16. Sandy100 Elder

As a returning player, I have been impressed with the improvements made to EQ. However, I have only three suggestions that I believe should be considered:

1. It is time to allow Franklin Teak to be able to teleport us to the quest hot zones. This is somethings whose time has come. Running through various zones to get to where we need to be and then running back is not fun and is frankly a time waster and a hassle.

2 MORE IMPORTANTLY: There is ONE major change that should be implemented in the next update or even next expansion ASAP. It is NOT new zones, unless you provide improved less confusing zones. It is NOT new mobs or even new content. MY suggestion is to radically improve the mapping system to that of what you have on EQ2. The map is a disaster. Even downloadable maps such as Brewalls maps are confusing, hard to read and just plainly awful. The EQ2 maps by contrast are very easy to follow and read, include all mob locations and even had places for quest solution locations. Just like with EQ2 maps, you should allow for players to add icons for content, such as quest mob locations and to have an automatic updater as with EQ2. It is a MUCH easier system that should be implemented ASAP. Also, you have the technology since you implemented it in EQ2. IT can't be that hard to implement. PLEASE consider this. I,for one, would gladly buy the expansion simply if you implemented this one change.

3. Please change many of the ingredients for tradeskills that require drops from mobs: In case you haven't noticed, on the two servers that I play, most tradeskill items that require mob drops for ingredients aren't sold. Also, the ingredients themelves aren't sold. For example, Distillate of Skinspike VII require Hearty Shassar Blood. Good luck finding either the potion or the Hearty Shissar Blood on the bazaar. Things like this should be changed to allow Alchemy merchants to have the ingredients.

4. Optional fourth idea: It is very archaic to have to set up a new character who stands in the bazaar in order to sell items. EQ2 fixed this archaic problem. They allow for mirrors in the house to be able to sell items from your home. Why this can't be matched in EQ is strange. Please consider adopting this from EQ2
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

EQ is not EQ2. Totally different underlying s/w. Thinking that things from EQ2 can just magically be done in EQ with little effort is not realistic. s/w doesn't work that way.

#3) that means it's time to go hunt for those items. How do you think they become available in the Bazaar? Alternatively, set up a buyer.

#1) I wholeheartedly agree. I had it somewhat easier as a porting class, but for a player who's not supported by another box, and doesn't have ports, they pick some really screwy, hard-to-get-to zones for hot zones. And since Clayton Teek will port you, why not Franklin?
  18. Sandy100 Elder

Tatanka, I fully understand that EQ is NOT EQ2. I also understand that creating a better map isn't a "chip shot." That said, however, they do have the code and technology to create a much better map that is currently in EQ and would be somewhat equivalent to EQ2's map. It can be done. Yes it will take programming resources, but I think it would be VERY well received and would help garner a whole new group of players to EQ. The map improvement suggestion is very important and should be considered ASAP.
  19. Azalindrel New Member

Apologies if this has been brought up before but there's just way too many pages in this thread to read through to see if it has. I've only recently returned to EQ and noticed a few things.

1. Permanent Camping - Yes, I've been informed by in-game general chat that this is not recognized by DB which means basically anyone can take the mobs if they are able to out dps the camper but then this would be difficult if the camper is max level boxing an entire group. In the old days people would respect camps and just leave them be so for me anyway, this is a hard habit to break. But then this doesn't exactly leave a good impression on any new players especially if you consider that perhaps people might want to use some of these early level camps, particularly named camps, to train guildies for raids later on. It's hardly a good habit to teach people that it's ok not to respect someone else's camps and simply take whatever you want if you can. Perhaps a way can be implemented to use the current AFK system available in the game but modify it so that if the camper is just sitting there for long stretches at a time the game would just automatically log them out ?

- Or perhaps an implementation of what was done for Nagafen and Vox can occur for the named mobs across the board ? Perhaps the named mobs can be rewritten to banish players that are e.g. 5 levels higher than it currently is ? I'm not a programmer so I really don't know if this is even possible but if possible it would at least cut down on the issue of permanent camping.

2. Server Population - Server merges have occurred in the past but perhaps it's time to fully merge as many servers as possible so that at least the population for what's left would be significantly higher than it currently is. As it is, there are a lot of zones which are completely empty and it's likely that a lot of new players don't even know the zones exist. Perhaps a few big server merges might change this.

3. Starting City - This is slightly linked to Item (2) above. Everyone is pushed to Crescent Reach these days and there does not seem to be an option to start in the original new player zones, e..g Freeport, Qeynos, Gfay, etc. My guess is that the original reason for this is so that players can have an opportunity to find groups by pushing everyone into one single zone. But then just about everyone will follow the usual leveling path and go from CR to Blightfire and then do an online search, find the usual leveling guides, and follow it, meaning all those old zones would never be visited. which just seems to me to be a huge waste since the lore available in those zones were what made EQ great in the first place. So, perhaps a consolidation of all the servers can happen, allow players to choose their starting cities, with perhaps a caveat on screen to warn them that they may not find as many groups as they would if they start in CR.

Anyway, these are just my 2cp worth of thoughts on QoL things for EQ. Apologies again to everyone if these has been brought up before.
  20. Morthakia Augur

Clayton is a wizard. Unfortunate for him, but Franklin is a muggle. If I were their father I’d be incredibly suspicious.
    svann and Tatanka like this.