Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am advocating for a new, exclusive, GGH port item or AA. Not for the removal of personal anchors.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I never go inside my houses either but all of my anchors are in my housing area. I just liter my yard with the anchors. I like this better than the guild hall because it allows me to dump my items faster when my bags are getting full. Throw a campfire down, anchor and unload, and campfire back into action. Depending on the zone I can do this process and be back into action as the mobs are starting to respawn leaving zero actual down time for the unloading process.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

need to raise the limit of storage in GuildHalls.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Risiko like this.
  4. Lorewood Lorekeeper

10 lines on a hot-button........but please more then 5.

Along those same lines we really need more social button space. Between anniversary,quests,macros and 18 years of aa's not to mentions shrouds...abilities...etc. I've been at my limit for years and every time i need to add one or change one it is an hour long aggravation of what to lose this time and the bitter regret when i have to figure it out again the next time. "Cannot create Hotbutton" gets old.

13 hotbars x 10 pages x 12 buttons=1560 and we get what is it? 80 socials?

Edit:
    Also clean up the ini files ...lets get a directory for charactor and game ini files instead of having them in EQ with the other 5500+ files in there.
    Metanis, Yinla and Atlans like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

orrrrrr - crazy talk I know -- all of the EQGs, EMTs, EFFs, CHRs, ZONs, XMIs, S3Ds, & MP3s could be in game data folders?
  6. Aurastrider Augur

Not a fix for your issue but start a running in game email to yourself with your macros for those special events or rarely used macros. This way if you have to remove one you have a quick reference to add it back if needed.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Angahran Augur

Can I vote for this about 10000 times ?

Being able to simply backup a 'character' folder would be a million times easier than trying to backup all the character files that are mingled in with all the game files.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. Herf Augur

I'd just be happy to be able to login and not find the login server down frequently.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

Not to mention, adding subfolders increases the performance of any Windows program that has to navigate the file system.
    Metanis likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Please, please, please, please, please give us more social buttons. :)
    Metanis likes this.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

Agreed, more social buttons would definitely be nice.
    Metanis likes this.
  12. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

We already have /kickp task for removal of all players from shared quests, /kickp exp for removal of all players from expedition . . . /kickp raid shouldnt be too difficult to add
  13. Brohg Augur

and group.
  14. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

Only 108? How about the guilds with 1000+ members . . . and all of that useless rendering of anchors everywhere . . . One anchor . . . the guild anchor . . . Click on it, gain an AA, or if you are changing from another guild change the location where that AA to the new location.
    Angahran likes this.
  15. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

And finally, after reading all 46 pages and not seeing it ONCE . . .
    MAKE MY RAID MEMBERS VISIBLE ON MY MAP without using 3rd party software to do it.
    I have no clue how anyone else is able to tell me "turn left there", if i could just see where all the rest of the raid members are at . . .
    You can make them a different color than the rest of my group if you want, even make each group in the raid different colors . ..
    Not being able to find a corpse to be able to rez . . "Out of range" errors and no clue where it is.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Angahran and Risiko like this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

CTRL-F
  17. Hamnolia New Member

The ability to search for the name of a collectible set in the bazaar and all items within that set are returned in the result.

New search term: Dragonhunter's Folly

Old search terms:
    Battered Helm
    Ripped Vambrace
    Mauled Gloves
    Shredded Breastplate
    Ruined Pants
    Destroyed Boots
    Shattered Shield
    Melted Longsword

This would be a massive quality of life improvement for anyone working on collectibles.
    Bonus points if you can somehow launch the search from inside the Achievements window by clicking on the achievement with some key combination held down.

Forgive me if this has already been requested, search didn't show anything.
  18. Tsolaes Elder

Eliminate Housing Rent.

I would say that Rent is pointless at this time. There are plenty of plots for everyone. If you have one of those premium houses, Rent is unlimited. So I have plots in my zone that will never get evicted, and those players also dont play anymore. Even if we pay rent, DayBreak can still screw up the database and there will be mass evictions like what happened on the 18th. Why bother having rent if some plots are unlimited, and other plots can be rolled back through errors?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

Apparently you have no clue how many buttons a cleric is mashing in a raid at one time . . . Control F will never work, Currently if your corpse is out of range and a rezer cant find you you are staying dead, might as well pop to spawn and take the guild banner back.Pulling up the map, or already having the map open, and a green X is off in the middle of nowhere I can at least move a bit closer and try to rez or drag and rez, but odds are that isnt gonna happen without a map aid.
  20. Angahran Augur

Hmm, would it be possible to add a port to guildhall to the guild standard ?

2 new AAs.
    1. Guild Portal - Ports you to your guild hall.
    2. Guild Standard - Ports you to your guild standard. (requires Guild Portal).

Also,
    1. New housing item, 'Door to Guild', ports you to your guild hall.
    2. Guildhall item (only need one per guild hall), 'Doorway Home', ports you to your home (pops a list if you have more than one, includes properties where you are 'co-owner'.)