Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Allayna Augur

And an evict button.
  2. Allayna Augur

Ban the cheaters, don't punish the masses?
  3. Cleaver Augur

A better solution is only apply the lockout if you were present for when the event started. Raids have triggers to start tie the lockout to that if you leave before its triggered no lockout if you leave after you get one.
    Daedly likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Events only give out a set number of flags/currency items per event so it is likely that all had been given out before you rejoined. But since there was some trouble with exploits they can give out as many lockouts as needed.
  5. Intenso Augur

seems like if you get a lockout u can come back in just after win to get currency/flags even if 54 was already given out
  6. Rickate Augur

Triality is bypassing lockouts, must create code to ruin things for "legit" players, there is no other possible solution.
  7. Angahran Augur

Easy fix.
    If character x receives loot or currency, check that character x has the lockout. If no, give them the lockout. (also check for flags, whatever. Basically, if the character 'gained' anything then make sure they get the lockout.)
  8. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Cheaters suck, plain and simple.

My example was real, I was on an alt as we needed said class. We raided, we wiped... I dropped from raid and expedition. They went on and won... as to why characters get lockouts from a raid when not there, that's dumb... If I have a lockout for a "win" I damn sure as crap get the coin/flag then... otherwise you as a "company" are exploiting us as a customer.
  9. Risiko Augur

You attempted the raid, and wiped. The outcome of your attempt is irrelevant to whether you get the lock out or now. The lock out is based on you attempting a raid encounter.

You don't get unlimited attempts until you win.
  10. Boze TLP complaint factory

AoC lockouts have been account-wide since they were implemented.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My house has gone walkabouts, I've had an email saying I've got an eviction crate but I haven't, a log of what was removed and exactly where it was sent to would be helpful.

10 days and waiting on an answer to petition. If I was a betting person, I'd put my money on Daybreak not knowing where my items have wandered off to either.
  12. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

What... do you even EQ?....

You get lockouts when you win.

you can literately raid the same event for days on end w/o a lockout.... Once you win you get to re-do it in 4.5 days
    svann and Daedly like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't fix the problem of being able to beat an event with a larger group to more quickly gear up a smaller group of characters. When this was happening it wasn't for the flag/currency that you get from beating the event but the loot in the chest and since most people on the raid don't get the loot they would still be able to do the event again for more loot then was designed to come in each week.
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Check the Parcel Merchant. When you get an eviction crate it gets parceled to you. If your parcel was full and you logged, it could of disappeared. There's a warning when you log in and when you go to camp, so if that was the case you could be sol.
  15. Mary Poppins Augur

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that, man.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

It would be nice. I've assisted other raids before on old content, then they moved to conflicting content and I had to drop, yet earned the lockout. Yes, had I thought of it at the time, I'm sure they would have dropped/re-got the dz so I wasn't part of it. I falsely assumed because I wasn't there when the event started I would have been ok.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Checked parcels not there and not full either
  18. Cleaver Augur

I'm 99% sure you have never raided in Everquest.
  19. Risiko Augur

Then it is handled vastly different than it is on TLP servers.
  20. Risiko Augur

I'm 100% sure I have raided in Everquest. I'm assuming things are different between the old raid content instances on TLP servers and raid instances on Live servers because if we don't win a fight, our instance shuts down after so many hours, and we are locked out till the next week on TLP.