Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Broken AB, was on the Issue tracker for months with no response at all other than a mod changing the status to reviewed. Took us months but we got comments from Hulwulf with regard to the fix on the live thread, yet still until that issue was closed there was no change to its status.

I've seen that on many other issues as well.
  2. Foliax Journeyman

More players on Live servers. :(
  3. moogs Augur

Edit: Missed Prathun's reply.
  4. Daedly Augur

What about an option with a toggle on and off, that will send filterable text to chat windows for a new mob appears on track?

You have detect evidence of <mob name>
    Angahran likes this.
  5. Meco New Member

I first played this game in 1999, and always wanted the following but never really saw it.

--- A dungeon that is a maze, like plane of mischief, but really a maze, traps, tunnels, the works.. something fun, maybe even slides between floors and moving tiles
    --- A dungeon that is underwater, but not bugged out, so you can fight monsters and get treasures and caves, really adventure and use your underwater breathing, swimming, air pockets, etc
    --- A dungeon that is dark, no light at all, need spells, torches, elf vision, scarey as f..., etc.
    --- Old items back like the bfg2000, with hard to find pieces
    --- A way to alter some of the world, replace permanent things on the map with breakable things, like a house you break apart to get to an entrance. Dont have to make the world breakable, just a couple things at first til you get used to it.
    --- A way to target things with ranged, like a bow and a bullseye. Would be cool to shoot a target which opens a portal, or door.
    --- Better player made items.. It is the most impossible grind in the world to get a skill up in eq, should be uber something, like fletching comes to mind.
    --- rare potions that do cool stuff, like shrink you , or make you larger
    --- boats or horses or something that moves without running
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wizards AND Druids.
    Jshaman and moogs like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

More then one new port location for Wizards and Druids.
    Jshaman, Yinla and EnchFWO like this.
  8. EnchFWO Augur

... that is BETTER than the guild hall portal stone.
    Jshaman, Yinla and Jumbur like this.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Something like Korsha Gate and Sathirs Tomb, would be handy. Just to mention the last 2 expansions, but generally the more the merrier.
    They could make them quest-able if they don't feel like giving them away for free. :) We haven't had any quest-able port-spells since VoA.
    Jshaman and Yinla like this.
  10. segap Augur

Korsha Gate would be a nice convenience option for the porting classes. The entrance to Sathir's Tomb is where it's at for a reason. There's a difference between saving people a safe run of a couple minutes and saving people having to get past a few see invis mobs in a dungeon.
    Jshaman likes this.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That is true, but back in the old days(when ports actually mattered), ports where also about saving people from dangerous journeys. Other classes can cast double-invis, why not give porters something equally helpful. :)
    Jshaman, Yinla and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. EnchFWO Augur

So yes... definitely like something such as Gate would be amazing and I would say -sure- lock it behind progression. Why would you be able to get there if you aren't 'up to date' with it? So, suppose general hub is available on release. Okay - good. Then rewarding something for progression, seems logical.

To the other point though about Tomb ports... will disagree on this. That wouldn't really make sense (if we want to maintain any sort of continuity or lore). To me, this is a gift unto Mages and giving life back to COTH. Not saying they want that but it gives them another +.

I still think that ports SHOULD matter though. If anything it should be closer to whatever 'relevant' thing compared to the GH portal. Why even bother with ports if the GH portal places you at the same point (or about next to it)?
  13. segap Augur

Tell that to the evil races that got pummeled by druids evacing them to unfriendly druid circles.
  14. EnchFWO Augur

Treants were such a good XP spot during actual original classic though~! Of course... no one understood the consequences at the time. So yeah... OUCH on ports!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The lore part could be solved with a quest: Gather six different ectoplasms and atune them near ST zone-in to cause a rift in the ether-structure and make it susceptible to porting(or something :p), I am open to suggestions though.
    Historically most port destinations has been near arcane structures though, so that might be a stretch...
    And it wouldn't be the first port we had to quest, that could save you from a dangerous run, Pillars-port comes to mind.

I guess where we differ, is how useful ports should be. Being able to freely port to every single succor-spot is totally overpowered though, thats not what Im suggesting. Where do you think a second port-destination in RoS should go instead?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. svann Augur

Ability to parcel cash.
  17. Thunderkiks Augur

You can parcel plat and all other coin already :)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. svann Augur

ok thanks. tried before and did not see the little box popup cause it was over in the top of my screen. Now I know.
    Thunderkiks and Risiko like this.
  19. Risiko Augur

I've always thought that the parcel tab could be made a lot more user friendly.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  20. Thunderkiks Augur

No problem :)