Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Tucoh Augur

Got a survey today. Only thing I asked for is more content. 6 new zones in RoS, 30+ in Ruins of Kunark.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My response was to stop being such tight-lipped morons.

If you're going to make big changes (potion belt, DoT re-re-revamp), at least TALK to the user base about it. Even just talk AT us. But something. This not-a-word-said-before-during-or-after has to stop.
  3. Brohg Augur

zones don't equal content
    Caell likes this.
  4. Karthanon Augur

Boxed last night, got my shaman to 104 (trying to hit 105 before the extra XP goes away!), and started getting maudlin after talking to my daughters who just created characters for the first time on Live (an SK and Beastlord, if you're curious).

Since we're talking about dreams and wishes...I'd like all my friends back, please. Those people that disappeared here and there as they moved to other games, life happened, or passed away IRL. I've kept in touch with a few, and Facebook helps here and there, but it's not the same.

The guild that had a niche spot where you settled in and could laugh and play for hours and not get bored or be interrupted by stuff.

Always the thrill of a new zone, exploration, finding something different, something new. LEARNING something new about your class or the game from someone you looked up to.

A packed EC tunnel and/or bazaar. Crazy interguild drama. Active server boards (I still miss Morell Thule's Leeches thread).

Conventions.

GM's that played the game and gave a crap (okay, this may still happen. I don't know. I haven't seen a GM for years).

I have to say, even after years of playing, EQ hasn't lost the 'fun' part for me. Even when doing grindy stuff, there always was something else to do afterwards, and going back to old quests/old haunts gives me a little bit of joy (killing that stupid turtle in Iceclad every single time I port there for giggles, for instance). I know some of these would be fulfilled by playing on a TLP server - but that's just not for me.

Thanks, Devs and EQ Community. Life goes on, and the fact I'm playing the same game after 18 years tickles my fancy.

But really, I'm serious about the friends part.
    Aurastrider and IblisTheMage like this.
  5. moogs Augur

Phone Support
    Leigo likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

More Bandolier slots

Give mercs real gear and have the ability to give all 4 mercs their own complete vis and non vis sets, not the cheesy 4 pieces they get now. Basically give them player gear and slots to fill.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Increase maximum grouping level cap from 30 to 35.

Currently when you right-click and hold on an item in the Advanced Loot window, it pops up a description window for the item that stays open when you release right click. This is the opposite of the normal "right-click to see item info" behavior where the window closes when you release right click. Make the window close when I release right-click. If I want it up longer I will Alt-Click it just like everywhere else in the game.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Why do items not purchased with Commemorative coins not stack???? Make them stack to 20 like most other things SO i can bring a stack with me. Make me want to use them and not be a major pain in the to have a ready source to use.

Stalwart Stew

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=116234
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Remove all level requirements on buffs.

Players have mercenaries or can buy Heroic characters or can get PLed by a friend to 105 in a weekend.

Let people twink out and buff up characters to comical levels and be running riots in old content. You can already faceroll it with your 110 or with a warrior Mercenary. May as well simplify the buffing process up and let all buffs land on all levels like they used to in PoP with MGB KEI and Virtue being fired off in PoK and helping level 10 people feel very powerful for an hour or two.
    mmats likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

havin' a chuckle at devs getting to read this & "plz nerf skyfire" in the same forum
    Karthanon likes this.
  11. Karthanon Augur

Well, we might as well try to confuse them (if possible)!
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Ability for Guild leaders to promote people as co-guild leaders (To a max of 3 total Guild Leaders). We already know this is possible as GMs in the past would manually do it. Adding a way for players to do it themselves would be nice since GMs will no longer do it. Additionally adding a way for officers to promote someone to Guild leader status through consensus would be nice as well for those who have an AWOL GL.

Item display windows that do not take up 3/4 of the screen when you have all 6 open. Would be nice too.
  13. svann Augur

A food/drink identifier on the icon itself. Sometimes a tradeskill mat is also a food item, so it falls into my tradeskill bag in front of my food item. When that happens it can be a real nuisance trying to find which item it is in among four 32 slot bags.
  14. Sindaiann Augur

15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Keep one non-tradeskill bag in the first slot. With your regular food, spell reagents, clickies, etc, you can easily fill this bag with items which won't ever leave it. THEN have your TS mat bags. With this system, I've never lost a tradeskill food item.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Toggles for Debuff displays on a mob targeted window:

My Debuffs only
    My Group only
    My Class only

Those would be excellent options to be able to filter out other class debuffs that I don't necessarily care about seeing.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Kelv_BB New Member

I would like the ability to play on mobile. Something like Celtic Heroes is what I am imagining. Not a new version of EQ for mobile, but my existing character on my existing server so that there is continued advancement which will be recognized in both environments.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

They tried to do that EQ app and it was so bugged. I think another app tie in would be awesome if it actually worked. Even if it was something that allowed you to adjust your bazaar/barter prices and manage inventory I would be happy. I think this is one area they are really missing out on from a marketing standpoint. If they could even have someone make an awesome EQ app game that appeals to the masses it might get people interested in actual EQ that have never played EQ or who have never heard of the game. I don't know how much it would cost to pay for someone to make an EQ app but it would certainly help to promote the product and maybe get more customers for the actual game.
  19. Karthanon Augur

Bring back the EQ games that were released on PocketPC!
  20. moogs Augur

I gave up on stat food years ago because it was very confusing, but if this is not already a feature, automatically consumed food and drink should add the stats. Force feeding rations and water flasks and then only using the stat food manually is just weird. Has this been addressed or is it the same ol'?