Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

I sat down one day with my 105 warrior, and created a spreadsheet of all of his activate able (wierd... is activatable not a word) AAs, discs, and such just to figure out what was the best for each timer and situation.

We like numbers. We like analysis. We like theory craft. If we just liked killing things, we would be playing a MMORPG that isn't 18 years old :p

Ps. Whoever wrote and continues to maintain Gamparse, you are my hero.
    IblisTheMage, Tatanka and Quatr like this.
  2. Blackburrow23 Elder

I stare at my XP bar now. I hover over it to find what percent i’m at. Kill a mob, check, then kill a mob, check, then kill a mob check, then kill and check until i see it move 1%. It is seriously annoying but this only matters when i’m actually XPing and not camping named or doing something else that involves killing a NPC and not worrying about xp gains.

Having the number would make calculating XP per hour much easier if that is what a nerdy EQ player wanted to calculate. We already argue till we are blue in the face if a zone is better xp at a certain level than another zone. Having the numbers exposed will do the same thing that exposing Faction did which is allow time to be spent more efficiently. And if the xp really is evened out and there aren’t ‘better’ camps then it really doesn’t matter. Just pick something you can kill but as it stands now, we argue and argue about what is the best spot and then we go to where people think is the best spot and crowd that zone.

In conclusion, knowing the experience gained per kill, assuming that xp is spread fairly and somewhat evenly, would spread the population out and instead of crowding 1 camp i would know that i’m not screwing myself by going to a secondary camp.
    Daedly, Quatr and Risiko like this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

On topic: a function to switch between Need and Greed mode for advloot filters. We as a group tried to stick to greed but all it takes is one “put everything on need” person to join and screws that up. I’d rather they just combine to two into “want/don’t want”, but if not the ability to change filters without going through hundreds (or thousands) of items would be good QoL.
    Zhaunil_AB and Yinla like this.
  4. Risiko Augur

You know, if they had a group override toggle that would be great.

That way, you don't have to change your settings between greed, need, and back again every time you get in to a new group that handles loot differently.

Just have it so that the group leader can toggle a group override switch that treats all "Always Greed" options as "Always Need".

That way there, you can have the item set as greed or need, but if the group leader sets the switch to on, all Greed choices are treated as Need choices. Then, problem solved.
  5. fransisco Augur

A way to watch my own crits. I can't have my spell crits or melee crits on my own window. I can choose all melee/spell crits.
    Better yet, a adjustable chat filtering system, where I can write an expression to dictate what goes where.
    Niskin and Daedly like this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Some settings would be nice I agree. Like, when I’m grouped with my Rogue bot having him set to greed and sk main to Need means sk rolls on things and rog doesn’t. But then some other tank joins and I drop sk and am now only doing rog, the rog would want to roll on things since that’s the toon I’m now playing. Setting both to Need is less ideal as I probably don’t want to “double roll” with the box, but it’s often the simplest way sadly. Only way to fix that would be to change all of his settings.

A “mode” for each toon between need or greeding things would cover the above perfectly.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That wouldn't work, I have collections I need set as need and those I already have collected as greed so they don't rot.

I certainly don't want a group leader changing my settings.
  8. Mazame Augur

Here's QoL changes I would like:
    • Pet Tab: The tab I would like is one like the merc tab that has slots for gear. I like to be able to see what gear my pet using and even swap it in and out based on what I am doing. example when I soloing and pet taking have hate weapons, get into a group I like to switch to dps weapons. I not a mage so pulling gear out of a portal or from under their robe is not an option.
    • It would also be nice if gear didn't poof when the pet dies. not sucks more then being deep in a zone and a named spawn pet get and unlucky round and go from full gear to named. Mages that summon gear get a pet geared when they summon but us other classes ( necro, bst , ench ) have to make the call to carry X sets of gear around all the time Vs. keeping pet ungeared Vs. having to leave a camp every time pet dies. One would think we would have learned by now to take the gear from our old pets corpse and put it on our new pet. So asking for us to not have to waste bag space on 10 sets of gear. it be nice if we had a pet tab that when we get gear we put it in and can swap it out like a merc.
    Felicite likes this.
  9. eqzekisdead Augur

I wish they would sell a 1,000 pack of kronos. Right now the largest size is only 25 and its a hassle to have to keep buying it a bunch of times.
  10. fransisco Augur

Pet TAB > almost all other requests
    moogs, Felicite and mmats like this.
  11. xcitng Augur

i want my potion belt, plz
    Dsuna and Yinla like this.
  12. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Not to beat a horse but something I remember I dislike... when at character selection screen, the quit button... please change that to log out or exit. The word quit in this game has a different meaning.

Better Merc AI, I dont want to set myself as puller to keep my mercs in camp, a stand here button would be nice tho.

Guild hall tradeskill vendors, I’m sure someone mentioned it.

Better Guild houseing management, like the ability to parcel non members their items

Ability to use old xpac currency’s to pay for houseing or swap to another xpac/heirloom it...

Account to account transfers please, my ranger begs you...

Tweek RoS named AE’s/DoT’s not alot, but maybe range... 75/100 ish and lower their damage to be inline with group geared peeps...
    Fohpo likes this.
  13. jiri_ Augur

I'd like to be able to camp to the server select screen, and I'd like the Log Out button on the server select screen to take you to the log in page that you mostly bypass with the launcher.
  14. Daedly Augur

The ability to type commands for the advanced loot system. So that I can keep the window minimized.

To have different rule sets in the advanced loot system for tradeable and non-tradeable items.
  15. Fohpo Augur

Especially the part about some of the RoS named being way overtuned for group geared characters.
  16. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I have the HP’s to live and do this crap, but if I get into a pug and they dont live... I wont live. Typical group gear tank with appropriate gear should be in the 240-250k hp range with a mix of T1 and T2 RoS stuff and AA’s... right? If so, then said dot from uber_dork shouldnt be 88k a tick with an intinal 90k dd unreasistable uncureable! Maybe tune then down about 20% overall or make them cureable!
  17. Fohpo Augur

My SK is full conflagrant visibles, RoS VP/T1 non-vis, and Soultrapper + Reaper's and some of the named destroy me with 26kish well spent AA. Granted, most of my box group is group geared and their DPS isn't 100%, I feel like I maintain 750k-1m as a group pretty regularly and stuff still doesn't die before I run into trouble.
  18. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

As you can see from my signature I box a druid and shaman, add in their lack luster dots now and a pair of crap mercs, i’d guess I can sustain 600k average and if I actually hit their burns right maybe top a mil but doubtful. The named that give me issue are the one with ae silence... cause that is just awesome. If you get north of 700k as a group you can pretty much take it all, but miss a heal with one of these dots on you and welcome to hover mode!
  19. segap Augur

My SK with full RoS t2, baz power source and a typical random assortment of rk. II buffs is at 214k hp. Augs are decent (6445 HP combined from them), any and all AA that boost HP are done (34k total).
  20. Fohpo Augur

That makes sense.