Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Allayna Augur

Personally use a custom Target Window that has target, target's target, aggro meter and tribute timer!!!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Allayna Augur

Lolz
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

And a PoK book in the new one, same as in the old - it's not as if the Combine would've dismantled this...
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Use grow and invade an unsuspecting nat... erm.. zone with weak defenses!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Then, i am sure, you were told BS.
    The info is all there.

Now, if the combining/coding this would be "cost effective" (both in terms of dev time and CPU/DB-time) is another matter.
    But impossible? no! "Wir schaffen das!"
  6. ---Xislaben--- Augur

Gnome-only rocket powered bicycle mounts.
    Nudia and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Laloru Moonmist New Member

Sounds so simple but...
    I'd like more than 3 hairstyles to choose from!!!
    xeveq and Risiko like this.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I was about to write something like this, when i found this.

PLEASE finally move the NEC/SHD HP to mana conversion spell messagess off "others" - and into their own filterable category.
    In general, the way filtering is being done could use an overhaul imo.
    But most of all i am irritated by (even out of group) spells cluttering my cleric-wizard's spellcasting message window!
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

That automatically shoot them onto the (uninhabited!) moon or even straight into the sun!
    I'm all for that!
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

While i like some of the other stuff in that post, a definite "NO" (with not just one but several exclamation marks!) on this one from me!

I have been able to make character names without much issue, and so are you if you use your imagination a bit.
    But i'd absolutely HATE it if i saw a familiar name only to see it's a new character/different player impersonating him.
    Or (having been gone for many years) if i had found my character names mysteriously changed upon my return.
  11. svann Augur

In case I havent mentioned it - make bard epic insta-cast so it wont interrupt melody.
    momentumAB, IblisTheMage and Brohg like this.
  12. Cadbane Journeyman

Wish List:

When holding a full bag of items + the <crtl> key over the [Auto Bank] button, then clicking would empty the bag in to the bank. Similar to the way you can change contents from one bag to another using the <ctrl> key.

Increasing Fellowship member count, while allowing 2 members and 1 merc to deploy a campfire.

Ability to request old expansion raids with 6 people (including mercs), while allowing mercs in the raiding zone. This would open up a lot more content for small groups and allow OCD people the chance to do old raids. House of Thule and older to start?

Bazaar trade satchels made bigger. Trade skill, Collectable and normal trader bags for better organization. Up max price in Bazaar to 5 million?

To be able to use a higher level Augment Distiller in place of a lower level one.

A Merc "Bandolier" for their 4 pieces of equipment. Another option is to allow each merc type to have its own gear, instead of sharing.

More customization tabs in the Trade skill window. This would allow you to organize things you make into groups. Ex: One tab has all the recipes for making Armor type X, while another could be set up for Armor type Y. Searching and adding to the single favorite tab you have now gets to confusing when the list gets so long.

Key ring for Nimbus's.

The ability to incorporate your "Key Rings" into a hot key or at least make a hot button while they are stored in your ring (pretty sure you can not do this now).

Key ring for weapons although, Weapons Cache sounds much cooler.. Constant swapping of weapons using the bandolier really messes up my inventory. The thought of seeing a list of weapons available and a few basic stats like type and delay damage in a ring window would be welcoming.

Add 2 slots to inventory for food. I can't count how many times I ate something cause I didn't have the food in the right slots or bags. The food can still be stored in inventory, the slots would just call out which you are consuming.

The skills window could list all languages you know and do not know. (this is petty, but useful)

Ability to auto range attack on any character with a ranged weapon.

The ability to allow one hot key to activate another hot key (limited to a chain of 2-3) or increase lines in hot keys to allow for more macro's.

Vendor that will trade down raid spells from one expansion to the next.

Edit: fixed Rings to "Key Rings"
  13. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I suppose what I should have said, is rather, that it is not feasible, due mostly to the way the bazaar system works and way in which they would have to query the data storage and they've stated they wont do it (the last time was back in Nov 2016) but they were agreeable to possibly putting a clickable link on the collect perhaps that would take you right to yours for easier checking, which is available to voting here:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-248

Based on previous experience with other items, Its tracked internally so that means its somewhere past conception but before implementation in the development chain.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I like this thing!
    Could even be implemented without too much of new commands or a new window,
    if for example there were added 3 more sets of equipment slots - one per merc type - that the active merc "checks" for his gear.
    Perhaps with a "default" radio button for characters/people that haven't gathered all different sets yet.

If "your rings" in this context refers to "finger" items, then /useitem will do it for you.
    If "rings" refers to keyrings (familiars/illusion keyrings) instead then yes...

/autofire does that for me?

While this would be nice as 5commands are not really many, especially when adding in /timer or pauses longer than 600, this won't be done because the underlying issue of why it hasn't been done when they made the socials initially is still there:
    People could create endless loops (social1 => calling social2 => calling social1) and that would be bad, for both sides.
    I'd be all for more "official scripting tools" though, that would enable us the lists of commands we want and even perhaps affect the mercenary behavior as was mentioned above.
    At the very least, that would make the business model obsolete for some 3rd party software some people use.
    And incidentally, that is also why this kind of change is unlikely to ever happen - the possibility for exploits is just too great.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'm a definite YES. I don't think I've ever made a new char in the last 10-12 years where I could get the name I wanted, with having to physically torture the alphabet.

Sorry, if you haven't logged in for 10+ years, the name should be "+z"ed, and the name made available. If you want to be more picky about it, only extend this to all-access accounts.
  16. fransisco Augur

I want a way to hide my own bodies after they have been rezzed. Soo annoying that they are always sitting there (And I might target them)
    Risiko likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My wish for today is to return to yesterday prepatch, where I had a guild manager that worked!
    And I had a hope of completing Atrocious!
  18. Bobsmith Augur

Necro only rocket bikes powered by Gnome souls.
  19. oldandnasty Augur

Better mercenaries.
  20. Risiko Augur

Connect Everquest chat/tells system to social media like Twitter.

Imagine this scenario...
    1. One of my friends logs in to Everquest and sees I'm not online, but he wants to go kill things
    2. He types /fbm Risiko Hey punk get in game, so we can go kill stuff!
    3. I get a the message "Hoenn tells you, 'Hey punk get in game, so we can go kill stuff!' from Everquest" via my Facebook Messenger app on my phone
    4. I reply to the message with "reply Hoenn I'm busy stuffing my face at Wingstop right now. see you in an hour"
    5. He gets a tell from Risiko that says, "I'm busy stuffing my face at Wingstop right now. see you in an hour"
    6. He takes a screen shot in game, and types "/ssfbm Risiko Ok, so I will just kill this named you have been waiting on for ever, and delete the drop."
    7. I get another message in Facebook Messenger app on my phone that says "Hoenn tells you, 'Ok, so I will just kill this named you have been waiting on for ever, and delete the drop." and the screenshot he took right before doing his ssfbm command. The screenshot is him doing a /wave and the named mob I have been camping for the past month behind him.
    8. I reply to the message with "reply Hoenn I'm on my way home now!"
    9. He gets a tell from Risiko that says, "I'm on my way home now!"
    ;)
    IblisTheMage and Yinla like this.