Quality of Life Request - could the /timer command take more intuitive arguments?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by PathToEternity, Mar 1, 2019.

1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'm playing on a TLP server and as I progress through expansions I find myself creating (and updating) more and more hotkey macros using /timer, and for some of these longer timers the numbers are getting mentally unwieldy for me. Since we currently have no way to passively show timers of skills/hotkey the way we do for spells (which I'd argue would also be a valuable QoL change, but a much larger undertaking since that's UI related), I'd love to be able to do something like /timer 52m24s or something like that instead of having to use a calculator to find out how many tenths of a second are in 52 minutes and 24 seconds.

That's basically the bulk of my request. I'd like to think it wouldn't require removing the existing code, the default unit could still be tenths of a second, if not specific (and especially if /pause were affected by this), but just expanding on what exists currently.

Bonus Round: Be able to tie a timer argument to an item, skill, ability, gem, etc. (/timer useitem Blessed Spiritstaff of the Heyokah, /timer alt act 153, /timer doability 1, /timer cast 5, etc.).
  2. niente Developer

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1661 - AA Timer command for hot button creation

This one is kind of close, if a few more people vote for it I can make a request.
    Would try to do something like -
    If you have X abilities on a hotbutton, search for the one with the longest remaining reuse timer. Use that to set the button's reuse timer.
  3. Boze TLP complaint factory

Neat! Voted.
    It'd be nice to have that option for a hot key with multiple burns, but the opposite of "shortest remaining use timer" would also be extremely helpful for mashing those 20s, 30s, 1 min abilities.
  4. Brohg Augur

/timer longest
    /timer shortest
    /timer #### (in ms)

I like it !
    Fanra and Nniki like this.
  5. Rainlover Augur

I remember posting that request! Excellent to see it getting some attention maybe we can make it happen
  6. callius Journeyman

vote for this people ! especially shortest or longest, be handy for my kick taunt bash etch key
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

/hidecorpse alwaysnpcexceptchest
  8. Leigo You come here often?

I would just like if socials with /timer in them didn't reset on zoning.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  9. Drogba Augur

that^ this is why i see them as a waste of time.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  10. Boze TLP complaint factory

I'd like to amend my request for a shortest timer /timer function to just letting us /autoskill AAs and discs with reuse timers that are 1 minute or less.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

We need a reuse timer option that just lets us pick one line in the social, that whatever the command is on that line the button timer follows.

So if the command on the line is to use AA 123, then the button timer uses that reuse timer. If the command on the line is to use a spell, then the button timer uses that refresh timer. The same with abilities, discs, etc.

So if the social is:

/disc XYZ
    /cast 3, reuse timer
    /alt ability 2

then the button timer is the refresh timer on spell 3.

I'm not sure if that is your request or not.
    Nniki and Tatanka like this.
  12. Rainlover Augur

I am bringing this back up, as the issue tracker is gone, it is not a bug, and I think it was something that was close that many people may want.
    Fanra likes this.
  13. niente Developer

This is tracked internally - not a small amount of work (not huge, either) but no ETA at this time.
    Fanra, Raccoo and Rainlover like this.
  14. Rainlover Augur

Thank you for the reply :) and no problem, i do understand that everything has to be weighed against other time needs as well.
    Fanra likes this.
  15. Leigo You come here often?

I might hug a gnome if this gets added soon(tm)
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Have you tried using Gina? Gina has an extensive amount of options for timers. There's a lot you can do with it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I've used GINA quite a bit and have even made a number of guides, including timer-related ones:

I'm not actively playing these days but nice to see this is still being tracked internally. I'm sure I'll come back sooner or later.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

When you leave a guild your anchors in the guild hall get parceled back to you. Saw someone just now in general chat trying to get their anchors back from a guild they were in. Seems like a good idea.
  19. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Even if you can't get back in the guild hall, you can stand in the yard, open the plot window, and take your anchors out. You can always remove your own stuff from a guild hall.
    CrazyLarth, Thunderkiks and Warpeace like this.