Quality of Life Improvements For 2016

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Onhanis Stonescale Elder

Kk, set all Mage nukes to either do 1 dmg, or cost 1,000,000 mana to do 2 dmg. Just kidding, some people (like me) enjoy playing Mage.
  2. Quuq Apprentice

Make "New" and "Used" tabs for vendors. Their standard inventory is visible in the "New" tab, and the stuff that other people sell them is listed in the "Used" tab.

My blood pressure needs this change in 2016, Daybreaks. Please help.
  3. fransisco Augur

When you target a mob with a single target beneficial spell (heal, buff, ect) make it land on the targets target.

All the target changing crap we need to do adds nothing to the game. Its just annoying stuff we need to do.
    Metanis, Agrippa and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Angahran Augur

Remove 'no storage' flag.

Mark 'useless' quest items. E.g. if a quest asks you to collect 10 fuzzy dice, have the npc at the end take the 10 fuzzy dice you collected.
    I have bags of 'quest' items in my bank that I'm keepung because I don't remember if they are needed or not.
  5. Eanelder Augur

I'm hoping this change currently on the Test server includes Mount noises (ie that god forsaken copter whirlygig mount from hell), if not, the ability to mute mounts.
    Isssk, Agrippa, Nuttann and 2 others like this.
  6. Stephen51 Augur

Decrease the number of players required to drop a campfire in a specified location from 3 to 2.

Allow a mechanism for mages/all pet users to cycle their cast pets. So lets say you are a mage, and you are moloing with your tooled up earth pet, say with agro weapons and you get into a group, with a tank class. The pet is no longer as useful as your other pet types, so you shelf it and cast a water pet, and tool it up. After a while the group breaks up and you want the earth pet back, but to get it, you have to kill the water pet you cast. I propose, a mechanism, an AA probably be best, where you can switch the pet you have put away, and the pet you have in play. This may be useful in raids, between events where certain pet types which were ideal for the last event, are not so good for the next. I am not so familiar with other pet classes so not sure how useful it would be to them.

Allow a mechanism for mages/all pet users to put a pet into stasis so it is not killed along with its master.
    For example, you have your tooled up Air pet, with the cauldron summoned swords, and you have been xping with it for a few hours before raid, but you know you are trying a new event and its going to take some time (and deaths) to get it right. You could shelve the pet and cast another, but if you die, so does the shiny air pet. If there were a mechanism, and for this I think an NPC maybe in POK or the Bazaar (could be a new 'kennels' area with lots of cages for the deposited pets) could give you a token for exchange of the pet. To retrieve the pet you simply return the token.

For both of the pet related ideas, Daybreak could add an anti-exploit mechanism that would only allow them to work when the player was in a resting state, as that would to my mind stop someone taking advantage of another well armed and buffed pet, mid-battle.
    Agrippa and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

Great idea. What do you think of the name "Suspend Minion"?
    Faana likes this.
  8. Angahran Augur

Are you suggesting a new rank of Suspend Minion that allows the pet to survive the owners death ?
    Xanathol and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Numiko Augur

I would like to see an expansion / revamp of the macro system, maybe adding more abilities that can be queued up and increasing it to 10 or so lines.
    Agrippa, Faana and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. fransisco Augur

Ahhh, someone wise in the way of nerfing mages.

Suspend minion does not let you switch between active pet and suspended pet.
    Felicite, Faana and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I'd love to hear from Dzarn, Prathun, Holly, Roshen and anyone else on any of this if they can get away with commenting. I understand they can't commit to anything because of the way the company is structured but if they feel like making some sort of neutral statement to encourage the thread & more ideas or whatever they can do without getting in trouble with the higher ups.
  12. Onhanis Stonescale Elder

Wow Gyurika, are you FTP or are you liking all ideas on this thread? Lol all of my ideas are about making the FTP side of the game and you've liked all the actual non-sarcastic ideas.
  13. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I'm liking most stuff and trying to encourage people to post but I may have went overboard on the likes :D
  14. Nuttann Elder

I had specifically mentioned that I might be willing to pay real money just to block that specific whirligig sound. I can get by with most of the others that are not as irritating.

Limiting this to quality of life and not real game increasing abilities, bug fixes, or other issues:

Ideas above that I particularly favor:

1) Whirlygig/mount sound blocking - Really would like
    2) Reduce number of people to create a campfire to 2. - I see this as a positive. By the time you get the third person there, everyone can run. That and we set one at raid gather and rarely have more than 3 actually on. I don't see this as more than a convenience, but am not trying to think of how someone might figure out a way to abuse it.
    3) Make useless quest items go away or automatically taken at end. (Some quests did this) - Just plain nice.
    4) Illusions persist through zoning (timer limit still applies) - Minor nice to have

There were others that might be nice, but I had no real opinion on them

Things that I have always wanted, and have posted before at least the first one:

1) Special guild banker for collectibles - At 300 items per house vault, I am at 4 houses right now to hold the variety of items I have for guild. A simple alphabetic list of items is fine. No need to group by quest or zone. Allow the listing to be output like current guildbank contents are handled.
    2) /outputfile achievements - Get a text representation of stuff done and not done to share with friends off line for planning on what to do when you next group. Indented steps under achievements or machine-readable format (E.g., JSON). (Done and not done should also be marked in a machine deterministic way)

There were more, but these are what I recall right now.
    Ssdar, Faana and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Honorable mention - I would love for some form of EQ Players to come back. It is so frustrating to have to look through multiple servers on multiple accounts to find all your characters and then to have to log on each one to see what they have on them and in the bank.
    Hiladdar and Faana like this.
  16. Alchem The Judge Journeyman

I would like to see raising the old factions become an integral part of the game again. With the newer expansions I see a lot of augments and other items you can achieve from the new factions but what about the old factions that use to drive us as players. Can you introduce quest lines that give augments, bags, clicky items-novelty or imperative to get, and racial mounts for the original starting cities? Racial mounts has been a big wish of mine for a long time. I'd love to ride on a Halas Armored Bear, wouldn't you? Even titles relating to your standing with the specific city/racial faction. Maybe even AA bonus for completing heritage quests with each city to raise Heroic stats along the lines of the Mata Muram Trials. I don't care that the old cities will look like they do forever, I'd like a reason more than nostalgia to visit them again aside from cultural trade skill containers.

I enjoy having the option to buy clickys to change the appearance of my pet but one thing I haven't seen yet is an illusion for them of the playable races. I prefer to play with Barbarians so all my mercs are Barbarians and I'd kinda like to make my pet one to. While on the subject of Barbarians I would like to point how little the men and women of the North are involved in new expansions as far as giving out quests. It's always mostly Humans and Elves. I could seriously use a break from this. I'd like to see my hometown faction get in the mix again and be responsible for pointing you in the right direction or standing on a raid stage judging future raiders whether they are worthy to pass on or not. The Tribunal is concerned with pure justice and as I can recall from a lot of past expansions, there's a lot of injustice going on...

You've done what you could to take things from other classes that might have been secular to that class or it's class category, like Priests/Casters, I'd like to see some of the same with some melee stuff. I would like to earn AA to keep my illusion on through a zone change is the main one I can think of atm. You've given classes that normally didn't have group versions of spells like invis and levi to almost everyone I think maybe Rogues and Enchanters and Bards should be able to share a clicky illusion with the whole group including the benefits from that illusion while the rest of us be able to earn an AA to keep ours on through zoning pets included.

Epic ornaments: So we've done the work to not only get one, but 1.5, and then 2, and then 2.5 but we have to do two separate quests of running around for 6 hours to get each epic ornament? This seems a little much. I was shocked when I got done running around and I had to pick which one I wanted instead of having access to both. I would like you to reconsider this and give us both options anytime we go back to Felwithe. The work that was put into getting those when they were relevant should be enough to earn both ornaments for the quest imo. I'm not sure if you plan of having more epics in the future but could you consider having them scale up? I'd really enjoy using mine out of the bag again. Maybe even a quest line to change the epics we have into something else that goes along with today's stats. Maybe add a slot 5 and 9, and 6?

I know these aren't exactly game changing but I appreciate the opportunity to share. Lastly I'd like to address the problem of Elves. For details contact me in game or through my email. This is a serious matter...

Alchem-Shaman on EMarr, Barbarian of course
  17. Faana Augur

1. Guild collectibles storage
    2. Guild tradeskill components storage. Currently, I have wayyyyy too many mules doing this.
    3. Gear closet for those robes we just can't get rid of.
    4. Unfinished quest weeks once a year. One week per expansion. If you finish up quests you've had for a long time during that week, you get 4x exp for it.
    5. A way to fix unfixable factions like fairies and Mayong Mistmoore.
    6. MAKE ANCHORS NOT COUNT TOWARD GUILD HALL DECORATIONS.
    7. Maps. Really. Customer Service 101. People shouldn't have to go hunt up maps. I know some people who can't tell you where their EQ map directory is.
    8. Gold members earn xp faster. Or maybe they get special hot zones that really ARE hot zones. Or xp potions every week.
  18. Quuq Apprentice

They need to add a High Performance Muffler of Quellious to the marketplace. In fact, they could spin off an entire mount modding line of items. I'd totally buy a huge spoiler, some NOX, and one of those giant chrome tail pipes for my AA mount.
    Metanis and Faana like this.
  19. Nolrog Augur

I would be strongly against just about everything in this list.

Remove AA caps for silver? No, buy a subscription like the rest of us have to. Silver account have no monthly recurring cost.

Increase AAs for F2P to 2000? No, buy a subscription like the rest of us have to. F2P don't have a recurring cost like the rest of us do.

Allow non-heroic characters to use heroic augs: Since you can do the J5 quest anyway, go do the J5 quest.

Allowing people to spend loyalty on heroic characters: Heroic characters are an additional revenue stream. You would be reducing the money they take in, and that is less that can be spent on the game.

Allow F2P to purchases silver: IIRC, many of the silver benefits were rolled into F2P already, so there really isn't a huge advantage anymore for silver.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. fransisco Augur

remove all sound from Auras!
    Hiladdar and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.