QoL Change? Why does my Flying Carpet Eat so much FOOD?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Erghh, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Nope, try again.

Well, my point is that there isn't a single universal acronym everyone uses. Some use a +. some don't...and for those that don't, you offended them by lumping them together with a + !
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

TL;DR: Ibliz babbles about nothing and everyting

As long as I feel confident that I am not being a rectum, I live peacefully with the fact that I offend someone sometimes :).

I of course get your point. A generation of millenials, of whom a non-zero fraction have made it their M.O. to develop areas in which they can try to escape from being mundane by seeking out stuff that they can be offended about. This is real. These types are everywhere, both inside and outside minority groups, they have always been, now we just notice them more. In my opinion they cause more harm than good to the causes they have become existential parasites on.

On the other end of the spectrum is the very real repression of people based on gender, sexuality, skin color, etc., and good efforts to oppose such repression. Part of that is revising language. This is good. A lot of words should not be part of everyday vocabulary.

Language revision will attract puritans and snowflakes, and other people, who get their proverbial rocks of of inventing new ways of repress people through shaming, and by forstering repressive fear and guilt; in fact becoming the next thing we need to fix in order to stay free.

It sucks, but the alternative sucks more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.