pvp rule change plz

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by macncheesey, Nov 18, 2018.

1. macncheesey Journeyman

i was trying to help my buddy kill a certain enemy player who was attacking him..when suddenly..boom i level up now i can't attack him

can we plz change this annoying rule on the pvp servers..its pvp server not friendly kombat
  2. macncheesey Journeyman

dying and leveling down wastes too much time as well..
  3. Dreadmore Augur

Do you know why this rule exists?
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You get XP for killing players? How did you level up while in a PvP fight?
  5. Febb Augur

"Hey guys, something happened that prevented me from doing something I wanted to do so now I want the rules changed so I can do it."

[IMG]
    Nennius and Zamiam like this.
  6. code-zero Augur

Oh I recall my PvP days. I remember people leveling up a rogue high enough to get the epic and max the relevant skills then deleveling to 10 so they could gank people as soon as then hit level 6 and could be engaged. That was my first exposure to deliberate deleveling and part of what eventually caused me to lose interest in PvP outside of the occasional /duel or an arena event
  7. snailish Augur

Leveling up means doing something other than pvp aiding your friend --these are different priorities?

It would be quite the rare situation to have a level-dinging mob dotted up (or riposting or DSing, etc.) on you at the exact and only moment your friend needs help.

It's ironically funny really, if the story is taken exactly at face value. I say good kill to the other guy that saw your mixed level grouping and rightly determined that you couldn't stop them doing the bad PK thing they wanted to do. Red server life after all.

Shroud system allows full workaround of this rule no?
    code-zero likes this.
  8. macncheesey Journeyman

shroud system i had no idea about..but it looks like a serious cop out method of a workaround because you hafta play as a creature with abilities that if u've never used em before you will hafta learn again..when it'd be much better to be playing as your regular character that you've grown and know how to use..aka pvp situation isn't for learning..its about killing noobs and taking names

"Leveling up means doing something other than pvp aiding your friend --these are different priorities?"

an enemy player runs through a large number of enemies due to their high movespeed he can run through without getting agro...these enemies attack you because your slightly slower and can't run through them..and your forced to kill them in order to avoid taking extra damage

boom level up occurs and theres not anything u can do about it because if u hadn't killed those enemies your enemy player would have had a damage advantage over you...he's then free to target your buddy without any care in the world

"It would be quite the rare situation to have a level-dinging mob dotted up (or riposting or DSing, etc.) on you at the exact and only moment your friend needs help."

well this happened to me...i know it might be rare but that doesn't mean it should be overlooked

ive played in games where pvp in all levels is accepted (just think vanilla wow and other stuff)

having a level restriction just because people want to avoid getting ganked seriously seems like a noob protection system

some games have a method to block exp gains..this would also be another solution to the problem..aka block all exp gains either by option toggle or certain npc who blocks exp via permanent duration buff/debuff

just some method to prevent leveling up would be nice
  9. snailish Augur

Once you are level 51 (out of 110) you can turn AA XP on and not level up any time you want to.

Changing the bracketing rules of PVP, for such a rare situation as described in the OP, meanwhile puts more lowbies out there as easy-gank prey.

Zek is already low population, wouldn't such a change deter new blood and alts even more?
  10. Whulfgar Augur

No.