PVP Progression server please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tomcat, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Tomcat Journeyman

I like your argument yerm. I just feel like I would take whatever i could get other than Zek lol.

Have all of you petitioned in game and wherever else you can to ask or suggest a pvp server?
    Eangel likes this.
  2. Tomcat Journeyman

The person who started this thread is a PVE oriented player who wants the PVP alternative or risk.

Who said earlier that they were interested in trying to turn in books on a PVE TLP server? I'm almost level 50 and ready to turn to discord.
  3. LilKurse New Member

Sullon Zek TLP PVP server please
  4. Brunlin Augur

A Sullon Zek type pvp would be cool....Gold loot only...Yellow tells...double xp rate over Ragefire...someform of level limits in pvp...Rallos had 4...Tallon and Vallon had 8...Sullon had none...
  5. Tomcat Journeyman

I started a chat channel on Phinigel to talk about making a pvp guild or two. Get on phinigel?

type /autojoin pvp AND / OR /join pvp
  6. Pikallo Augur

As mid-high end arena player in WoW, I love pvp as a concept but sadly the gameplay and class balance of EQ really doesn't lend itself to quality or rewarding pvp. I certainly wouldn't mind if they had a PVP progression server and would be interested to see how it played out, but even as an avid pvp player in other games, I doubt I would personally get on board with an EQ pvp server.
  7. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

That was me. Not doing it on my main, for obvious reasons, but would definitely love to do it on an alt or three if others are too. Would be fun.

I'll join your channel for sure.
  8. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Level limits = bad in EQ PvP for the simple reason that it gets abused. Out of range healers and such.
  9. Constellation Augur

I love the idea of a PvP EQ progression server. I play WOW with a lot of my ex-ragefire guild, I don't think just another progression server would be enough to bring people back after Ragefire. Didn't EQ use to have like 4-5 PVP servers with thousands of players? I am surprised this hasn't been tried before.
  10. Brunlin Augur

Yes, 4 servers. At first it was Rallos zek pvp everyone....than came Tallon Zek and Vallon Zek, these were team based servers..and the teams were decided on by races. The four teams were Elves: Wood-elf,Half-Elf, and High-Elf ; Humans: Barbs,Erudites, and Humans; Shorties: Hal-flings, Gnomes, and dwarves; Darkies: Ogre, Trolls,Dark-elves and later Iksars were added. I dont remember how the new races got divided up after Iksar.

Than Sullon zek came later on..This was a team server but only 3 teams and not 4, and it was based on your alignment..Good...Evil....Neutral...which was based on your race and deity.
  11. Rauven Augur

So its been over a week since I suggested the following:

Did any of you get together and actually try it? If not, why not?

Personally I think its the best and easiest method of getting notice and justifying resources going to a TLP-PVP server. If the PVPers can't get this together, then there's not enough of them to bother with another PVP server. And/or they don't want the server badly enough to make it worth Daybreak's time and resources (such as if they did implement it, such players wouldn't give up characters they're currently playing to go level on a PVP server, in their eyes).

You've got to change Daybreak's perception. A random thread talking about rulesets that were didcarded as failures (let's be honest, if Tallon/Sullon Zek was a success they'd still be here) isn't going to spark any interest in creating a new TLP server.
  12. Tomcat Journeyman

I have only been trying to form guilds on phinigel. I am not really interested in an already established server like Zek.
  13. Tomcat Journeyman

In other words I would be bored on Zek. I am not really interested in mercenary play either.
  14. yerm Augur

He's not saying to actually play on zek, he's saying to log so many accounts in during prime time that it actually gets a queue.
  15. Tomcat Journeyman

Come on pvp players, get on phinigel and lets make ourselves 2 factions by turning in pod books.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  16. Syrup Augur

Just what they need, a fourth TLP to open before the other 3 are even at velious.

:rolleyes:
  17. Storytimebros Elder

Classic and Kunark 4lyfebro! No reason to play beyond that.
  18. Sennik Jevest Elder

So much YES. I have a ton of friends even a lot of my immediate family would definitely take part in this. I'm talking 20-30+ people that I could get on this alone. I would strongly advise stopping the server at PoP or sooner.
  19. Rauven Augur

This actually isn't a half bad idea.

I still think causing a queue on Zek would get the most attention. They have half the capacity of Phinigel, Ragefire, or Lockjaw. It would spark an alert on their metrics in the offices, get people complaining on the forums, and get some traffic on social media.

I just don't think there's that many people unfortunately. I wish there was. I'm not a fan of PVP in EQ myself admittedly (except for Guild Vs Guild type stuff that mitigates or erases class imbalances). But I think players should be able to have it if they want it.
  20. Rhiyannon Augur

just a FYI, Deathtoll, the eq2 PVP TLE server is an epic failure. the major reason is mechanics, they didn't separate the servers(just like here), severely unbalanced classes, broken/neglected gameplay, players using lame tatics... you do not want a repeat of that here.