Putting enchanters back into the daily cc: game

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Jordis, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Jordis Augur

It occurred to me while watching several groups cc with Vinelash and so on that mez is not needed very often, not because there aren't unruly mobs, because few of them are casting. No casters...easy to kite, root, or banish. There used to be quite a few more that could hit people with spells even if rooted some distance away. Why not put a few more into the game?
  2. silku Augur

There are still many mobs out there that can heal, nuke, debuff, even root/mez/charm if rooted away from the group. The problem is that the mobs use the same spells as players, and in order to keep players 'balanced', the spells have to be kept to a point where they also don't do a tremendous amount of damage to the players. I do know that player mercs have some issue with mobs that dot up the group, or nuke in AE style. If mobs could almost kill a player in a cast, then people would care if CC happened or stuns. As it is, I don't worry about a mob nuking/dotting me at all.
  3. Nylrem Augur

Sounds to me like you're wanting to spam spell rune (Xolok or whatever new one will be) between every pull, to me. Be careful what you wish for.

More dense mob population combined with medium repop rates is the way to increase mez CC requirements, IMO. I also believe these should only be used in the highest of the expansion's zones, as well. T1 should not require an enchanter in a group, to be successful.
  4. segap Augur

Add roamers and runners to that mix. Gaters can be fun as well. Anything with the potential to bring friends along.

I'd love to see a zone you had to break in to. Send in the runed enchanter first to get the entrance mobs locked down, then follow with the rest.
  5. Gerzer Lorekeeper

Can also just introduce an advanced version of a mechanic already in place... have random mobs spawn at different intervals like in Crystal Caverns or the old PoR zone...was that Svrag? Have the pops cast a mana drain aura 20000/tic 100' radius until the mob is mezzed (then aura goes away) Make them run speed/root immune. I like the 'break in' idea as well. Like an old school Fear raid....mmmmmmm Fear....
  6. fransisco Augur

While I think it would be great, how does it get around the fact that the zone would require 1 specific class.
    Its bad enough that due to pet nerfs and tank buffs, you now need 1 of 3 classes (war, pal, sk) to do so much content now that could have been done with a varied group make up (and without raid gear).

This would only magnify the problem.
  7. segap Augur

It would make things more difficult without an enchanter, but not impossible. People would have to go back to using tactics and looking at how other classes can mitigate with their abilities.