Purpose of No Destroy items?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by disgruntled, Jun 15, 2016.

1. disgruntled Augur

It's really going to be difficult to clean up after people in Anguish if we can't destroy all those masks.

Why would anyone NEED a 'no destroy' option on an item, anyway?
    Rivitt, Yinla and Thunderkiks like this.
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

I agree. I like to keep a clean camp.
    disgruntled likes this.
  3. Galuvian New Member

This started on Phinny with VP key pieces and probably other TLPs as well. People would get medallion pieces or Trak teeth and then destroy them and loot another and another. Then they could use tokens of reclamation to sell MQs. Making the pieces no destroy at least slows it down a bit. They seem to be applying the same logic indiscriminately for all -able key pieces going forward. It could probably use a little more finesse though.

Why can't you guys use /hidecorpse ?
    Stune likes this.
  4. Stune Augur

What galuvian said is very true, trak teeth and other items got destroyed by accident and nobody could get a gm to give it back.

I also have hotkeys made up, dragcorpse/drop corpse, and most of all /hidecorpse. TLP servers full of garbage no drop items now on older zones. Totally a pileup of corpses.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

/hidecorpse all, allbutgroup, always is super great but not very rez/drag friendly.

They should add allbutplayer and allbutraid
    IblisTheMage and Lonye like this.
  6. disgruntled Augur

Or when someone missed an item or comes for a rot.

Nobody was abusing Anguish masks. Come on, guys!
    Millianna likes this.
  7. Tevik Augur

/hidecorpse npc should do the trick.
    IblisTheMage and Dibab like this.
  8. Dibab Augur

or /hidecorpse looted
    Tatanka likes this.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Hidecorpses looted breaks two things.. First is namer corpses you want to keep up among the 25 trashies you leave for the necro to play with.. and second.. If there are 2 lore items on a corpse you have clicked loot all on, looting either lore item drops the loot window and poofs the corpse with the 2nd lore item still on corpse.

A button with the [Done} button [Hide this corpse] [exempt this corpse from /hide] in loot window would rule.
    Faerie and disgruntled like this.
  10. Hiladdar Augur

This is another perfect example where something that worked without any problems on the live servers, yet due to a mechanic was exploited on the TLP servers, introduced changes items which broke them on the live server.

In my opinion it would of been better to simply not include any way to get tokens of reclamation on the TLP servers.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Sadly, they won't make that work with /advloot. They have some similar commands, but none with identical functionality.
  12. Vdidar Augur

It really is telling about DBG and the devs involved that they didn't have the foresight to tell how many problems TLP would cause live by leaving them tethered together......
    Hiladdar, disgruntled, Rivitt and 2 others like this.
  13. Faerie Journeyman

Once again, we're being victimized by TLP server needs. We're paying customers too. Why can't you separate them?
    Hiladdar likes this.
  14. Iila Augur

Everquest had a great year last year, with the release of The Broken Mirror expansion! And we're hoping it has another year just as good in 2016!

And now for the 15 paragraphs of TLP related news....
  15. Hellboy007 Augur

TLP is killing EQ for me.. Thanks.
  16. Rhodz Augur

If EQ had a great year in 2016 then Pyrrhus had a great victory over the Romans...
    Such success is hard to love.
    Iila likes this.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Keeping 2 almost-but-not-quite the same item databases would be insane; and I say that as someone who works in software development; and regularly visits 2 friends in mental hospitals.
  18. Lonye Augur

Yeah that's why I switched (ish) to TLP, and now I'm out of my Live guild, wondering why I even went to TLP in the first place, now I remember, it's where most of the dev attention goes :(
    #MakeLiveEQGreatAgain
  19. Nilwean Elder

We have the "fv no drop" flag, why not a " tlp no destroy" flag.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Kharazdak Journeyman

How can we get rid of no destroy - no drop items? I've picked up 2 by mistake. Have I just doomed 2 bank slots perpetually taken up by this junk forever?