Pure Dmg or Dmg/Proc Weapon Augs

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Regazozo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Regazozo Journeyman

Going through a few of the top Beastlord Magelo's I have found several are running pure damage weapon augs. With Boon of the Seeress adding 500 damage to every proc I have a hard time believing that 2-4 more weapon damage could make up for that.

Has anyone done any testing?
  2. Brohg Augur

The proc augs are forsure better, but they're harder to source. That they're better doesn't have so much to do with Boon of the Seeress, though, as it does with bst/rng/brd having the advantages of 1) "caster" crit AAs, and 2) force-proc discs (Bloodlust, Imbued Fero, FlurryofNotes)
  3. Kaliko Augur

The top beasts I have seen end up sticking to pure damage as it's more overall damage and not exactly a huge loss on a fast burn ever since the manburn nerfs.
  4. Romance Augur

5. Stubar Augur

An audio trigger for resists of "your blah blah blah was resisted" could give you a rough idea how much they get resisted on a raid; however, the ideal way to get down to the nitty gritty is get yourself a nice big cup of coffee, some spare time and start going over your parser with a fine tooth comb.
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I tested it 1+ years ago for bards, it was ~250 DPS difference in favor of the proc augs (8 dmg + ~500dd vs 11 dmg aug). I recommend parsing it on your BST. I was surprised how small the difference is between 3 dmg (on an aug), even when burning.
  7. Skalde Elder

For a bard proc augs are better purely because our burn has no hit damage increase like Bestial Alignment.
  8. svann Augur

I think it varies greatly depending on your other gear. Parse for yourself is the only way to know for sure.
    Stubar likes this.
  9. fransisco Augur

If they are not significantly different, procs always have the fun factor
  10. kizant Augur

You can safely ignore anyone on magelo that doesn't have a belt with Boon of the Seeress. Even if it doesn't make a huge difference.
    fransisco likes this.
  11. Derka Power Ranger

Bestial Alignment is the key and any damage modifier ADPS. You hit way more often then you proc. It might be good for a quick force proc burn but that's probably the extent of it. I tested it with bow running sirens demise/venomous tear vs grim memento/insigni saevus. The extra damage on Augs under burn added 1k+ per arrow shot vs the occasional proc for 6k. Auto attack parsing will not do it justice to check
  12. Brohg Augur

on your ranger bow? with 160% mastery, 190% disc, 40% modifier from Anticipated? the doubling from not-moving? yeah, with all that added the math is somewhat different :rolleyes:
  13. Derka Power Ranger

Yeah haha that's what I'm saying. Throw in flurries, sham epic or a bard. Situations get a little more complex than just hitting a dummy and calling it a wrap.
  14. Brohg Augur

You've brought up a whole separate paradigm, though. What augs a ranger should put in their bow is not this conversation. Everyone, always, when engaged with THAT conversation, says +12 & +11. Because of the things that effect bow damage for rangers. This is a whole different conversation, about meleeing as a beastlord. It's like bringing up screws vs nails in a conversation about welding. Sure, the screw vs nail situation is complex, but it's just not germane.
    fransisco likes this.
  15. Derka Power Ranger

I'll take your word for it since you're pretty wise and I've learned things from your posts in the past. My concern was mostly under burn or adps situations, not auto attack. If things that increase your damage like growl, SR, BA, GBA, fero and dicho are being factored in with the 7 weapon damage loss from using the proc augs.
  16. Stubar Augur

It's still be weary of any proc damage unless the procs have changed so that they aren't resisted. I tested it extensively years ago and my findings were: In the GH on a dummy, the proc damage won most of the time; however, it's was minimal (I was fully buffed with all the raid burn goodies for both tests).

Saying that, while raiding you can expect a fairly significant number resists.I can't begin to tell you how many parses I did to make sure that I wasn't cheating myself out of any dps.

Now that I've made a short story long, the meat and potatoes of it is that raw damage doesn't get resisted while procs do.
  17. Romance Augur

You attempt to punch a large rat but you MISS.
    Stubar and Brohg like this.
  18. Stubar Augur

We need a larger rat tbh...you'd think that the entire EQ melee type community is made up of Storm-troopers.
  19. Waldagar Augur

There are raid mobs that resist every spell. There are also raid mobs that have you perma-slowed the entire event. (Thought question: What is your proc rate when you are slowed?) You basically have to have an assortment of weapons and adapt to the situation.

In my personal experience in EOK, outside of a few raid mobs, the resist rate is normal. EoK raid weapons have 8K procs on them that crit for 38K+. When I activate Bloodlust I swap to the weapons with the most damaging procs. Once Bloodlust finishes I swap out weapons again.
  20. svann Augur

afaik only 1 weapon in game has an 8k proc