Punitive Measures

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gragas, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Gragas Augur

Smokezz likes this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Guard Captain N`Mar does it too... and yup, it's a bit on the stupid side. If you're lucky, and resist it you can burn him down. If it's a normal day, you're sitting there with them chain casting it on you.
    Gragas likes this.
  3. Riou EQResource

The parser is actually wrong about the damage atm, the spell DS thing is only like 9k, it's displayed so high since the calcs are unknown atm, we are trying to figure some out to make it more accurate though :p. They are wonky because it is an unknown catcher (that Raidloot uses too, but lucy looks to be using the base always so their parser might actually be more accurate in this case).

That said, that debuff is stupid on that mob, it always seems to refresh before fade so you are basically boned to do nothing besides range DPS (which sucks for like everyone not a ranger :p).
  4. Axxius Augur

Protection of Bayle in the DH mission #2 (The Legacy of Bayle) is stupid too. Sergeant Larenzo recasts it faster than it expires. So if your group doesn't have melee DPS, get ready for a LONG fight.
  5. Tobynn Augur

This Punitive Measures debuff is just stoooopid.

Spell has a duration of 30 seconds, and Evoker K'lexor chain casts it on the entire hatelist every 15 seconds, meaning everyone is stuck with it for the duration of the fight. Meaning, everyone intending to do any damage is out of the fight. With the -320 resist check to corruption, in practice its just not resistible. Swapping out most augs, I can get my warrior up over 600 corruption resist -- and that lasted all of about 12% of the mobs life before the debuff landed on the warrior anyway. Then, the fight turned into healers chain healing with crossed fingers hoping the warrior or anyone else for that matter managed to resist Punitive Measures on the 15 second recast spam so we could resume doing any sort of damage. It never happened. Everyone remained locked down with Punitive Measures until the bitter end.

Then, apparently the mob just got sick of toying with us, so it began casting Confounding Flash and Confound until it mezzed everyone left standing. Then, it began rebuffing itself and laughed. As mezzes wore off one by one, the mob casually destroyed everyone who had the gall to breathe.

Oh, and the mob is also chain casting Umbral Rune on itself throughout this clusterforge. In the time it took us to whittle 15% off its life, it probably cast Umbral Rune 40 times. Even when the mob is non-agro, un-engaged, just standing there waiting for a visitor, it never stops chain casting Umbral Rune on itself. The spell casting spam just scrolls and scrolls and scrolls Umbral Rune, Umbral Rune, Umbral Rune.

I would love to hear what kind of group is the intended audience for the mobs with this effect. Two void tanks to hold fragile proximity agro while four rangers bullseye the thing before everyone ends up dead, or mezzed, or mezzed and then dead?
  6. silku Augur

Chanter bretheren unite!

Question, can punitive measures or any of those be reflected? Is there a way to transfer this to the mob to make him take damage when he hits you? We did N'Marr and it wasn't fun but it wasn't undoable either. We did end up using 3 cleric mercs on our paladin tank.

A side note: no one in my group got hit with punitive judgement the entire time. The paladin tanked just fine but we had audio triggers up and were watching carefully (not boxing). Our first attempt we had wizard + chanter + paladin + wiz merc + wiz merc + cleric. The wiz mercs died in a few moments. We then popped all 3 cleric mercs, and it was a long fight but we had no problem doing it.
  7. silku Augur

Did anyone try dispelling the rune? (I don't know if this would work, but it would be my first thought had I observed him chaining umbral.)
  8. Filatal Augur

Punitive Measures wasn't the big problem for me, I would just recast my runes and was able to get him down to about 20% with basically just my enchanter doing damage. The problem was http://spells.eqresource.com/rawspells.php?id=41075

I know the values probably aren't 100% accurate, but if I wasn't really quick casting Recant to strip this buff, both merc tank and pets would get rounded. I had my mage just chain casting pets at him, ranger plinking his bow, enchanter burning with 2 merc healers and a merc tank.

I figure going back with a real group will make him not that much of a problem.
  9. Riou EQResource

Yea, the base values are most likely the case at level 100 (they are using a new calc due to scaling down to 85 and such, unless a friendly Dev lets us know or we can do testing at various levels to nail it down exactly, best we can do is get it accurate at 100 :p, we haven't forgot about this just need some time to test and make parser more accurate)
  10. Symbius Augur

This whole debuff seems way excessive.

Any mob that completely eliminates certain classes from doing much of anything is absurd.

And seriously, 120k DD on a group mob?
  11. Falos Augur

This mob probably is pretty overtuned, he's one of the few named mobs that took more than one attempt to kill, though we went in blind the first time we fought him, he still is kind of ridiculous for reasons listed above.

Our setup was mage/mage/bard/ranger (boxed), enchanter, 1 cleric merc. Contrary to what many people might assume pet tanking him is a recipe for disaster as damage shield effects devasate pet tanks more than any form of damage in the game so it was rather chaotic.

The fight required silent cast and well timed nukes, as well as frequent controlm the first attempt we did it we treated it like any other named fight and he just melted through my mage pets like it was nothing, so we had to regroup and read up on what spells he was casting and such and be more aware of when the pets were hit by the debuff.

This is probably the hardest named mob in CoTF but i'd rank him as 4th hardest named in the group game overall:

undefeated blade > huge mistake > a successful mistwielder (especially pre-nerf) > Evoker K'lexor.

Given the fact that this mob can take 10-20 instances to spawn (if you have bad luck) and the fact that it's locked away inside an instance he probably could be retuned down slightly to make him more accessible to groupers. Maybe lower the resist check to -150 corruption and/or cut the duration of the debuff in half. Also above all else, remove the mobs ability to mez, what's the point in having a tank if this mob just ignores that entire concept
  12. Xirtket Augur

Yea, this felt a bit excessive when I encountered it on the namer I had, not to mention wild ramp, so, it sucked.
  13. CaptAmazing Augur

We'll have to complain a few months. Finally get a response that nothing is wrong. Complain and email some more and when the content is no,longer relevant they'll fix it.
  14. telechir Elder

Fulkitcher Weave?
  15. Citraka New Member

Same, he's one of the few named ive even had spawn, (the rates seem low, or the RNG is a )
    Our usual group bst with boxed bard and my wife playing mage, 2 healer mercs and a wizzy merc,
    Spent the fight for what it was worth unable to cast and healers looking like they werent healing the speed the pets went down , would have tried again but thad the 'this zone will repop BS message and lost the name dand all the other mobs , just the three of us and mercs in the whole zone so couldnt even finish the quest.

Was more than a little boggled at the duration of the debuff ! who exactly is supposed to survive this mob.

I see someone mentioned mez on mobs, ive posted before about losing namers due to their death while players were mezzed or feared and Sony know its happens, basically they dont care and the response is 'sorry we suggest you try again' sure lets all just pop another namer! Mez and fear should not be used on ANY named or mission mob period untill they sort out this bug.
  16. Durew Journeyman

This buff is extremely overpowered, making the Hunter task almost impossible unless you have the absolute best group makeup possile AND actually get this named to pop, since the task locks the same time the PH/named pops... ridiculous. Please change this mob/buff
  17. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

An Enchanter would trivialize this encounter.

While I agree that the vast majority of group content should be tank-and-spank, it's nice if there's a little variety.

I also appreciate hard content, and prefer it to boring, easy stuff.

That said, when a mob is in a locked instance, you can't overpower it with extra players/mercs outside the group as you can with the Undefeated Blade and Huge Mistake. This is why we need a difficulty slider for instanced content so that players like me can encounter difficult mobs like this, and other players can choose to avoid them. Remember "Hard LDoN?"

It has to be disheartening to have an instance collapse because you accidentally finished the mission before defeating the named. While this shouldn't be allowed to happen, I believe we have bigger fish to fry, such as getting the chat system fully operational.
  18. Falos Augur

On the bright side, the reward for 1b hunter is junk :p
  19. Edrick Augur

Junk to hold your junk.
  20. Songsa Augur

Not that i disagree with you but it was a bit problematic for melees to do breeding grounds mission Zalikor's Lair when dragon was flying and i didnt see lots of casters support back in the days.