Puller EXP rates

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TheTone, Mar 18, 2020.

1. TheTone Elder

While playing my (2) characters, I've noticed they get different EXP amounts based on who engages first.

They're both L110 - set to 100% AA exp - not in fellowship - no exp potions running - same group.

I'm fighting in Frontier Mtns - EoK era.

First to engage gets roughly 1.75x the exp that the rest of the group members get.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

This is a well known fact (feature?) for many years, since the automatic "nerf current content XP when new expansion launches to strongly encourage players to play the new content" was implemented.
  3. Riou EQResource

The bug is that the Puller bypasses the EXP reduction, always has since day 1 of the system
  4. yodo Augur

The puller also loses exp because they're out of range a lot of the time when stuff dies, it all evens out.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. TheTone Elder

Well - I'll be damned...anyone know how many expansions back these effects happen on?
  6. Riou EQResource

Believe it's based on your level vs the content (zone's level potentially) and potentially automated in some way
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Would you mind to expand on this? What exp reduction? Meaning the nerf that comes to outdated expansions? And when you say "the puller" do you mean the role designation in group window, or the player who first aggros the mob?
  8. Riou EQResource

Back in ~TDS they put an EXP reduction on RoF mobs that increased as you leveled compared to the mobs, this system has been kept up with (or something in its place that works the same), potentially automated in some way based on your level vs the zones level or expansion

The puller is the first person to aggro the mob

If you want to know if it is in place in any zone, just look at the pullers exp vs rest of group, the puller should be earning roughly 1.5x more exp then the rest at its full strength of reduction (once you account for no extra bonuses like sub 4k AA, fellowship, exp pots/lesson, etc)
    Sancus and Xyroff-cazic. like this.