Psionicist class?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galliana, May 17, 2020.

1. seber Augur

was coo class in DD was one only class used mana
  2. Koryu Professional Roadkill

So, a shadow knight then?
  3. Cuuthbert Augur

Shadow Knights can cast on the run? News to me
  4. mikey anchorage Journeyman

They cant even patch a 20 year old game without breaking it for a week, and you expect a whole new class?? lmaooooo
  5. Salinae Old Cranky member

Prety sure that was plagiarized from Mark Twain.
  6. Gremag Journeyman

I am very against a Psionics based class. For a very good and logical reason.

I started playing D&D when I was very young. Later, when I read about Psionics in D&D I was still too young and couldn't figure it out.

Therefore, the thought of Psionics triggers my childhood memories of uncertainty and fear.

Therefore, EQ shouldn't have Psionics,

<Hank Hill voice> "I'll tell you huuuuwhat Bobby, I kind of like this SJW stuff"
  7. seber Augur

Psionics, be coo class maybe a lot spell like neco mana tap or some thing
  8. strongbus Augur

if they going make a new class they need to take wiz and or mages and merge them with a melee class.

cleric/druid/sham/necro/ench have all been merged with melee class of some sort to make a hybrid class.(i consider bards to be a hybrid of a war/ench). so do the same with mages and wizs.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Channeler

The Channeler is a leather armor-wearing, bow-wielding priest. Channelers use a pet called a Construct to absorb damage for a single group member, or to a lesser extent, their entire group. The Channeler can collect essences from different type of animals to customize the Construct's appearance and skills. The Construct cannot be directly targeted by enemies, and can only be healed via unique Channeler abilities called Conduits. Conduit spells use no power but instead increase the channeler's dissonance. Dissonance dissipates naturally over time making it possible for the channeler to continue casting Conduit spells.

It's like a mage + Cleric.. and pretty wicked fun (at least at the group and solo level, not experience using one with end-game raids)