PSA to all returning players during the anniversary events!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Notinterested, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That a lot of traders.
    Andarriel likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And it could mean they bought it because they think they can get 15 kronos for it.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Notinterested Augur

Yup, everyone (not just returning players) needs to understand that Krono loses its cash value the second you buy it. Its value in game is in PP not $$. You cant turn it back into $17.99 no matter what you do so people need to stop arguing that a krono is worth $17.99.
  4. Notinterested Augur

I could uno reverse card this right back at you.

If you see a forum post you dont like.... You know the rest.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

Exactly!!!!

I have buyer buying kronos for 2million plat. Don't need you to send me any tells thats too low.
    Don't sell it. I get kronos for 2 million plat, I'll happily keep my buyer up.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I actually have 6 so i can sell alot of stuff wish they raise the amount of stuff we could sell on each trader 144 isnt enough but im sure they do on purpose so people like me make more accounts. To break even on FV i gotta make around 10m pp per month per account.
  7. Zarkdon Augur

General chat is like a B movie. It's only enjoyable when you aren't sober.
    Koshk, Rijacki and Iven like this.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

~99% of men and women including EQ players have very limited knowledge about economy and trading and how prices develop. They do not appreciate offers that seem to be expensive because in their selfishness and narcissism they do not recognize that every offer is a chance and that it is better to have expensive offers than no offers at all. Obviously we never see people complaining about cheap prices.
  9. Serdar New Member

Idk if this post is directed at a player like me, but I'm definitely that guy in general chat telling people not to get ripped off.

I wouldn't say the economy is bad on FV, but it's not good either. In a nut shell, FV is top heavy AF. So when I see people hoarding collectibles and then trying to sell them for 1-2 million a piece I'm going to chime in.

More accesibile loot for new or returning players benefits everyone. Of course, I get that in a free market it's people's right to ask whatever price they want. However, it's also everyone else's right not to buy it, and tell others not to buy it.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

The intention of your ingame price comments is to regulate the market because you are a communist and against free markets. If you would prefer a free market you would just be silent and respect whatever prices there are.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Serdar New Member

Lol, turning my few comments in general chat into a form of "regulation" is quite the logic leap. It's weird how you automatically jumped to that conclusion. Do you have some bias on your mind you want to let out?

I don't think you are a capitalist shill because of what you wrote. But one might call it fair for me to return the favor. In any case, trying to regulate the market would involve much more than chiming into general chat.

Ultimately if I wanted to LOLz own da capitalists, my first move wouldn't be a PR campaign in general chat. I would just start petitioning GMs to put fixed bazaar prices on certain items. If I took the time, I could get them believing that communism is the way.
    Genoane and Rijacki like this.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

So you are telling me that you do not want price regulations ? What then is your intention by telling other players to not buying things from a certain seller ? By doing so you might do some players a favour and hoping to receive a favour back from them, so maybe this is your intention, but you are also hurting the sellers if you are scaring away buyers.
  13. Notinterested Augur

In what delusional world do you think thats even a remote possibility?
    Kaenneth and Nennius like this.
  14. Serdar New Member

Informing consumers of options isn't regulating prices. That's called free market forces at work. Even just speculating about costs, or future costs is another market force at work.

What do my intentions matter? And why should I care if I hurt my competition? I just don't understand where your argument is coming from. Do I seem that much like a bleeding heart? LOL. I mean, sure, I want to help new and returning players. But I also want their platinum to go to me, and not the other guy.

Getting people to buy, sometimes means driving prices down. Sometimes it means hurting other sellers. Do you think market share falls out of the sky?

The same world where I'm a communist.
    Genoane and Rijacki like this.
  15. Notinterested Augur

Fair enough.

I wouldnt feed the troll though. You are wasting your time.
  16. Iven the Lunatic

No excuses please, you have been caught and find guilty in manipulating the market prices which is going into the direction of a regulation. The prices on a free market are based on offers and demand and not on manipulations. Two months Qeynos sewers fer you. *bam*
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

No, if you undercut him that would be free market forces.
    B.tching about his price is just being a b.tch.
    Kaenneth and Serdar like this.
  18. Serdar New Member

Lol you're funny.

Seriously, though there is market manipulation already taking place. You could think of me kind of like a short seller. I'm betting the value of a lot of market prices isn't what people say they are, and those prices will drop in the future.

I'm not even a stock market guy. It's just obvious so many sellers (probably like you) are shooting themselves in the foot. Then when someone comes around and tries to fix your foot, you get mad and blame me for what you did.
  19. Iven the Lunatic

Today in the Qeynos sewers...

[IMG]
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

I thought that was you! And no, I don't want any candy bars.