PSA to all returning players during the anniversary events!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Notinterested, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Notinterested Augur

If you see something being sold in gen chat and you dont like the price. Dont buy it... Thats all you need to do.

I dont know why so many returning player think the first thing they need to do is start chiming in on gen chat telling everyone what they think things should cost.

4 different gen chats constantly arguing over prices is getting pretty old.
    Thunderkiks, Szilent, Nennius and 4 others like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, since I'm not returning, and have been subbed continuously the last three years, it's OK for me to complain and chime in on General chat?

;)
    Fenthen, klanderso, Koshk and 7 others like this.
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Yes, since you have recent data to back up your opinion.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Best practice: Keep general chat on a tab that's hidden. Just go to it when you have a question. Then, once you have your answer, thank everyone, and hide the tab again :)
    Rolaque, Koshk, code-zero and 5 others like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

are you replying to your own post? How odd when did this start being an option?
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

And if we say no; What will happen?

Complaining is part of the game. And at this point I would like to complain about having nothing important to complain about. Help me out. I need something to be upset about. it's a nice day here and my kids are actually being nice to each other. I'm losing my mind.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quatr, Stymie, Rijacki and 2 others like this.
  8. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Nah. I like bartering. A single general tell about an item's price can result in a price reduction for a future purchase. :D All you have to do is complain about the price on one character and use your other character to send them a tell with an offer.

"Your price seems a little high. I noticed someone in chat saying that it should be this price. Can we meet in the middle?"

EQ is a social game. I will be using my keyboard to get an advantage whenever and wherever it is possible. :D I really hope the new TLP is good because I'm ready for some tunnel action again.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea people need to learn its a free market.
    Quatr and Nennius like this.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

My favorite is setting up one character selling an item and another character buying the item at much higher price. Easy trap for suckers.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

or do what i do and put the same item on multiple traders and there bound to buy from one of them. Oh look theres 7 traders selling one item to bad 5 of those traders are mine works good.
  12. Brickhaus Augur

Thanks for letting us know how sketchy some of you folks are.
  13. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

What is needed is an autojoined server auction channel, and selling in 'General' catching a suspension from general for a few days after a warning.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Or, as I do, turn it off on any new character/account in any game 'cause it always turns into a discourse I am completely uninterested in.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

You are welcome.
    Andarriel and CatsPaws like this.
  16. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

If you see someone complaining in gen chat and you dont agree. Dont read it... Thats all you need to do.

I dont know why so many current player think the first thing they need to do is start chiming in on gen chat telling everyone what to say and what they should think.

4 different threads constantly arguing over who gets to talk to getting pretty old.
    Genoane likes this.
  17. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

I actually pictured you drooling while typing that.
  18. Ravanta Suffer Augur

It's great when I see this happening and I send them a fell. "Soandso just offered to buy what you're selling for outlandish price" and "soandso has one for sale" and I get a tell saying, "Cool, I'll wait for them to ask me".
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Returning players should understand that if someone sells (or buys) something for 10 krono that doesnt mean its selling for $180. People sometimes are willing to pay 10 krono for something when they have 200 krono saved from selling other stuff. To them a krono is worth much less than what DPG sells them for.
    Andarriel, code-zero and Quatr like this.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I'm a happier player with General chat hidden. Good advice here.:)