PSA on Velks camps

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TarewMarrForever, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarewMarrForever Augur

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that apparently there is a new Velk's camp called:

FRENT

In this camp you steal mobs from both the FR and ENT camps, managing to piss off 12 people, while eeking out meager AA XP for your 3-box all 60+ in a completely level-inappropriate area.

Bonus points if you simply ignore all /tell and /ooc, until finally sending a 3 page manifest as to how there "are no camps in EQ" and everybody better just deal with it.

Oh, and super double bonus points if you are so bad at life that you can't manage to handle those mobs almost 20 levels below you, with zero roamers, and have to train to zone. Three times. In 20 minutes.

Finally, when you do this, don't be surprised if somebody does a Cancel Magic on your pet when you have 5% health. That is a thing. If that happens feel free to report them. You may be in the legal right, but you're still an who does NOT have the moral authority here. Not by a longshot.

/sarcasm

OK, time to get serious for a bit.

I get that there are no camps in EQ. But we also live in a society. There's no rule that says I can't crop dust your table in a fine restaurant, planting micro-feces all over your entree, but I don't do it, because we live in a society.

Just because you *can* do something, doesn't mean you *should* do something.

Entrance and Frenzy are *established* camps, and two full groups of six can EASILY manage all spiders / statues on the floor and catwalks assuming they have a good tank and a good puller, and both our groups did. Our groups were doing so for *three* hours before this individual came along. Both groups went from non-stop killing to both having wait states for mobs to spawn.

Again, think before you act. Just because you have the right to do something, doesn't mean you should do something.

There are LOTS of places for XP. Go find one that isn't in use. Try this on for size: When Velk's is camped, hit Greig's. If Greig's is camped, hit Acrylia. We've been doing that for weeks, and there is ALWAYS an open camp in at least one of them. Always. Just put in a modicum of effort. Your server-mates will appreciate it.

Just for kicks, when we checked out Acrylia Caverns. It was a GHOST town. Literally not a single person there other than us. Sure, *overall* the XP isn't quite up to Velks standard, but it's not bad, and for this 3-box, would have been better than the mobs he would have been able to carve out between the two legit camps. With access to the entire AC zone, he would have had significantly better XP and an order of magnitude more loot (because Velks front loot is simply awful).

Plus, it would have been a whole lot safer, as the only Cancel Magic* in zone is your own...

:)

* For the record, I did NOT do that, because that is not legal. Somehow, amazingly, people who KS and takeover camps are totally fine, but if you train or Cancel Magic on their pets, you are the one who gets punished. Go figure. However, despite not doing it, I can freely say that I did LMAO.
  2. Warlorf Augur

Its the new gamer generation. You mention PnP and they are like "huh?" Its like the millenials, self entitled, offer next to nothing to society but expect everything on a silver platter in return. Sorry for you bad experience.
  3. Galleyan Augur

Nice to see the new /pick changes are causing the desired effect. Where's Mabbu with some wild wild west action? :D
  4. TarewMarrForever Augur

On a completely and utterly unrelated note, I know it's illegal to Cancel Magic somebody's pet, but is it illegal to pay somebody to do it?

I mean, think about it, hiring somebody to murder somebody is illegal in the real world.

What about in EQ?

:)
  5. Astley Augur

So you come in here to complain about Play-Nice-Policy type rules, like establishing camps... Then advocate dispelling charm pets to kill the person you're in conflict with and imply they deserve it and didn't have a moral authority...

Your 'CAMP' is what you can keep dead between respawns.

If there's a guy trying to squat between your camp and another... then pull the mobs before he gets the chance to. If he can't get them before you, he'll leave.
  6. Doomroka Journeyman

Im guessing i know who you are referring to, as it sounds identical to an experience i had a while back when i took a group to 2nd floor CM, and they gave the same argument when they realized they had no claim to area. if there was a chanter with a name related to the mezz spell, that person needs to be taken care of because this is absolutely ridiculous. there is no recourse, cant name and shame for the community, cant get any GM attention, cant retaliate with game mechanics.... was absolutely ridiculous dealing with this.

in my case we had put together a full group to take 2nd floor. i called out twice asking if it was camped, no response and all mobs up... great, so i pulled together a group, we clear up to 2nd floor, clear 3/4 of the floor, and a chanter comes over telling us we are stealing his camp because hes been over on the top of arena and the "previous group" had passed it over to him and thats why no mobs were down. harrassed us for 20 minutes about how it was unbelievable rude of us to take the camp he had been looking at while afk. Then he charmed the highest level golem he could find and hasted it to try to steal exp from us while having his bard run trains at us (which ended up just being free pulls but the intent was there). harrassed us for like 2 hours like that.

we need active guides that can deal with PnP. in a game like this it needs to be enforced. the only reason its been working out enough to stay playable is that in general we have higher caliber players than most other gaming communities, but that doesnt mean you can just ignore it when bad apples ruin it.
  7. Brumans Augur

If only there were picks to move to. They should implement a system like that sometime.
    skattabrainz and Laynie like this.
  8. Illusory Augur

Posting your frustrations on this forum isn't going to change anything and you'll likely be met with opposition anyway. Secondly, I'm sure you know that DBG doesn't acknowledge camps and according to their rules, the 3-boxer wasn't doing anything wrong.

As Astley said, you have to just pull and kill faster than the 3-boxer. If it isn't worth their wild they'll eventually either start harassing (which you can now report them for) or they'll take their leave. Lastly, unless the 3-boxer is insanely skilled/efficient, there's no reason 2 full groups between 40-50 can't out pull and damage the boxed crew. Before PoP, I was able to completely clear UDs (and into the Gargoyle area) with my 60 Enchanter & 56 Druid box in about 15-20 minutes. If this guy was down by spiders with 3, he's probably not a very good at managing 3 characters at once and my previous 2 full groups > 1 bad boxer should hold true.
  9. Kaponen Lorekeeper

Sounds like the OP is just really bad at pulling, or had a bad puller in the group. The person you complain about was corrrect, there are no 'camps' as the GMs have said over the years time and time again. The major flaw in your "we live in a society" argument is you assume that everyone in that society respects your supposed right to a "camp" or cares at all about your gaming experience, which they clearly don't.
  10. Illusory Augur

Exactly!
  11. AgentofChange Augur

Sounds like the pick changes have been wildly successful
  12. Baldur Augur

You should be mad at daybreak here and not at other players. The pick changes are the problem, all zones are more crowded than they were before the pick changes.
  13. Dysfunction New Member

The forum morons out in full force. Yes, you are right to be annoyed and frustrated. DBC doesn't 'recognize' camps because its arbitrary and unenforceable at scale.

Pretending like camps aren't a thing to justify the actions of a selfish fool violate what every EQ player knows to be true throughout the concourse of EQ history. Camps are a thing, only selfish/inconsiderate folks are going to do what this guy did. It's unfortunate that they exist and thrive with impunity. Don't listen to the dullards commenting that his actions were fine.
    Chatoyan, skattabrainz and Taladir like this.
  14. Potawatomi Augur

Only a few posts before we started to complain about millennials?

Impressive.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

It provides entertainment.
  16. Gnog Elder

I think you have this all backwards. You say it is selfish for someone to disregard another group's established camp. But what is more selfish than sitting in the same place, monopolizing the same content for hours on end. Call me crazy, but whenever someone tells me they've been camping an area or a mob for X hours or whatever, I always think it's about time they stop being so selfish and move along.

Also, the three-box didn't take these camps with impunity. He got trained and had his charm pet dispelled. Sounds like he suffered the consequences of breaking social norms.

If you want to kill something, you should probably pull and kill it before someone else does.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

There are two types of people in EQ. Your kind and the rest of us who try to get along and respect camps. Fortunately the latter outnumbers the former and incidents like this, while not rare, are also not the norm.
  18. Peechka Journeyman

Maybe some PvP is in order. :)
  19. Illusory Augur

We said the boxer's actions are within the rules and they are; there is no argument there. What you're implying is that we are siding with the rules and that's not true. Most responses have remained neutral, offering sound advice.
  20. Potawatomi Augur

Hope you never camp rare items with that attitude.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.