ProSiebenSat.1 is the Exclusive Partner of Sony Online Entertainment in Europe

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Shogan Journeyman

In a similiar question, is there an official ruling about EQNext ?
    will it be avail for us our old accounts, or will we need to sign up with pss1 (which will never happen, no matter what they do for me) ? and if so, SoE should really reconsider, if they want to start up on this road again
  2. Seffrid New Member

The official ruling currently is that both Landmark and EQN will only be available to European players through ProSiebenSat.1.

However, Massively report that in the Q&A at one of the panels, Dave Georgeson " "got the message" about ProSiebenSat.1 concerns; the team will discuss the situation with the partners and will announce a decision when there is one".

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/05/soe-live-2013-everquest-nexts-mechanics-and-more/

Meanwhile the more people who lobby SOE in general and John Smedley in particular over this the better.
  3. Wizadress Senlainae Elder

Please do!

Right now if anyone from Europe etc who wants to get into the EQNext beta is forced to do it through the PSS1 site. Which, so far, all I know of refuse to do so especially since they were told they could stick with SoE with no worries.
    Diptera likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Infernum Productions AG
    they part of Prosiebensat or someone different ?
  5. Seffrid New Member

ProSiebenSat.1 is the German TV/Alaplaya games company, presumably what you know as Prosiebensat?
  6. Saroc_Luclin Augur

I was at the P7 panel again this year, and it was much like last year; they were spinning as fast as they could to try and make it seem good. (They even bribed us with free beer, sausages and pretzels; the beer a guildmate of mine raided after the talk/before the dinner. He discovered his cargo shorts could hold a six pack of beer bottles with ease, other than a belt malfunction. :) )

They HAVE gotten the message that splitting communities is bad; so Euro's will NOT have separate servers inaccessable from North American's/SOE servers; we'll continue to have the same in-game space (some servers may be set up in Europe but they will remain in SOE's complete control).

From the reaction and troubles they had with taking/splitting accounts back with DCUO, they've decided to wash their hands of it; you can request to have an existing account transferred to P7, but if they take over a game, existing accounts will remain SOE. (Much like the transition for EQ2 went recently).

They are considering an All Access method, but for now feel the numbers don't warrant it; they don't have control of enough games for them to feel an All Access pass would be worth it. (And they don't want to open the can of worms that offering a joint All Access pass for SOE and "P7" games would require). It will probably come in the future sometime.

No word at all about when/if they will take over EQLive or Vanguard. (I tried to ask, but their spin show took up most of the hour, and the Q&A part ended up being dominated by a lady ranting about the lack of publicity of SOE games in Switzerland or something like that).

No word on what EQNext will be; and I'm trying to find out myself whether Euro-SOE customers will be able to sign up for EQNext or if they'll be stuck going to P7 for EQNext access. (Something my Euro guildmates have said will NEVER happen for them)
  7. Diptera Augur

Ditto - won't be looking at Next or Landmark if the only way to do it is via P7Sat.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And me
  9. Drewie Augur

There are 2 tweets from John Smedley on the EQNext home page :
    Not quite sure what to think about this ...
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think that means, I won't be playing EQNext
    Rashari likes this.
  11. bitefiends Elder

Methinks it means that existing SoE accounts are no longer valid to access EQnext beta or the game upon release. and I would think any other game that they release in the future. Once again nothing official from any one at SOE :(
    Sadly SoE don't seem to want to post any thing relating PSB on any site but would rather tweet it so most don't see it and all existing accounts will quietly be moved over to a company no one wants
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thankfully Dragons Prophet isn't this way. :)
  13. Krand New Member

Well I only just came back to EQ after a years break as they threatened Prosieben for Euro's last time. I am only back now as EQ is the better game but only as long as I am not going via Prosieben