ProSiebenSat.1 is the Exclusive Partner of Sony Online Entertainment in Europe

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Piestro Augur

As per my understanding it'll be a one time decision if you choose to go to ProSiebenSat.1 Games. That being said it's your decision, so nothing will be "forced" on you.
  2. Seffrid New Member

Interesting announcement from Smed, and not entirely unexpected.

I'll read the small print before commenting further...
  3. Piestro Augur

Please read Smed's tweet from earlier. Transition will be voluntary and currently existing EQ, EQII, and PS2 players will be able to remain with SOE if they choose.
  4. Seffrid New Member

Thanks Piestro, you replied to my post before I had the chance to edit it which I did as soon as I read the earlier update.

It's obviously good news that SOE have reacted in this way to player "feedback", and it's such a shame that everyone had to be put through the hiatus of the past 10 months. All that most existing players have ever asked for is to be given the choice of switching to a more expensive and less well supported arrangement or sticking with the present service arrangements which no Europeans have ever complained about.
  5. Aeia New Member

I don't yet know whether or not I will migrate, I'll need to check all the pros and cons later - but I'm very grateful that EU players will have a choice. Thank you very much for that Smed and Piestro, I really appreciate it!
  6. Piestro Augur

I'll be sure to pass the thanks on. :)

Please make sure to post any questions and such, one of my jobs is thinking up any bizarre edge case that may exist and bringing it to be answered.
  7. Zaph Augur

Thanks for the swift replay regarding my question.

I suppose its down to Proseiben to offer a return policy.
    Should they do this (a transfer back to SoE), would SoE itself allow this. (im not suggesting a weekly pingpong contest, just a once off, there and backagain chance)
  8. Dragari Journeyman

Is there any idea yet of how this affects european station pass users? I've had my account on one for ages, but ever since the whole P7S1 thing started its not been a valid option when resubscribing, which I suspect may be why I cannot even change the payment source on it, will SOE game pass once again become a valid option for current EU customers?

I can understand why its a one time choice to move over, I don't have a problem with that. I'm just happy we will have a choice :)
  9. Ronaan New Member

Thanks for listening to your players (customers). I was going to cancel my 3-month recurring before it's up (Nov 1st), but decided to wait a few more days...

You did the right thing.
  10. Seffrid New Member

Thanks Piestro.

Can you confirm please that this applies to all existing Station Accounts and those made between now and the commercial release of Planetside 2, irrespective of whether those accounts are currently active or not, and with the sole exception being those DCUO players who have already transitioned to PSS1 and who cannot transfer back to SOE?

So if, for example, someone who has an existing Station Account but has not played say EQ or EQ2 for several years, decides in the future to try out EQNext, he will be able to do so through his existing Station Account?

Can you also please confirm that this change applies to all the games covered by the previous announcements (other than DCUO which has already transitioned), rather than just the three that Smed mentioned?

Lastly, can you please confirm that while SOE may offer an option in the future to transfer to PSS1, it gives an unequivocal undertaking not to impose such a transfer at any future time.

Many thanks for your own personal endeavours behind the scenes, which I have no doubt have been significant in all this.
  11. Phracture New Member

Thanks for listening and giving us the opportunity to choose.
  12. Piestro Augur

As this is quite early in the process, I'm giving my personal understanding below. I expect it is fairly accurate but do want to disclaim it slightly.

That is a bit beyond the scope of this announcement. I expect EQNext will be ProSiebenSat.1 Games only for players in countries covered by the ProSiebenSat.1 Games publishing agreement. This specifically addresses people who have a relationship already for specific games.

This announcement is just for the games mentioned in the announcement.

I really hate promising something forever. That's how we get into trouble with misunderstandings. Making absolute statements about the future is not the best idea, Beastlords in EQ2 anyone? Beastlords rule by the way.

There will be a continuing option for EU players who wish to transfer to ProSiebenSat.1 Games at a later date, I personally expect that some people will see improved service for EU players and want to take advantage of that. Others will no doubt retain their relationship with SOE, for whatever reason they choose.

As to the future? We don't have any plans to impose a transfer, with this agreement in place there is little reason to do so. I'll liken it to a comment I made some months ago on the EQ2 forums. If Bill Gates turned his entire personal fortune into acquiring SOE just to force the transfer, it could happen. In that case please don't fire me Mr. Gates. Other than that it seems pretty unlikely.
  13. Desideratus New Member

That would be unfortunate, for those of us who have experience of, or an abiding determination never to have a customer relationship with, PSS1, you would be limiting the playerbase for EQNext.

I'll carry on hoping that an SOE account is an SOE account, and can subscribe to any SOE games whenever launched. As stated above, personally I'm quite happy that all new accounts go to PSS1 as I certainly don't need any more.

As things stand, for us customers, this SHOULD be a win-win situation. We have a choice of supplier, and if PSS1 want to win our custom they will actually have to BE better for us than SOE!
  14. Zaph Augur

Something just occurred to me, will the move to PSS chance happen on a date, and if not selected on that date, then the chance will pass?

Something I don't want to happen, I wont be moving to PSS immediately, i want to hear feedback from those there already before I decide.
    If its a once off, on a date that its pushed live, do it or forever never have the option, then they are setting themselves up for a massive fail.
  15. Seffrid New Member

The devil is always in the detail, and if this announcement really is only a half-baked solution to a half-baked deal then it isn't going to be successful in reversing high cancellations of existing games and low pre-sales of future ones.

Put simply, the announcement needs to extend to all games covered by the deal other than in respect of those accounts already transferred to PSS1 on the transition of DCUO. Ideally, of course, they too would also be included and I feel sorry for those who have missed out, but we live in the real world and I understand the reason for excluding them from the announcement. I assume, of course, that those players who have transitioned across with DCUO will continue to be able to play the other titles on their Station Accounts as is the case at present.

What I don't understand, however, is the reasoning behind leaving the other titles out of it. Give players the chance to play EQ, EQ2 and VG plus EQNext in due course (with the renewed availability of Station Access) and they'll be back, but limit it to just three of the many titles (which makes it almost certain that Europeans won't get Station Access back) and what exactly have they gained unless they're just playing EQ or EQ2, or were thinking of pre-ordering PS2?

This is such an important step in resolving the crisis of the last 10 months that it simply beggars belief that it isn't being applied across the board to all titles covered by the deal. That needs to be reconsidered in my view.

Incidentally, Piestro, I'm grateful for your comments about long-term commitments and understand entirely where you're coming from. Indeed, you went further than I expected you too ;)! I'm sure you'll be no less understanding of my wanting to ask the question :)!
  16. Piestro Augur

We expect this and players will have a continuing opportunity to transfer to ProSiebenSat.1 Games well into the future if they so choose.
  17. Diptera Augur

That would explain why my ears burned so much that my hat caught fire, I guess... :)

May take a while before I look at EQ again, though - still somewhat narked that the P7S1 situation even existed in the first place, tbh.
  18. Kazzabi New Member

This is fantastic news! I had planned on quitting EQ when the transfer went ahead, so my motivation for logging in / buying RoF had dropped off a lot.

My question is - how do we ensure we stay with SOE? Is any action required from us, or is it automatically assumed that we want to stay with SOE? I'd hate to miss something and get automatically transferred.
  19. Celofyr New Member

Thank you for this announce : it will make the difference between canceling a Gold Account and pre-ordering Rain of Fear !
    Now, it will be perfect if we can use our SOE Account to play any SOE Game (EQNext...)
  20. Theia New Member

Maybe the Mayan's were wrong and 2012 isn't the end of the world :)
    3 gold accounts continuing here!