Pros and cons of Iksar Shamans?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sillyfish, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Sillyfish Elder

I know Iksar's can't wear certain armor. Jaundiced Bone Bracer I think is one. Then there's the whole 'Everything wants to kill you, because you're a lizard' thing, which I don't really mind. I love those racial bonuses and Iksars look way better than Trolls but other than that I don't know of anything that might make Iksar not desired as the game moves into Velious/Luclin/later expansions.

Are there any reasons you can think of that I shouldn't make an Iksar shaman over another race?
  2. Devanos New Member

On Agnarr I first rolled a troll for the beefy stats and innate regen that comes with it. I farmed a full set of Scaled Hierophant gear from Hate before Kunark, then when Kunark hit I changed to iksar. That gear will last you quite awhile. The one big thing I enjoyed most during the first few expansions is the 400 health lifetap quest shield clicky you can use that is also iksar only. This made soloing much more viable for a long time. With canni this gives you another way to get back health faster without spending mana. On the flip side, once Planes of Power came out I decided to race change to an ogre. The biggest problem I had, and one I wanted to help prevent is being stunned while casting a heal or recasting slow against resisted mobs. Its very hard to not take damage to the face and in times when you are main healer or have a big pull without a mezzer, you may find yourself in situations where not getting a spell to cast could wind up being detrimental to you or the group. This is more of a personal preference, but I do not regret changing to ogre one bit.
  3. Zapsos Augur

In Velious and beyond there really isn't any downside, the whole everyone hates you thing isn't a thing any longer.
    Accipiter likes this.
  4. Catashe Augur

What he said, once Velious unlocks it really doesn't matter anymore if you can't wear Jaundiced Bone.. and while the bracer is useful it ain't going to make or break you.. The bright side is you won't have to do the damn faction for the iksar shaman mace unless you like turning in bone chips by the 1000s, also the kunark shield that they "restored" from old quests I say is better than the overthere one or the FV one since it has a lifetap(sure 14 sec cast time but still lifetap.. low resist spell)
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Stun immunity trumps all.

Jbb is overated because dps is so boosted on tlp. You probably wont use it. As far as innate regen... well... torpor isnt hard to get on tlp.
  6. Nuttmeg Augur

At least on Agnarr, frontal stun immunity (Ogre) is forever. I don't think Lizard Shamen will ever get that.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Troll shaman gets snare click. In the early expansions especially, that can be a pretty huge thing depending on your group setup.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Fumi-chan Augur

Iksars have a tail and face paint. Trolls do not. I think that's all that really needs to be said.
    Sheex likes this.
  9. CaptainSkeet Augur

The stun immunity is cool. That being said, I had an iksar shaman on Phinny. Don’t recall stun ever causing me much trouble. Especially once you are well geared, your AC is pretty good and you can tank without much trouble. Once I had time gear, I would tank in PoFire. With a click slow stick, it’s pretty sweet.
  10. Herf Augur

The Troll SHM snare clicky is only for a specific religion, I forget which one. Choose wisely.
  11. Machentoo Augur

Innoruuk.
  12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

If you're on Coirnav, since you just started (or will soon be) Kunark, Cabilis is a pretty great origin point. It was also mentioned that while the jaundiced set has some nice toys, the stats on the scaled heirophant stuff is really just awesome.

Iksar animations are easily the best, especially swimming and casting.

But the number one reason to be iksar is that chicks dig the tail.
    Xhartor and Sheex like this.
  13. Raltar Augur

Pros: You are an Iksar
    Cons: There are no cons.
  14. Celatus Augur

fsi greater than all not even close to being close. Lizards suck unless you're a necro
  15. Arclyte Augur

So how often does a 60%+ slowed mob bash stun you? once every 5 minutes or so?

Go with what looks coolest to you. Ogre is overhyped.
  16. Celatus Augur

You obviously are not pushing content if you think one mob slowed or not is the issue smh
  17. Arclyte Augur

FSI does not stop you from getting interrupted, if it did it would be hands down the best and most likely overpowered
  18. Barathrum Augur

Ogres Live in caves and eat Dwarf's
    Iskar Live in Sewer because empire fell and eat mice
    Ogre no get stunned
    Lizard get stunned go splat
    Ogre have swamp to bathe in DE give ogre special soap so ogre no smell bad
    Iskar have sewer and no one like Iskar so Iskar Smell like sewage
    Ogre have more STA / STR can carry more shiny stones and take longer beating
    Iskar Puny lizard! scales break down faster then ogre STA! cause lizard get stunned Miss heal
    No one like Iskar
    Everyone love Ogre

Ogre SHM > Iskar SHM #ogre
  19. Celatus Augur

If you position yourself correctly it does exactly that
  20. Celatus Augur

You are incorrect sir a bash can move you thus causing an interruption but if you are cornered you will not be interrupted by a bash or 100