Proposed Spellbook change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Draego, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Draego Augur

This proposal comes as a suggestion due to recent changes made to spell scribing.

Spells are grouped in the quick list by Type and then Level.

I suggest SOE allow the spellbook to be able to automatically be sorted and grouped similar to the functions that the Windows OS allows one to quickly sort and organize by right clicking and choosing a category type.

This would especially be helpful when trying to locate those few rare spells which do not show up on the quick memorization list from the spellbar.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Such as?
  3. Naladdar New Member

I would like if you could disable lower "ranks" of the spells from the spellbook.

I mean, i have like 50 pages full of spells. Some do stack, some do not. Some are just obsolete because they arent used anymore. I want an spellbook like in EQ2, where you can sort the spellbook by lv, or type of spell and you can choose to only see highest rank of spells.
    Gythlen likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have my book organised as I like it, if anything like this gets added please make it optional.

I like my book just the way it is.
    Khoza and Perplexed like this.
  5. Rolaque Ancient

I organize mine manually during the start of each new expansion. New and always used spells are in the first10 pages, then ports, and then some miscellaneous stuff. Far in back are the old no longer used, or rarely used, spells grouped by type or expansion. Works for me.
  6. Jmac Elder

Saving spell sets is the best way to quickly bring up those spells that you have a hard time finding on the quick list or your spell book. I don't remember how many sets you can save, but it is a huge time save once you get your spell sets organized, saved and labeled the way you want.
  7. Xikteny Augur

Yeah... what?
  8. EQbud Augur

and while at it, increase book size to 100 pages and 12 slots per page since some people like to sort by level.
    Pirlo likes this.
  9. Feradach Augur

I'm just flabbergasted that people still use their spell books. The only time I open mine is to scribe a new spell, and don't even do that now with the new right-click feature. Wow.
  10. Coruth Augur

I'd like to have an ability to organize spells by level. Would make it easier at a glance to find what I am looking for or really what I am missing on a toon.

Not sure of too many spells missing from list but there are a few I keep on first page because they make very little sense where they are from tree menu

Shaman:
    Primal Essence: is under static buffs, str. (when the spell modifies all 4 melee stats)

Restoring Counterbalance: is under Utility Beneficial > Heals.
    Which makes NO sense when shaman have a direct line "heals" .
    So how the spell line under UB > Heals but not under Heals > Or since the spell is really a slow with a reflected heal over time, why isn't under Utility Detrimental > Slow.

Both of these 2 spells I had to refind just now, beause they are counter logicals and a lot easier to leave on first page to mem them when I want to.
  11. Azmadius Journeyman

We definitly need a spell book increase..I tried to scribe them by level on the pages ie page 1 level 1 etc.. but since there are only 8 slots.. later on that became an issue. Some of us have been playing since the beginning and keeping every spell we have come across is kind of like a personal achievement. Most classes wont have this issue but as a druid, thanks to all the port spells available. Theres a good 75+ if not more spells over other classes. The 100 pages @ 12 per page mentioned above would be perfect.
  12. Bardan Masquerader Journeyman

Here Here! I agree, develop an auto organize option in the spellbook like there is in EQII, makes it so much easier than to have to right click 1000 times and move spells around for hours.

How can you be "flabbergasted" about people using their spellbooks. If you're an old world player you don't think to right click on the spell bar to look for spells. You click open the book and know exactly where you have your spells loaded.

Please Sony add in a feature to organize the spellbook in a few different ways. Like by level, type, etc. So you can have for example, all your pets from 1 to 100 in order.
  13. Vlerg Augur

I can't have much sympathy for someone who wanna keep their lvl 1 spell at lvl 100...

but I approve the ideas.
  14. Grelthur Elder

I am an old player and I rejoiced when the spell trees came out because it made things infinitely easier for me. However, I think that an auto organize feature would be nice for the spellbook for individuals who want to use it.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

I'd like to delete spells from spellbook via the memorization menus.