Proposed QoL Epic 1.0 Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bobbybick, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Really?
  2. discordkitty Augur

On Agnarr I just popped my own solb instance as he's always up in the instance. You can get someone to form a raid and add you if they're going there to killy Naggy for themselves and just do your turn in if there's not already a cleric there wanting to do the same thing.

I'd like to see the pearl fragment drop rate upped. The only thing holding me back is two more of them and after spending more hours than I care to admit, I've only looted two and it seems pretty disgusting drop-rate wise. This is with guildies helping me AE the zone as well, not just a group slowly killing mobs. I don't even need the epic stats-wise I have better at this point, in the end it just frees up a spell slot, which is why I haven't bothered going back to Skyfire in weeks.
  3. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Whatever works to make you feel superior to someone else, which judging from a lot of your posts, is something you seem to really need for some reason...
  4. Tsar Journeyman

I like the changes. 3 hour spawn times might be a little short, but the 72 hour spawn windows on half the epic mobs is just way too high. Having to camp an epic mob for a little while builds some character, but having to stand in the SW corner of Fear Eye of Talon-ing all day just to hopefully get an idea on the Broken Golem spawn time, so that you can have some people prepped a bit for it in a day and a half when it respawns again, give or take a full extra day, is pretty aggravating.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm not playing anything on Coirnav FWIW so none of these changes affect me at all. The Marl timer suggestion being 5 minutes is simply due to it being a turnin NPC that must be eaten multiple times during each Shadowknight's epic. I think he should be always up but I assume that a respawn timer is easier to change.
  6. Poppinfresh Elder

The rogue changes give me a certain "Han shot first" vibe, but most of the others seem reasonable.
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

Marl Kastane, Broken Golem, and Wraith of a Shissar are all overdue. I don't know if the rest are necessary, but I like your points on the monk/rogue epic making them more "proper".
    Duder, Skuz and HoodenShuklak like this.
  8. Farore Journeyman

changes to verina are probably overdue more than any of the rest. that mob is completely toxic.
    Duder and Skuz like this.
  9. snailish Augur

It will sound weird maybe, but on live servers half the issue with the plane of fear drops, particularly the enchanter one (no reason to kill that mob unless you are a chanter iirc) was people permafarming a few drops for years on end that are tradable and just mindlessly wiping everything and letting lots rot. Make those drops no trade?

The monk robe one... I feel like the robe dropping is fine if it was moved to a monk NPC from a later era, or just didn't drop on either of the brothers until Velious.

The removed the purple monk sash from dropping iirc (and took it out of questlines), making the red not drop is reasonable.

Love the rest of the suggestions.

Also fine with the raid encounters that drop epic pieces being made harder. The point isn't to make epics easier, it is to make the scope of the quests reasonable and not built on tedium in such an unbalanced way (between classes).
  10. -wycca Augur

Rogues have probably the absolute worst/longest 1.5 because of the 1.0. The class is pretty lackluster as it is, but guess it's a good way to thin the class out even more. It is silly to be able to skip a chunk of the quest though I'll admit.

The SK epic changes have to go hand-in-hand with fixing the bypass that lets you skip a huge chunk of the quest IMO.

If you want to change quests as much as necessary to fix silliness, then the Brothers probably shouldnt drop the ROTLC (massive drop nerf at least), and the shm quest faction thing also needs fixed.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. MaxTheLion Augur

I always love how threads about making something easier will eventually turn into people saying other things need to be made more difficult for "balance". Then the devs implement the difficulty portion but hardly make things easier or more time efficient. You guys need to stop shooting EQ in the foot by posting things that would hurt other classes. Focus on the help aspect.
  12. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'm not sure that devs want to mess with the actual quest script/code but adding character flags would probably be the simplest way to close the faction loophole. Even fixing that, it would still be one of the easiest epics to obtain, so I'd like to think there wouldn't be too much scoffing.
  13. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I did always find it hillarious you could just bypass the entire epic by factioning off the initial turn in.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

You didn't mention the Oracle in OoT that paladins need alive is also the one the rogues have to kill :(
  15. KermittheFroglok Augur

Does anyone else reading this thread CRINGE when they read any form of the phrase “EPIC ___ QoL”?

I’m sorry but the hoops, cryptic clues, etc. make it clear that the design philosophy was that EPICs are meant for people willing to go above and beyond and shouldn’t be trivialized by QoL.

EPIC ≠ Quality of life
    EPIC = competitive and willing to sink more time and effort into EQ than most players.

You don’t NEED epics to advance in era or right away when they’re released. In fact many like the mage epic quickly become worthless or trivial. It’s optimal, it’s helpful in raiding, but you don’t really “need“ them unless you’re in a competitive raiding guild that requires it. But said guild will usually be running content that’ll make it easier to get said epics anyway or able to help you camp and out DPS contested mobs when needed?

The harsh reality is that you’re on the wrong server if you want QoL changes to get an epic 1.0. My advice is simple, move to Live where it’s much much easier, or move to an older TLP where it’s less relevant.
  16. Captain Video Augur

My advice is to stop necro'ing years-old threads. Each time you do that, it doubles the spawn timer you'll have to wait out. Three threads necro'ed today, that's 8x longer to wait... so far...
  17. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Golem should spawn in DZ and/or Cazic should drop the piece.

I'd say also increase the spawn rate for Ghoulbane.

Very well thought through, I know this is a necro. But still relevant.
  18. Healiez Augur

you can get a ghoulbane in 5 minutes, just sayin.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

2 Year necro not the worst by a long way

Some good points raised by the initial post however.
  20. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Honestly, thinking about it, I'd rather see the Lich and Oracle changed than Ghoulbane.