Proposed changes for Ranger class

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kurage_of_Luclin, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I get where you're coming from, but nothing would change. I like the ability to do respectable damage from melee, too. Nothing suggested here would prevent casting our abilities from melee range and people posted melee boost ideas as well.

People have thrown the idea around of a disc that takes a bit of endurance to cast spells. Something that applies a buff for a set amount of time - I think the suggestions were like 10-20% mana cost as endurance. That would be a win and make endurance matter as a stat a lot more for Rangers.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  2. WeezFv Lorekeeper

I wouldnt call a disc that uses mana cost as end a win. I think it needs to be kept simple and just have our skill cast abilities use end instead of mana all together.
  3. Zandez Lorekeeper

A lot of great ideas and suggestions, collectively we need to push Devs and pin them down. Are we a hybrid class yes, are we range yes, are we dual wield yes, are we using 2 handers yes. X-pac to x-pac seems Devs themselves don't know where our class is heading. Only until then can we isolate where to emphasize/push class improvements. Otherwise were all over the place requesting to improve range, melee, tanking. Think we all can agree mana usage/recovery is in need of a tune up as a starter.
  4. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Our bigest mana usage are Summers , Dicho, Alliance and Ice burrower swarm. Just reducing the cost of them enough to not run out of mana before the end of the raid event would be nice.

Since we bow and melee most raids, we should be able to use both Arbor Stalker's and Pure shot independently.
  5. Disapointed Lorekeeper

Lets just get rid of mana for all classes, and only ever have to worry about GCD. managing mana is part of the game, rangers have been complaining about mana since SCF was introduced? lets just nerf SCF...

Be careful what you ask for, even the slightest chance of this ever truly being considered would neuter both discs to the point that you would be the target of the angry mob carrying torches & pitchforks.
  6. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

If your gonna down my post, at least log in from your main account.

Also, asking for positive changes to narrow the widening DPS gap is not asking for rangers to be the top DPS.

Devs can choose to make changes with positive effect without breaking either disc.
  7. Disapointed Lorekeeper

Last I checked, you have a DPS gap between you and the other rangers in your guild, the ones that aren't complaining about this "GAP"
  8. Derka Power Ranger

I've often wondered what the RoI Rangers can put out. To see what our class is truly capable of in top tier gear.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

I find it hilarious that "Disapointed" doesn't have the "Kurage" to post with his real character name!

(For the sake of transparency I consider Kurage a personal friend!)
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  10. Fintank Augur

To avoid disappointments, some things are better left unanswered ;P
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  11. Fintank Augur

My first double post, feelsbad.
    Nniki, Hellowhatsyourname and Sancus like this.
  12. Derka Power Ranger

Lol wow I know you can burn, but that was a BURN.

And I see the lag has bled over to the forums to claim you.
  13. Belexes ForumQuester

When someone tries to justify stuff by showing Youtube videos of someone doing trick shots with a toy bow, then it got real. To say the game should have archery rules based on that is just silly.

I am thinking you don't remember this clearly? No way that guy in the video could do anything he was doing with a real bow. To say that it can be done in real life so we should do it in the game is what what you were defending, yet your quote above says the opposite?

If you want to make changes to the game fine. It is fantasy and not real, so you can make anything work in any manner. Just don't pretend what that guy was doing translates to using a bow to fight or hunt with. LOL! That is why I said something before.

What I was doing was telling you that wasn't a bow you could use or want to use for anything other than popping balloons or sticking arrows into soft foam targets. :p It wasn't that you shouldn't make changes for range dps in Everquest, it was about commenting on how that archer was able to do the things he was doing. People was thinking that the bow he was using was a serious bow. LOL! It was a bow designed for that kind of trick shooting. It isn't good for nothing else.

And yes, I am an expert archer in real life. Thanks!! :D
  14. Sakuraba Augur

As an up and coming ranger, what I got from this post is that Ranger really is not a bad class, and is in fact well performing outside of a few issues (which I have noticed leveling up) and could maybe use some small tweaks but it is otherwise a good ADPS/utility class that succeeds in blending all 3 of its styles.
  15. Gingadin New Member

Kurage is correct. We been losing ground dps wise for 2 expansions now at least. We arent a bad class but we need a boost in dps. The same guys in my guild i was matching or beating on parses(assuming equal adps) a few expansions ago now double my output. Facts and numbers not feeling and opinions is what this thread needs. But daybreak was sold so ...I Dought there is even any eq worker bees left to read our class forums anyway.

We ranger on.....

Gingadin
    drinal- CrimsonTempest
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  16. Fintank Augur

Our DPS has been on a steady incline since TBM, even through some nerfs. How exactly are we losing ground? The only classes we haven't been able to be competitive with are Berserkers, Necromancers and Druids through the last several years. Necromancers are the only class that have a large gap on us of those 3, beating the other 2 is attainable through random circumstances. The only class that has EVER had the capability to DOUBLE us in this time period of several years is a necromancer and that is a very recent thing. You are correct about facts and numbers, however nobody who is crying wolf appears to ever have them.

Getting boosts is nice, I'd prefer they happen as needed and not just cause we want them though. Ranger DPS is exactly where it should be bordering on too high if you believe in "class roles". Lots of factors are at play for Ranger DPS, possibly more than any other class? If you are maxed and doing everything optimally and think your DPS is low then the issue lies with your groupmates and raid teams.
  17. Gingadin New Member

With all do respect Fintank (I followed your guides from eok on) we kinda needed a boost dps wise and we didnt get it. Yeah necros i spoke of doubling us .

I soldier on and do the best i can for my guild. I'm trying to get the new dex augs to improve there.

Was there an update to your ranger dps guide bud?

Ging
  18. Fintank Augur

It's up to date for ToV and nothing has changed for CoV. There may be revisions once the patch goes through and I test the sympathetic changes.

I really just don't agree with the DPS evaluations of my peers. We are going to get a decrease once the patch goes through which is lame but even still we will be similar to how we are before.

I find it very hard to do less than 500k sustained even while juggling other things. That's for long events too, 12+ times so it skews higher on shorter runs. I know we all have different raid makeups and strats but there are never any numbers or situations shared with claims and it irritates me a lot. I like our class and how we perform, rangers in my guild also perform very well most of the time so it's not an outlier factor of just me.
    Szilent likes this.
  19. Derka Power Ranger

I think there might be something to be said about being proactive, knowing event times to plan efficient use of abilities and maybe also dotting adds where allowed. Factor all that in with getting primo ADPS support and a Ranger should do very well.
  20. Gingadin New Member