Not A Bug Prophecy of Ro missing rares/items

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Rasper Helpdesk, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Consolidating all of my bugs for Prophecy of Ro.

Missing item pairs are when a pair of Item IDs line up in the data where they should be dropped by the same rare mob yet neither have ever been found, implying that the mob that drops them is not spawning. In the past this has most commonly been because a "thinning" of the base population accidentally removed their spawns.

Ruins of Takish Hiz
    2 pairs of missing items:
    89713, 89718
    89715, 89720

Zonewide rare drops are missing from the global table, items 89741, 89742, and 89743

Tak`Valnakor's missions: The Key To The Past, The Burning Prince, and Message to the Past have 3 difficulty versions based on level of group. The lower two versions are missing the global table loot drops. Item IDs 39046, 39047, and 39048 for the lowest level. Item IDs 39022, 39023, and 39024 for the middle level.

Elddar Forest
    The mission "Investigating the Eldaar (Hard)", given by Shalowen the Pure, is not spawning a chest on completion. The same mission on Normal spawns reward fine as does Shalowen's other instanced mission "Questioning the Priest" on both Normal and Hard. The rewards are known for the mission, so the chest used to spawn or it might be an intermittent bug.

Arcstone
    8 pairs of missing items:
    89757, 89763
    89758, 89764
    89759, 89765
    89760, 89766
    89761, 89767
    89768, 89776
    89769, 89777
    89770, 89778

This implies 8 missing rare mobs. However there are 4 pairs of rares which share loot tables, so that could be 4 of the 8:
    Seedstep and Willowalk
    Thorn and Bristlebark
    Coalshade, Oroshar`s Wake and Xanzerok, the Earth Root
    Champion Ultharas and Manifestation of Ravenglass

Additionally the rare mobs Embra and Shekar have no loot tables beyond the Spirit Mark for armor quest, they would account for 2 more of the 8.

Firelash is another supposed rare in the zone, but it appears to have been removed shortly after release and hasn't been seen in over a decade.

Relic, the Artifact City
    4 pairs of missing items:
    89863, 89870
    89864, 89871
    89869, 89876
    89878, 89886

One of those missing items is likely to be the Circle of Mana I clicky people have been trying to find since release.

Devastation
    Into the Wall has two difficulties depending on level. The loot from the sub-66 version is Item IDs 39098 to 39107 and trash drop is 39108. The 66+ difficulty drops Item IDs 39109 to 39118 but slot 39119 should be a random trash drop in this difficulty and has never been recorded.

Sverag
    The mission "Samples of Corruption" has the same rewards on Normal and Hard mode (Item IDs 39169, 39171, and 39173). There are 3 missing items at 39177, 39179, and 39181 which line up in the data as being from "Samples of Corruption" on Hard.

It also likely that Runed Stone of Wrath (Item ID 39176) should be a random trash drop from the mission Hero's Challenge instead of Samples of Corruption. SoC currently drops 39175, 76, and 83 off trash while HC only has 39184. Since 83 and 84 are two augments with the exact same stats from different missions, and 75 and 76 almost the exact same stats, I expected them to be from different missions as well.

If it would help I have ALL of my notes in a google doc which I use to track things and find patterns. If this would make isolating things easier, just ask.
  2. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Update

Relic, the Artifact City
    There are 4 pairs of missing items:
    89863, 89870
    89864, 89871
    89869, 89876
    89878, 89886
    Clawzzx likes this.
  3. Tritonia Journeyman

Regarding the two single missing items in Relic, I did a deep dive of known nameds in the zone along with their drops last year when Coirnav was on PoR searching for something that could drop the Circle of Mana I click that may or may not exist. I'm curious which one drop you're showing on "a soul storm" and "a mud spirit". I cross referenced magelo drop data and allakhazam user data to find Tanned Razorhide Sleeves and Shadowbinder as the two drops from "a soul storm" and Sleeves of Stardust and Scyrkin Duelist's Wand off "a mud spirit". At the time of my searching, there was not a named listed on either site that did not have two drops accounted for between the two sets of data and I did not pursue hunting any relic nameds further because of that.
  4. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I'd mistakenly set the min ID for Relic too high and missed the other drops for storm and spirit which threw me off, once that was pointed out I could better see the missing pairs.

Those 4 pairs certainly indicate that there are 4 rare mobs that are just not spawning, and chances are one of those drops is the missing Circle of Mana clicky.

If you're curious, this is the known list of rares in Relic:
    a crashing wave
    a demented scrykin
    a lost spirit
    a mud spirit
    a scrykin deceiver
    a scrykin firestorm
    a scrykin tempest
    a soul storm
    a wandering spark
    Lyban
    The Guardian of the Doorway
  5. Tritonia Journeyman

I think that seems likely. We have an idea for another set of missing items you noted as well - will follow up in your discord if anything comes of it.
  6. GNOME_POWER Augur

7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Update:

In Arcstone there are 3 rare mobs that drop the pieces for visible armor (spirit mark of xyz) but have no other loot tables:
    Ember
    Firelash
    Shekar

Other rares in the zone that drop spirit mark pieces also have standard loot tables, so this may account for 3 of the missing loot pairs. Also, Firelash seems to be exceptionally rare, to the point it has never been observed by Magelo.
    Clawzzx and minimind like this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

ZAM shows other loot for Embra (spelling error above?) and Shekar that also drops from other mobs, are you looking for something unique to them?

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=20311

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=20300
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

The "Eye Husk of the Scrykin" is a zonewide drop, not specific to rare mobs.

And yes, Embra not Ember.
  10. minimind The Village Idiot

I farmed the hell out of Embra and Shekar back in the day and when leveling up a Mage alt. I don't recall ever seeing "Firelash".
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  11. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Still working on PoR.

Currently the mission "Samples of Corruption" has the same rewards on Normal and Hard mode (items 39169, 39171, and 39173). There are 3 missing items at 39177, 39179, and 39181 which line up in the data as being from "Samples of Corruption" on Hard.

I know this because Hero's Challenge loot is interwoven, with Normal being 39170, 72, and 74 and Hard being 39178, 80, and 82.

It also likely that Runed Stone of Wrath (39176) should be a random trash drop from Hero's Challenge instead of Samples of Corruption. SoC currently drops 39175, 76, and 83 off trash while HC only has 39184. Since 83 and 84 are two augs with the exact same stats from different missions, and 75 and 76 almost the exact same stats, I expected them to be from different missions as well. But this is conjecture.
    Clawzzx likes this.
  12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Tak`Valnakor in North Ro gives out 3 missions. The difficulty of the mission is based on the level of the group, 58ish, 63ish, and 66+. The 66+ versions share 3 zonewide random drops 39046-8. There are no reports of zonewide drops from the 58ish versions (should be items 39022-4) or from the 63ish versions (items 39034-6). It is possible those get FAR fewer plays so they just never dropped or showed up on lucy, magelo, or eqitems, but unlikely. And not something I can test without making alts.

As an aside, for anybody out there looking for bragging rights on server firsts: Level an alt to low 60s and do the Into The Wall mission by Oathmir the Outcast. There should be 8-10 possible loots for the mission but only two are in lucy, one on eqitems, and magelo doesn't have any.
    Clawzzx and Mithra like this.
  13. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

The mission "Investigating the Eldaar (Hard)", given by Shalowen the Pure in Eldaar Forest is not spawning the loot chest upon completion. The chest should appear in the static zone, but I double checked inside the instance as well.

I completed the mission on normal first, which spawned a chest. Looted the chest and made sure it decayed so as to prevent any failed spawns due to a chest existing.

edit: I recompleted the mission on normal again, chest spawned normally. I also did "Questioning the Priest (Hard)" and got a chest fine.
    Clawzzx likes this.
  14. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Into the Wall, a mission in Devastation, has two difficulties depending on level. The loot from the sub-66 version is item id 39098 to 39107 (only a few are known but thank to Tritonia we are filling in more blanks!) and trash drop is 39108. The 66+ difficulty drops 39109 to 39118, these are known. But slot 39119 should be a random trash drop in this difficulty and has never been recorded, so I'm thinking the global loot table is bugged.

Also, if anybody can pinpoint the source of "Devastating Augment of Protection"item id 39120 I'd appreciate it
    Clawzzx and Mithra like this.
  15. Tritonia Journeyman

Thanks again to Rasper for all the work on the PoR guide. I would like to highlight those missing relic nameds and the loot table from one version of Samples of Corruption (whichever difficulty is not the set currently dropping from both versions) as potential points of interest for TLP players as they have the most likely chance of endgame usable augment(s) or the circle of mana click.
    Mithra likes this.
  16. Mithra Augur

Devastating Augment of Protection is 100 percent from random trash from Into the Wall mission. I tracked it down and farmed 3 when Phinigel was going through this era for stacking heroic strength.
  17. Tritonia Journeyman

Good deal - I cleared about 15 of the 68+ mission in between looking for lvl 65 mission undiscovered Into the Wall drops because it appeared that it might be the hard Into the Wall random rare. I didn't get anything but I had been meaning to go back to check.
  18. Clawzzx New Member

With PoR coming up on mangler, getting these spawns and items fixed would be awesome.
  19. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

Amazing work! I have really enjoyed some of your guides from your website.

Unfortunately, the development team tends to ignore issues with less "popular" expansions. Consider it took years to address some issues with epic 1.0 quests. I doubt there is anyone in the team that cares much about missing group content, especially given the fact that even in era those zones are not that popular. The team has a lot to deal with and the truth is unless something has a large impact for most progression or live players it will not be addressed.
  20. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Yeah, I know this is going to be very Very low priority, but that is why I tried to go into details of zone / item id / quest name / giver etc to make it as easy as possible for them to find issues. If they decide to go back and add Hunter achieves, they are going to need to address this too.