Prophecy of Ro Jewelcrafting trophies

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Toquillaw, May 8, 2013.

1. Toquillaw Augur

I was trying to do the expert Jewelcrafting trophy but there are two items on the list which don't seem to be able to be made:
    1) Create 1 Velium Practice Earring using tradeskills
    2) Create 1 Palladium Practice Earring using tradeskills
    I made everything else, but these two require an Earring Mold, which doesn't appear to be in the game. I went to several of the merchants, including the ones in West Freeport and Abysmal Sea and they have the other molds, but are missing Earring Mold, Ring Mold, and Pendant Mold.

Has anyone found where these are sold, or how to complete the trophy?

Thanks!
  2. Toquillaw Augur

3. Mykaylla Augur

Ouch. Those practice items didn't come out until Secrets of Faydwer, when they revamped jewelcrafting and removed all of the old enchanted recipes, which would be why those molds aren't available for you. The quest was changed a couple of times- they need to either revert the quest for you, or add those items to a vendor.

I don't recall if the Heat Affinity II combine changed, but now, it does not require Aloe on regular servers, so that too might mess you up.

• Yield: 1 x
    Tonic of Heat Affinity II

• In:
    Foldable Medicine Bag

Foldable Reinforced Medicine Bag

Medicine Bag

Reinforced Medicine Bag
  4. Toquillaw Augur

Thanks for the reply! I was hunting about in the recipes last night after posting and I noticed the Lucy dates in the history which showed the items came out about a year and a half after the expansion. It's really hard to tell what can be made, and how to make it.

Oh! I just see that in my (sleepy) post last night I said Tonic of Heat. Yes I could make that one (and turn it in for the task). It was the recipe for Tonic of Benefit Affinity II in game that still asks for Aloe (as in, open the alchemy kit, search for the recipe, and it shows what it wants for the combine and agrees with what is at Allakhazam's). So I am still stuck on that.

What is weird is that some of the recipes and ingredients for the changes in Secrets of Faydwer are already in the game, but if I try the combine it fails with the message that lack the ability (don't own the expansion). That is just fine, I can see that some of the recipes would be too far ahead and having the recipe locked by that mechanism makes sense. But, the mechanism is there as part of the recipes so the parts should be available without too much concern.

Prophecy of Ro focused so much on the trade skill changes that removing them kills off a big part of the expansion. It's more than a bit irritating that I now can't make the old Alchemy trophy, nor the new one!
  5. Machen New Member

A number of people have petitioned this, the devs are aware of the issue. None of the trophies for over 150 skill Jewelcrafting are completable right now.
  6. Toquillaw Augur

Well, whatever we did it wasn't enough. The patch notes are up for the May 14 patch, and no indication of fixes for progression servers. So I guess they are blowing this off again without comment.

Yeah ... these servers are worth Gold subscription. What a crock. They should open them up to FTP so I can dump 12 of my 13 accounts from Gold. It just isn't worth paying for this sort of broken content and lack of interest in fixes.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Do you know much of anything about programming and how the code in EQ, specifically for the Progression servers, works? They are likely going to have to manually go through all of those tasks, look up all of the items and selectively flag the components to start dropping/being sold early.

Honestly, stop whining if you don't want to pay for it then don't pay for it. There is more to the game than just those two servers. Not being able to do some of the TS trophy quests is far from the end of the world. Getting these quests working on the progression servers has likely (and rightly) been given a low priority over the last couple months considering they have done a DLC (SoFear) beta, Anniversary time, DLC (SoFear) launch, and all the other things they normally have to do. I'd be looking for it in the next patch probably.
  8. Toquillaw Augur

Says the guy who whines in every post about having to ask Piestro for the ability to edit posts ...

It's a database change, no programming required. Apparently people have known about this and submitted petitions about it. Getting it after it is no longer relevant isn't useful.

That, and tradeskills are a big part of what my wife and I enjoy. It was a big part of Prophecy of Ro, and frankly is the only part of interest in that expansion.

If it isn't important to you, go play somewhere else. Otherwise, this is the place for me to post my irritation with the state of progression servers. Don't like it, go read a book or something.
  9. Machen New Member

Yeah, really disappointed this didn't make the patch. It's the last trophy to finish my set.
  10. Danear New Member

Now that the Earring Mold is on the Progression servers have you tried to make these combines?
    I have and am unable to as it seems there is some restriction that makes it so my character does not meet the requirements to make this.
  11. Machen New Member

So I've talked to several GM's about this since the earring mold went live. The mats are in but the recipes are out of era. They changed the jewelcrafting trophy quests when they updated tradeskills in SoF, one of the the original quest recipes were taken out of game and a new recipe was swapped in to the quest to replace (the earring). So it's looking like we may have to wait for SoF unless they figure out a way to resolve this.