Project Mapquest?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Redrum_Redrum, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Is this going to be added back in at some point or did I miss a posting somewhere in regards to it?
  2. Caudyr Augur

It will be, but Beimeith said he's not going to do it until we're ready with the first release of the new maps...since there's only a couple of zones left to do...so I'm not gonna put it up myself. :p
  3. Redrum_Redrum Augur

I'm still waiting on beta access to work on the new maps...
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You and me both, heh. And yes, like I said to caudyr, there isn't a whole lot of need to make a new post until there is something to post heh. The first release will likely be new expansion maps, followed somewhat shortly by faydwer. Faydwer is almost done, but once / if I have beta access that will take priority.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You guys really should be in making those maps, give Piestro a poke and tell him he's slacking and you need access.

I know before when one of the map guys had been overlooked he asked them to do it....it can't hurt to try. :)
  6. Ishtass Augur

Everyone's suddenly a map maker
    Beimeith and FatbukSlapmeat like this.
  7. Caudyr Augur

And me, too. :p

I have Steam Factory about 80% done atm...and then SHIP Workshop needs to be done. After that, it'll be the LDoN maps for me. BB and MM are being worked on by someone else, so I may also tackle LFay, but I'm trying to avoid Greater Faydark because those stupid tree platforms of Kelethin are a pain in the butt, lol. I think someone else working on the project had said they were gonna do GFay, but they haven't gotten around to it, yet, heh. I...think that's all we have left to finish off Faydwer, though.

However, like Beimeith said...if/when I get into beta...those maps will certainly take priority so they can get finished.
  8. Geroblue Augur

If I knew how to use Blender, I would give it a try... doesn't mean I would finish though.
  9. Caudyr Augur

Wait. We use Blender for mapmaking? Man, that's news to me!

...it doesn't use Blender that I know of. :p
  10. Geroblue Augur

3D maps could handle those bridges in Kelethin. Would have to put them on a separate web site though.

Or make each level of bridges a different walkway board color, or rope color.
  11. Ishtass Augur

EQ maps are 3D plotted
  12. Caudyr Augur

That's not what I meant when I said I dreaded doing that zone, though. The entire city is up in the trees on 'open' ledges that have no boundaries for you to get to...and whenever you fall you have to wait for the stinkin lift to get back up again.
    I'm assuming this is a joke, but in case it's not...they are pseudo-3d plotted (imo, at least...they may very well be '3d plotted', but it just doesn't appear that way in the map window). There's a z-level, but you can't view it in a 3d format, everything overlays in a 2d format, so multiple z-layers will overlap with each other if they share the same loc space.

Maybe some program could be written to view it in a 3d format or something, but I dunno if that's even worth it, heh. *shrugs*
  13. Ishtass Augur

Not a joke, you can use the adjustable height filters in game.
  14. Geroblue Augur

I'm not joking either. Draw the Kelethin platforms in 3D and post the map somewhere. I have used the height field things in game map, but it still doesn't keep my characters from falling off the platforms.

I'm saying it would be easier to see the platforms and maybe deal with them, if the drawn map was 3D. It would certainly help me.
  15. Geroblue Augur

I have map making software from Profantasy, but I don't know if I could figure out how to use it for maps of Kelethin or not.
  16. Caudyr Augur

Ya, I know. It's just...when I think of 3d, I think of things like your character itself, not the '3d' that is in the map window's z-levels, heh.

That being said, it'd be nice if you could cycle up/down the z-levels (set by the height filter) to view the map that way w/o having to run up through the zone yourself. ;)
  17. deadlover New Member

anyone have the maps for RoF zones? i know its in Beta,but heard there were maps of the zones out there somewhere...
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If you aren't in beta why do you need/want maps for it?
  19. CaRnon Augur

I am sure once people start getting into beta someone will come out with maps for everyone for release time... who knows maby there will be maps available sooner for beta folks..

I hope if i ever get a beta invite that they have maps ready for the beta testers so we can start ploting spots wher named spawn and other information on the maps for the new zones.