Progression server - Starting with ALL classes.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NubixCube, Mar 7, 2020.

1. NoWay Augur

Thought they had a p99 style server with beasts and zerkers on it? heard it was unbalance.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Beastlords & Zerkers on P99? Unbalanced?

Hasn't happened, you thought & heard wrong on all three counts.
  3. Kujoe Lorekeeper

Starting a new TLP in classic with beastlord and berserker would be a nice new change. Yes, there will be some balance issues (I see it as primarily with the bst mana regen line), but... there are already imbalances in the early game so I don't see a huge issue here. Maybe restrict the mana regeneration line to kunark/velious when enchanters get more robust int/mana buffs, or if they have the ability to make a lesser version of the spell line, but even that it would be a minor change for those interested in playing bst/zerk at the early stages of the game when the lower level group game is healthy.

One way for implementation would be to open bst with only starting races (so no cat people until luclin), as there are already spell npc's at those other starting cities (ogre, troll, barb, etc.) which would just have to be included in the zone population at launch. I would imagine a few spells may have to be moved around if any are restricted to the moon. I see the 1.0 epics as the bigger overhaul to move npc's/dialog/fights to classic kunark zones, but just because there is work involved shouldn't outright make the change impossible. As it is, many monks/necro's/etc. change to iksar when kunark launches.

Do i personally want daybreak to take resources away from QoL efforts, or the efforts of creating new expansions for the live players, not necessarily, but from my perspective i dont see much of that being done as is. I dont really want chat tabs (was that the last "QoL fix?"), and from the live players, it seems most expansions these days are a re-hash of old content where fights have new AoE and scrips. If daybreak was spending resource/development time trying to eliminate hacking or unsanctioned box programs perhaps you would have me on their side, but... i dont see much of that either.
    NubixCube likes this.
  4. Xanathol Augur

I don't care to hear any excuses on the amount of 'work' it would take to enable this - they just wasted a huge amount of time putting in a feature literally no one asked for (Overseer). Not to mention, this took me all of an hour to enable on an - change the expansion avaialbility flags in the character creation combinations, on the GMs, spell vendors, and epic quest givers. Drop tables are already active on TLPs, before the classes are. People pontificating on the 'work' required is just running interference for the sake of doing so.
  5. feigntrain Elder

You think 3 mana regen per tick is too unbalanced? Please explain conc pots then.

They probably wouldn't even get that spell since it is one of those only available in Shadow Haven.

Spiritual Purity would be obtainable only from Velious raids and would only be 7 per tick at the point when everyone is getting velious raid gear and ready for SoL.
  6. kenmei Augur

I say yes to all above,
    if it's deity pvp.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

EQ PvP TLP aint happening anytime soon, probably never will happen.

P99 is -> that way
    DAoC Classic is -> that way

cyas
  8. Machen New Member

I've been a guide as well. I understand how the program works.

Bottom line, if you want players banned for 3rd party software, and you want the guides involved, the guides will be for all practical purposes the ones issuing the ban. With how easy it is to spot 3rd party software on truebox, and the fact that bans currently aren't happening much, I doubt the GM staff would have time to review guide recommendations.
  9. feigntrain Elder

I'm sick of comments like this. Tell that to who ever decided to implement overseer. It's just complete utter nonsense to say something is too much work to do when they clearly have the capacity and just choose to spend it on stuff that nobody wanted.
    Xanathol likes this.
  10. jsega New Member

They've had no issue launching TLPs with all sorts of overpowered/underpowered things up to now. Some of them have been nerfed specifically for TLPs to balance. There is no reason they can't do it with a couple out era classes. I doubt they will be as big of a balance problem compared to SK harmtouch, mage pets, monks, or even the current status of charm pets.
  11. Zhulaol New Member

Berserkers in Classic through SoL become junky warrior in chain armor. There dps is about that of a rogue and they tend to die like rangers. Though this was back on Test and Trakanon in progression guilds with self imposed gear standards. The epic actually gets replaced before the end of SoL and definately in PoP.
  12. sauron69 Lorekeeper

I'd be for this just for a change of pace. The suggestion that beast and bers are overpowered in classic is ludicrous.
  13. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

I just love the idea of change in general. We've seen the same format for the TLPs over and over and having more variety is not bad. I keep seeing people say Berserkers would be terrible, but so are rogues and every TLP some people play rogues. Not everyone plays the game to min/max everything, sometimes people just want a change of scenery. And yes, I see the irony of this statement with our TLP servers. This is also something they could apply to all future TLPs going forward.

Speaking to the botter issue, I think this is something DPG really needs to address and use some of those resources on. It really frustrates players when they run into someone that is obviously botting. Most games have a built in function to report suspected cheaters, why has EQ never implemented something like that? Get enough reports and you get suspended/banned or at least reviewed by a GM.
  14. code-zero Augur

So what I'm getting here is that you're asking Darkpaw to invest time and effort into a change that you're admitting is pretty much worthless as far as viable characters? A berserker would have crummy DPS "just like a rogue" only without the ability to pick locks or do any other sort of utility thing....
  15. jiri_ Augur

I'd love to play a TLP with BLs or especially Berserkers. I'd also love even more to play a TLP with aggressive action against botters.
  16. Zhulaol New Member

The issue is by the time you can play a Berserker, you need to rush to get PLed while at the same time people are working on progression in GoD. Same with BL and the bottle neck that is VT key piece hunting. IF these classes are open from the get go people would be more inclined to play them and they wouldn't have to relevel a new character 1 year into the server. It may not seem like much, but believe me- they are behind the 8 ball for a good 2 expansions trying to catch up (berserkers more so because of aa's available in SoL, PoP, and GoD).
    Xanathol likes this.
  17. code-zero Augur

So essentially a placeholder character on hold till it can be useful.....
  18. jiri_ Augur

Exactly, and especially for Berserkers they're staring down the barrel of the inevitable population crash. The only way to have had an active PUG leveling environment as a Berserker is to have played that class when they were new. That's one of the few replicable experiences in EQ that hasn't been made available again yet.
  19. Zhulaol New Member

It is only a placeholder character if you want it to be. The Fear armor is actually pretty decently itemized compared to other classes (I mean Vermiculated Crown come on). Kunark Armor has some clickies that are helpful but not needed (Pants have shimmering rage for throwing damage), Velious armors are on par with others. Then SoL brings in some fun with all the Bane weapons. If you are not a constant raider than yeah a Berseker will fall behind. I cannot speak for a BL but I imagine it is the same.
  20. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

I feel like you read my post but took the worst elements of it to argue against. I didn't say that they are worthless, I said that not everyone likes to min/max. Nobody plays Berserkers on a TLP because by GoD everyone is leaving. Nobody knows how they will compare because it's never happened before. I'm asking them to invest time and effort into the idea because a lot of people want it, and it can be reused for all future TLPs. That's not wasted effort at all if it makes people happy.
    Thewiz likes this.