Progression Server Raid Update Coming July 1

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Steampunk Augur

Sometimes you get what you want. Sometimes you get what you need. Sometimes you just have to make do with what you get. And sometimes you look at what you got and wish you'd just kept your mouth shut and been happy with what you used to have.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Tidden New Member

I don't like that they are now making it harder to Raid these bosses. Sounds like the same thing over again. So you get the same loot the others got before the change but now have to have more to do it with. Do a player VOTE on these type of change.
  3. Vaclav Augur

Ideally Tidden, the changes are more keyed towards fixing class abuses and power than actually extra overt difficulty.

Players do deal more damage and take less than the old days overall - so some baseline buffing does make sense potentially - but the bigger problems are pet power being over the top and Harm Touch being quite abusable with a bunch of L50 SK.
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Well. I already have discouraged about thirty of my old friends from coming back to EQ for this round of progression servers. I won't quit myself but I refuse to tarnish my own reputation by talking people into coming back to suffer the rampant player abuse being outright condoned by DBG.
  5. Detheb Augur

In our defense(Especially Aneuren), the SK thing was brought up. Mutliple video's during the beta were presented saying "Hey, SK HT is broken and there is no delay in using them" to the developers. I believe they stated it wasn't worth their time to fix. So, clearly, they view it as a part of the game?
  6. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Mezrah and I were among the first to bring the sk issue to their attention, like on day one of beta testing. It took several more days of us posting and feedbacking for them to give us the collective finger. I don't know what the problem is, but DBG has ignored every single valid concern that we've shared with them. Will it destroy the server? No but it makes it a pretty sucky place to play. If I didn't have people counting on me I'd just leave myself.
  7. Flash Johnson New Member

So dumb, you realize TL can field like 150 players right? You could split to every major boss and still have little to no issue. If you want EVERYONE to see the raids you make lockouts or expeditions, period. Congrats TL on more loot, lol.
    Derthe likes this.
  8. Nooz New Member

really you complaining on lack of loots?
  9. Vaclav Augur

Well, they couldn't fix the "stacking method" that was technically the request.

I'd expect any HT fix at this point to be blanket immunity on mobs until Luclin or so. Remember until around Luclin HT wouldn't even land on raid mobs, not even trash mobs reliably.
  10. Weverley Augur

People seems to forget that HT as been reduce quite significantly according to the beta damage at level 50. That's how daybreak diverge from fippy. And don't forget the boss gonna be harder so does a raiding guild bring all sk and use HT and say omg raid boss not dead what do we do.
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

No, we did not forget this. Moreover, you are wrong.

First, harmtouch damage at 50 here is the same as Fippy post-nerf. But there was supposed to be a mana-burn type recourse in also to prevent abuse because even at level 50 it does 1000 damage. You only need 16 SKs to guarantee 50% damage done to a classic raid mob, which is nothing on this server.

Second, at the time we petitioned and feedbacked this, there were no plans to make bosses harder. It's a happy coincidence that DBG is now talking about buffing the difficulties of these encounters. But we didn't "forget" anything.

The point was, however, that we consistently bring up issues to have them completely ignored. Harm touch was only one of them and, to the extent it will be fixed by happy coincidence, by a supposed "fix" that doesn't increase the availability of raid mobs in any meaningful way, it is just another insult in a series of insults.
  12. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

While these changes aren't perfect, sure having raid instances and lockout timers would help everyone be able to experience content while it's still current, That's no different than the original game was, if you weren't in a guild that was part of the raid rotations, you didn't get to experience the content either... Ultimately there are a few very good changes here.

Faster spawn rate means top guilds will get their fill and then some even sooner, eventually they're not going to want to raid nonstop in order to lock down all 6 main raid targets that are spawning much faster. This will let others get targets far sooner than they would have otherwise.

More instanced zones means both an increase in loot and EXP opportunities for anyone not already maxed or running mage box armies. This also improves the economy as you're not required to purchase your gear from people that are locking down the only camp permanently and charging exorbitant prices.

Overall I think this will improve the experience for most people, even if it is from a "trickle down economy" theory.
  13. Drayk New Member

I second this. I for one did not come back for the competition and will not be re-subbing when my subscription ends in two weeks. Instanced raid content with a lockout timer is a win for the majority of folks whom want to experience content while it is relevant. Daybreak, you have utterly failed in addressing and fixing the problem that the majority of your player base sees as a viable solution.

I say good day sir.
  14. Derthe Journeyman

TL wasn't getting enough raid loot fast enough?
  15. Zeusdraco New Member

Well, perso the only way to make sure to please the say Hardcore player is to leave the current expansion progression like it is like it was ( competition mode on!) but make content harder as really atm raid are a joke.....this is say 20% of your Customers.

The others 80% that you will actualy keep loosing overtime just like verant/sony did as mistake.....is doing nothing..... The only ways i see to fix this would be something like this:

Kurnak unlock ( the main raid boss pop as normal Inside the main instance ) so hardcore raiders * the 20% of your Customer * rush the hells out to gears up.

The previous expansion boss now turn instanced! woot now your 80% of your players customers can enjoy what they never could ! and at same time you get some return of customers coz they actualy will have something to do ! and wow also the hardcore raider can farm their instance as wells giving them more to do!

Everyone will see the content, without break the main spirit of your progression servers of what EQ1 was competition Wise and poeple will stop quitting the game.DO NOT forget to put a minimun for the instanced lke 24 minimums! and keep the original zone NON instanced for the challenge of doing stuff with only 1 group etc....its another part of the game that is fun....

Right now i have to agree that if you dont make these changes mentionned above to fix YOURS customers needs.....these servers will only feels like a ghost town overtime and a place to farm krono. You can make it much more better and keep collecting lots of subs and krono fee to keep progressing your games...! You guys really need to hire someone that know what to do insteand of breaking even more the game. I mean you made these servers for us to have funs and for your pockets to be filled which i understand but MAKE IT RIGHT!.

You also need to do something about the farmers botted but thats is another story i wont even give my idea on this til you actualy fix the things above. Feel free to email me if you actualy want some more idea.

You can make those servers rocking up your subs if you take time to.
  16. Ghilran Lorekeeper

I'm sorry but i have to side with the devs here. Having the current content instanced would make me puke in disgust. What made original everquest unique is that raid content was not a given. It may sound like HxG but what made us drool on boss and plane gear was that it was unlikelly we would ever lay our hands on it.
    That being said I could live with a relaxing of rules, like faster, random repops, so that a larger base of players can enjoy the content while it's relevant - with relevancy being shortened by fast schedulled extensions.

Besides, I fear the problem is elsewhere. Back then no single guild would lock out content without tremendous efforts - I know, I contributed in doing it for a time. If TL can do it, let them... But I suspect they get the mean to do it by leverraging huge balancing issues, and the incentive to do it for reasons not directly related to gaming on Ragefire. That's what needs to change.
  17. Krosar New Member

I'm not sure where you heard that...

They are not doing anymore expansions, but instead shorter "campaigns" which we have heard nothing about since Daybreak first gave us the news months ago.

Maybe they are currently in development, but I don't expect we will see them anytime soon, since everyone seems to still be attempting to fix 14+ year old content. You can polish a turd all you want, but it will still be Plane of Fear.

My first question: shorter than TDS?? HOW? Whole main story takes like 3 weeks to complete.
  18. Laronk Augur

lol Sorry they're building actual content for live. The changes to raid stuff on the progression servers likely took minimal dev time, they added a mitigation buff and they increased the damage output and changed the spawn timers. Also there's a good number of people on progression who can't be ignored either.