Progression Server Raid Update Coming July 1

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Barton The Mischievous

Instances with 10 day lockouts(appx 3X a month) would I think be a fair compromise as i have stated previously, Heck I would say even maybe 14 day lockouts(2x a month) to start then once a new expansion unlocks then go to 10 or maybe 7 day lockouts.(3X to 4x a month) That allows for competition of the open spawns but limited access to all guilds who can show up with enough members to take down the content.
  2. Jon-da-man! New Member

And you're still here...they must be doing something right...
  3. Jon-da-man! New Member

Ignored? Live servers had TDS released less than a year ago. Unique raid encounters that are/were challenging and unique. I would hardly say that's ignored. Now hush, get off your overly competitive, boring end game raids "Live" server and join us on this "Back to the Future" ride we're having on the TLP Servers!
  4. Jon-da-man! New Member

A notorious "will not re-sub" terrorist! And here you are...16 years in the making...that's a LOT of "no re-subs".
  5. Jon-da-man! New Member

What is a "poop socking"?
  6. melemayhem Journeyman

I feel sorry for daybreak, it often seems some pple just play eq to complain, if its not here on boards, when db trys to do stuff, its in general in game. If sony or now daybreak, is so bad and pple are as unhappy as they say in their posts, why are they playing eq, its a GAME its only purpose is to pass time in a fun way. If u are unhappy with how the progression or live servers are run, go do something else rather than whine
  7. Vaclav Augur

I can agree with that on the timers, but any data on what the difficulty changesentaiil ?

I could care lessWHEN they spawn, but am curious if adjustments are minor damage and Hp adjustments or more involved like Plane of War did with pets andHTimmunity.
  8. Sheaffer Augur

How is something challenging and unique yet over competitive and boring at the same time? How are live server raids even competitive? Everyone knew ROI would win.
  9. Slasher Augur

Because its not back to the future. The fun factor in EQ was the community the game itself was boring even in 99. We played it because you were playing with friends and guild members. That is long gone.
    Nenake likes this.
  10. Zeusdraco New Member

Well while making it easier to the top guild to get them more often, you made the normal player having it harder with their epic once top guild move on with phinny , etc... we used to be able to group or 2 group kill them into kurnak at lvl 60, now it will just be funny to try gather more force to down these for our epic. I used to be leader of one of the top guild on MM back then and i can tell you with these change on the epic mob dropper you just cockblocked many of your customers to be able to get their chance at them, Your progression server are weak compared to what they were in 1999, its too late .....the dommage is done, i can understand that you guys couldnt get back soooo old code or spend countless night to get it back to what it was........but hey make the change needed in KURNAK before you unlock it so you dont piss off all your customers, you dont have to make drastic change either, just tweak it some, poeple maybe wont even notice it coz it was harder anyway before back in 2000. I really really hope you guys could actualy hire someone that know what the game was back then..
  11. Laronk Augur

They're building an expansion for live, it's hardly being ignored.
    Nenake likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just Ragefire and Lockjaw coming down on the 1st or are you patching all servers?
  13. Slasher Augur

While ignoring bugs that have been on live for 5 + years to fix TLP stuff. While raids, group missions, class balance remain broken.
  14. Amothep New Member

Good intention...
    But the result will certainly be :
    - More loot for the 3 major guilds of the server on raid bosses
    - No more loots for minor guilds on raid bosses

Cheers
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Errr why are you changing all the servers?
    I thought this was just for progression servers?
    Where is the discussion for this for blue servers?
  16. Reht The Dude abides...

Why, we have instanced raids...............too soon?
    Silv likes this.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Have you ever played on live during the CotF/TDS expansions? (Assuming you're serious) What you posted above is one of the most profoundly ignorant things said on these boards in recent memory, and given the cesspool that is pretty much the entire TLP section, that's saying something.
    Silv likes this.
  18. Miark Journeyman

A lot here are saying put in instances a lot are saying not to the devs stated they believe people want the competition and not instances simple solution in game poll they just did it for the question of unlocking the next expansion why not put the vote out there they don't have to promise anything just find out what the players want either way they do it several are going to be upset and quit the thing they should figure out is which is going to keep the most players

The more I think about it the more I need to rant about the dev's posing "we firmly believe it is needed for the classic experience", This is so far from the "classic experience" True classic would have the mouse locked inside the window (aka no box armies on one computer pressing 1 button and having 6 or more toons all doing the same action at the same time) remove the advanced loot option put all classes back to the way they were at the time aka remove all the nerfs that have been done over the years, put back in ALL the items you removed, put the old school spell, poison, and alchemy research systems, remove the crafting search window, I could go on but you get the point this is NOT by a long shot a "Classic experience" This is a new experience treat it as such

In reality I will keep playing which ever way they end up going it's a lot of fun as it is, some changes make it better than original some make it worse but I firmly believe that when you have this many players the only fair way to settle these disputes over these things is to put it to a vote, the dev's might have designed it but if they don't listen to the players then they will be out of a job and "their" game will be dead
  19. Mordeth New Member

I like many others came to progression servers to experience relevant content that was missed originally like naggy/vox PoA. No one came here for competition. I've unsubed as I hit level 44 and find there's zero I can do in game, and zero to look forward to. This server is nothing more than a kronos farming server for main account players, and without raid opportunity for non kronos selling people you've really isolated those that came back to the game after 10 years. So keep locking up 'relevant content' and there won't be a problem with overcrowding, it will become a ghost town like every other progression server that came and went. Then agai kronos buyers paying more than my sub so why should you care.
    Drayk and Kegwell like this.
  20. Tarrin Augur

Where minor guilds getting loots from raid bosses?