Progression Server Raid Update Coming July 1

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 24, 2015.

1. EqEqEq Elder

Here is my prediction.
    Released July 1
    4 weeks for them to figure out this did exactly the opposite of what they attended.
    July 28 we get a post about raid instancing being trickled into the game starting with vox/nag since they already done. By this time 50% or more people already left the server over this.
    2 more weeks to get new instancing working.
    August 11 we'll get instancing of vox/nag and PoF as someone worked the weekend to finish that zone and we all applaud said dev.
    Nenake, Numiko and patius like this.
  2. Vaclav Augur

Eq^3 - Sounds about the timeframe and results I pessimistically expect. But giving these changes a chance first.
  3. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

If you check my post history you should find that I usually lean that direction, as long as instancing is controlled and limited (not more than 3 or 4 a month for example) so as to make sure open world content is spawning much more often (4 - 8 times per available instance) and therefore worth contesting.

I want every guild to have the chance to attempt content in-era at least once. I am just not interested in putting it in the /claim window, nor am I going to suggest my guild stand by and not contest you so you can have a shot.
    Jadefox and Vaclav like this.
  4. Byakugan New Member

If you really want to encourage more people to experience raid content, then you should do 2 things...Allow the bosses to spawn more often, and also put in a 4 hour account lockout upon a boss spawning....Lockout = if you got credit for the kill, then no characters on your account can enter the primary zone for 4 hours after the boss respawns.

Suddenly guilds get to take turns killing bosses...or they have to be coordinated and large enough to have entirely separate raid groups.
    Cloudous and Kegwell like this.
  5. RainbowTest Augur

I play in the modern era and I really like the scheduled raid nights. is not what the average eq player wants to deal with. it'd be 10x simpler and make the game more fun if the spawns were on a lockout like all the expansions that came out after PoP. This allows people to avoid the toxic players by simply removing them from their guild and filtering things better so that people play with honest quality players instead. It is mind numbing that this company is letting money grabbing internet bullies dictate who can play their game.
  6. Kegwell Lurker since '99

This guy is 1000% right.
  7. Crysta_of_Luclin New Member

I don't see why you can't just add a lock out timer to those who have successfully beat the raid....why is this such a difficult thing to process. Give everyone a chance to beat a raid target, not just one or two guilds who live on the game 24/7. I've been to raids back in the day and yeah there were multiple guilds waiting at a target when it spawned, but the players were more considerate and fair back then giving the other guilds a chance first...if that guild wiped then the next guild jumped in...but I don't believe that is the case anymore. In the newer expansions you added lockouts AND instanced raid encounters...and it works out great...why not give us at least one of these options so that everyone can enjoy the raid aspect of the game and not just the select few.
    EZPZ, Derthe, Nenake and 1 other person like this.
  8. SBC0 Elder

This is perhaps the best idea I have heard in a while on these forums. Granted, it wouldnt lock out an entire guild that is large, but it would force a rotation for smaller guilds that cannot play 24/7 to poopsock.
    Cloudous likes this.
  9. SBC0 Elder

What does that even mean?
  10. Xanadas Augur

For the record, I think what you guys have come up with is a very reasonable conclusion to the competition for raid targets.
  11. Soulsavior Elder

THIS is TRULY... Great News.. for the ANTI-Boxing.. Guilds...
  12. Soulsavior Elder

AND whoever came of with the PICKZONE.. OMG.. let me buy one for ya !
  13. Prathun Developer

Changes that affect all servers:
    • Nagafen's Lair (soldungb), Kedge Keep (kedge), Permafrost (permafrost), and The Ruins of Old Paineel (hole) will load balance. Raid NPCs will only spawn in the base version. There is no limit to the number of adventurers that can be in any version of these zones.
    • Raid NPCs in original EQ zones are immune to memblur.
    Changes that affect only progression servers:
    • Some raid NPCs are more difficult.
    • Raid NPCs spawn more frequently.
    Fanra and Numiko like this.
  14. Numiko Augur

I noticed another thing on the test server update, old world raid boss's will now be immune to mem-blur.
    Which is something a lot of people were asking for as well.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  15. Greymere Augur

Yeah I woulda suggested letting raid targets spawn in any of the instances and not just the base one but start off with the raid target despawned as if recently killed when the load balanced zone is created rather than increasing spawn timers. If you wanted to cap the potential amount of pickzones that could be around at once just put a hard cap n those zones of 3-4 at first.

If they load balanced Hate/Fear/Sky those zones would really just be relegated to the same status as any other dungeon zone, which really trivializes it even more than it already is, all those zones are intended, designed for raids to be there rather than groups, the fact that they are groupable is more the issue. If they were to instance anything Hate/Fear/Sky would be what id prefer to see and only making one such raid zone available a week. so you can get at least 3 times the content from standard play zones.
  16. Tamagini New Member

Making mobs immune to mem blur misses the whole point. How about first aggro taps it?
  17. Alekzandre Augur

Prathun,

Please define what you mean by "original EQ zones".

Thanks in advance!
  18. Zhama Elder

The point of stopping blurring was to stop what comes down to as little as a chanter+ 1 well timed nuke or harmtouch killstealing a raid, to which this stops it, its not about raidforce vs raidfoce dps racing.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  19. Prathun Developer

Zones that were available before the launch of Ruins of Kunark, or revamped versions of those zones.
  20. Slasher Augur

Must be nice to play on TLP. While live gets ignored.