Progression Server Poll Results: What's Next?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkk Lorekeeper

How about PoP without the porting stones? Gives plenty of content for upper level raiding without killing the social and transportation aspects of the game?
    Zoggzog likes this.
  2. Calandria New Member

So they...got bored with TOO much content? How does that even make sense?

Those I know who got bored got tired after a month in the expansion when they were max level, no more good AA to get, and they had the gear they wanted.
  3. Vaildez New Member

I am guessing you didn't play back in 1999? Why even play a slow progression server if your only concern is more content? I would guarantee we would see far more people coming out of the woodworks if the new server had classic timelines and rules. The fact is people want the nostalgia and the current EQ with the million expansions doesn't do it for them. I think many people would be happy if it never progressed past Velious.
    Fallfyres, Pozest, Dalinsia and 3 others like this.
  4. 11bangbang New Member

i would be happy with stopping at velious
  5. Vaclav Augur

Seems like asking for trouble if they did. It's usually a bad business decision to compete directly with something free with something costed.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  6. Arkk Lorekeeper

We have 21 expansions now and I couldn't be more bored on the regular servers. Why have a new rule set to race to get to the same place we are now?
    Zoggzog likes this.
  7. Vaildez New Member

Amen. It's time for them to cater to the niche crowd that wants to relive the "classic" experience. There are a lot of us out there!
    Pozest, Hicyn, Arkk and 2 others like this.
  8. Calandria New Member

Yes, actually I did. Played from 99 until 2004. Quit, went to eq2, came back for Fippy. I play for the experience of playing with others that I've leveled since the beginning with. It's not the content I'm there for. After a while, you tend to forget what it's like, but after the hundredth time killing the same mob and watching the loot rot, seeing all your friends leave cause they got bored, it's time to move on to the next content.
  9. Muslix Journeyman

Option 3 (+50%)
    No Vote
    Server Name: Quarm (surprised it wasn't in your list Aristo)

Would love to see instancing if possible and old school exp tables! Thanks for making this happen!
  10. Erydan Ouragan Journeyman

That's exactly what i want, even the name.
  11. Irbax_Smoo Augur

/lobbying on

Server Type: Don't care, because I'll be playing on it regardless. Sorry! OK I'm not sorry, but you're stuck with me.

I don't care what type of server it's going to be, because I know what is going to happen without key features added. Whatever rule set you choose, there will be "socking" and if you think being slower or locked is going to deter that, you are fooling yourselves.

What do you plan to change to prevent socking and create an enjoyable environment for both casuals and hardcore raiders? They are both going to be on these servers - no matter the rule set.

Server Names: Nothing that is even remotely like servers that have already existed. Seriously, Kerafyrm? It's like you guys forgot you already had "The Sleeper" as part of your first set of TLPs.

I put forth the name Fansy, because it is a historical part of the EQ community and represents what is in store if certain issues aren't addressed.
    Lisandra and Mezrah like this.
  12. Kellaer Augur

It should be named Mayong. Again.
    Soltara likes this.
  13. Oberon Augur

first option slowest
    instancing: no way
    voting: yes

but you surely can come up with some better names than that. Fippy darkpaw was a great name, great nostalgia, that's kind of names you should be coming up with.
  14. Zinth Augur

Well here are my ideas listed up with slight changes and voting options:

Server timeline: Altered maximum slow (include the 3 other options in the vote or replace slowest with this one)
    Kunark: 3-4 months (means original for 3-4 months, not much content but would give time to do plenty questing and levelling)
    Velious: 8 months (means 8 months of Kunark, lots of quest *cough* epics, decent amount of raids etc.)
    Luclin: 8 months (means 8 months of Velious the ultimate classic raiding/questing expansion, rings/shawls and many other long quests)
    Planes of Power: 6 months
    Legacy of Ykesha: 6 weeks after PoP (notice the changes in this and ldon)
    LDoN: 6 weeks after PoP
    Gates: 8 months (after PoP)
    Omens: 4 months
    DoN: 4 months
    Depths: 3 months
    PoR: 5 months
    TSS: 3 months
    TBS: 3 months

Vote or timelocked server:
    Option 1. I want a vote locked server
    Option 2. I want a time locked server (I would pick this so the server never stalls like Vulak)

Instancing:
    1. Yes I want instancing on (Naggy/Vox, PoFear/PoHate/Posky, Trakanon/VP/ChardokB, Dain/Tormax/ST/NTov/ETov/WTov/PoG, Ssra/VT) (I would pick this)
    2. Yes I want instancing on ALL raid targets on expansions pre PoP
    3. No I don't want instancing, I want maximum carnage ;-)

Locking server:
    1. No I would not like a locking server
    2. Yes I would like the lock at level 65 (PoP, GoD, LDoN, LoY)
    3. Yes I would like the lock at level 70 (OoW, DoN, DoDH, PoR)
    4. Yes I would like the lock at level 75 (TSS, TBS) <-- I actually like these expansions but would most likely pick the 70 range, but TBS hand quest and so on are nice and long, lots of stuff to do, lots of interesting raids (Solteris) and tons of missions for groupers to work on.

Server name(s): ( I still believe you should open TWO servers, might even make them different speeds to cater for more people)
    1. Tranquility (for the slow option I listed in the top of my post, named after PoTranquility)
    2. Frenzy (for the no-time, maximum speed option, named after Frenzic, I didn't list it in the top, but the next expansion would unlock instantly when the previous is done)
    3. to #. Whatever servernames listed in original post

Exp rate:
    1. 2% cap as Fippy which is later lifted (this was detrimental to soloers and a uber bonus to groupers, should not even be an option)
    2. 80% Global exp reduction (slowly lifted as we get to the expansions where exp is increased on live) (I would pick this)
    3. Normal live exp rates (I am sure this would be extremely detrimental to the server)

Firiona Vie Rules:
    1. Yes I would like the FV no drop rules (I would pick this, can eventually merge the server with FV)
    2. No, keep the server rules as a normal blue server.

I guess that covers the voting options I feel is needed and which I have read other people ask for as well, I have included "notes" in a slightly smaller textsize and my own choices is in the smallest textsize.
    Kassiye and Zoggzog like this.
  15. Jaxarale01 Augur

I take this as they are undecided on instancing, at least i hope so! I will be good with however they decide to do all the rest including the name as long as they stop the drama and the only viable solution I can see from the pages and pages of posts is to instance?
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Put me down for
    Longest before LDON instance missions ruined the game!

QUARM for server name.
  17. glute New Member

I love the slowest of the slow. It shouldn't be a race to get from 1 expansion tro the next. Classic, , kunark, and velious are the best ever launched that is where I will spend all my time when more xpacs open i'll kill time till another progression is launched
  18. Jaxarale01 Augur

Instancing:
    I would slightly change this to just simply:
    1. Yes instance, please stop the drama.
    2. No instance, I want to raid and not let anyone else.

When you put 2 choices for instancing it will dilute the vote and non instancing has an easy advantage and it could be close. Once the no instance vote wins then you add in the 2 options in another poll to find out which is preferred.
  19. Krakonskullz New Member

Will there be a Pvp server for Progression?
  20. Grinder New Member

Well I like the idea of slowing it down. Fippy did progress a little too fast for a lot of people. But we will run into the same problems as fippy if something isn't done about the xp rate and the over powered toons. the problem with over crowding on Fippy was a direct result of the over pwered toons and the xp rate being way way, way too fast. It made it so there was no separation between the players. anyone and I mean anyone could lvl 1-50 in less then a week. And groups could take on 3 to 4 times or more the amount of mobs you could in 1999.the 3% xp cap per blue mob was exploited. why move on to high lvl mobs when they all give the same xp? And that made everyone lvl too fast and made the high end zones get packed with people.

And we had the guys that multi boxed 1 guy with 6 toons could take out what was 3-6 different camps back in 1999. And then there was the ones that boxed 6+( guys running enough toons to do full raids). that was too much we can't have 1 guy going around and taking all the raid mobs. When the content is contested to start with.
    Then there was the unchecked hacking you all know what i'm talking about here. and all the exploiters. I wont get into it.

So things I would like to see done are

1 fix the xp so people don't lvl too fast and so people have time to enjoy the lower lvl zones.
    2 make sure everyone isn't overpowered like before again to slow down lvling
    3 limit the multi boxing. I would say a max of 3 toons in the early expans ( people running around with more then that ruin the game for those that don't)
    4 we need active people watching for the hackers and exploiters. on Fippy it was really bad. they did do a few things and banned a few people for hacking. But all the hackers did was just make new accounts and log right back in. what they lost a few days of time that's all it toke to lvl back up Hacking should not be tolerated at all. if you hack you should get a hardware ban so they can never come back. I know people will say what about the people that live and play in the same house or same pc that don't hack. I say they should be banned as well. if they are there in the same house they know that guy is hacking and are letting it happen so screw them they are as bad as the hacker. just my thoughts on it.
    Pozest and Zoggzog like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.