Progression Server Poll Results: What's Next?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rykus New Member

I agree, we could go a year or more in between original, Kunark, and Velious and I would be extremely happy. I am leary of the voting option, but maybe we can get enough classics to hold off the opening of expansions. I didn't hate Luclin, but man the game just wasn't the same after that release for me.
    Zoggzog, glute, Arkk and 2 others like this.
  2. Bonechips New Member

Where do I vote!! I vote we stop at PoP!! Just Stay there! I would buy a year sub in a damn heartbeat if a server like that came out or close to it!!! Hell I've not played in years but I would jump back in in a heartbeat for this!
    Hicyn, Zoggzog and Arkk like this.
  3. Rykus New Member

Actually, this is where I think the second server that everyone keeps talking about should come in. Why not open a PVE and a PVP classic server? I aint against the PVPers, just against PVP cuz I suck at it LOL.
    Somberlain likes this.
  4. Circadian72 Kabuki - Agnarr

PREACH!
    Cant wait for those bottle necks. and for a guild to sock and lock every possible raid target. :)
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I think enough will jump from Fippy/Vulak to the new server to justify merging those two.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  6. Frenzic Augur

A slow server with no way to handle the extreme behavior of Fippy/Vulak would be a disaster. I'm a huge fan of longer time locks so we can spend more time keeping things relevant. That said, with no cure for the poison that was contesting on Fippy/Vulak, it will be a cesspool. Longer times to wait while being completely blocked out of content? That's a terrible idea.

There was no mention of instancing in this update post and that has me worried. Combining the over contesting of raid content with longer time spent in each era is a recipe for disaster. If you, the devs, are hellbent on not offering instancing as an option, please do something else to fix the problem. Maybe one server with and one without? We all know you're going to need two anyway.

Please give us the option to see content while it's current and allow us to set up raid times. Adjust the loot, give more loot to the contented, give titles, whatever just allow everyone to complete the content concurrently at their pace.
    Zoggzog and Mezrah like this.
  7. Bandok Augur

There's barely anyone left on Vulak to even jump. Some friends just started messing around on Vulak... They were 7 of the 15 people logged into the server. That's not "15 in general chat." That's /who all listing 15 names.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Slower Progression Reward Idea

How about incorporating an in-game reward for players who choose to play on Slower Progression?

Help kill a Boss mob for each era and receive a transferable title ("Slayer of Nagafen" or "Slayer of Trakanon")?
  9. Zesta Journeyman

I like the time to be Locked Option 2
    and the name for the new server
    Ragefire and Phara`Dar

I hope the team working on this server realized we need 2 servers unlike the last 2, let just get it over with and open 2 servers on launch date (hint why I picked 2 names)

also if it's possible I wouldn't mind a team of members from the guide program to do quest and roleplay with us about round the era in the game when the Guide Program 1st launched
    Mezrah likes this.
  10. Carroth New Member

I know bringing back corpse recoveries to a new round of progression servers would be a headache. But, they were a HUGE part of the game early on.. For me, they were the main reason for not wanting to get killed in game. ;)
    And they also played a HUGE role on raids. eg Dragon Necropolis, ToV, VP, Kael.. Just to name a few.

Please, bring back our Love/ Hate relationship with the corpse recoveries.. :D
    Zoggzog likes this.
  11. Haless New Member

Max nostalgia for me, with the exception of when the server starts, have Kunark too... I love iksar lore and quests and maps and everything about them :)

I vote too for the name be Quarm Server !
  12. Fendy Augur

How about posting the actual vote numbers (in the spirit of transparancy)? Like
    Existing rules - 2000
    Locked progression - 2000
    Seasonal challenge - 2000
    Slower progression - 4000
    That basically breaks down the verbal breakdown as you put it in the OP. I'd just like to see how the thousands of players who wanted a new progression server actually voted.
    Zoggzog and Mezrah like this.
  13. Dorumy New Member

Is it possible to get 2 of these servers going at the same time, so people get split up evenly with the choice of going to Server A or B? The population will be very crowded. This way both populations would remain almost similar unlike last time. One server wouldn't have a super high population compared to the other one like before. Also no RAF pls? It keeps everyone getting exp at the same rate and keeps things more fair.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  14. BuzWeaver New Member

I'm looking forward to it.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  15. Circadian72 Kabuki - Agnarr

If I want to play all the way through to current expansion I would look to start a progression guild on an existing server. Where I don't have to sit on Cyclops Island in oot and Fight 10000 people for goblin spawns, Or fight for camps in LGuk.. 6 months of that... Fun fun fun! :)
    Zoggzog and Arkk like this.
  16. Chips Elder

It's a tough call for me.

I think I vote for # 1 Half Speed. Nostalgia would be my 2nd choice; half speed and nostalgia are close, but like Half Speed. I think Half Speed should have a little longer time on Velious though; maybe 6 months.

I think there could be issues though with tons of players on 1 server early on; might need to have 2 servers and then merge the 2 later. If they are on the same timeline this could work.
  17. Gremin Augur

A few things need cleared up before we can truly vote on expansion length.

Do you plan on instancing content such as Nag, Vox, etc?

Do you intend to bring back older zones like freeport, Oasis, etc?

We going to see older tradeskill combines like JC, Research etc?

Xp rates going to be slow? Doubt anyone wants to be stuck in classic 6 months but be 50 after a week?

Imo stuff like this needs to be addressed before we vote on expansion timers.

Gremin
    Zoggzog likes this.
  18. bobjones1208 Augur

Option #3, max nostalgia.
    No voting for unlocks, just have them open after 6 months.
    Name doesn't matter to me
  19. EQtroll Journeyman

Yes on :Maximum Nostalgia: 6 month unlocks until Gates of Discord; 3 months afterward. This ruleset would take six and a half years to reach where live servers are now.

No on: Voting to unlock.

Server Name: Ragefire - for the feeling people are going to have raiding if Dev's don't address this issue lol.
    Soltara, Zoggzog and Frenzic like this.
  20. Folkar_CC Journeyman

Server name suggestion.... Lockjaw :) This server may actually get me back in game. Miss the old school experience ever since Al'Kabor was shut down :(
    Zoggzog and Irbax_Smoo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.