Progression PvP server? Will it happen?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Farzo, May 25, 2016.

1. Titanuk88 Elder

i find it funny how p99 has a classic eq code but daybreak cant get it lol
  2. Kahna Augur

It doesn’t have the classic code. It has a reverse engineered code that approximates the old code.

Why would DBG even want P99’s code. Most folks don’t want to play the game that old school and if they did they would play on P99. Seems kinda silly to try to compete directly with someone who provides their service for free, when you will have to charge for it.
  3. Poledo_EQ Elder

There's a lot of people that would love to play it and have played it. If it was run professionally I would still be playing it. It's such a crap show though.
  4. Kahna Augur

What is “a lot”.
  5. Titanuk88 Elder

more than phinny, ragefire or any other tlp server besides agnarr ( for now )
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  6. Brawl Elder

108 people have already signed a petition page in favour of it and it's only been up for less than 24 hours, that's double P99 Red player base already.
    There's no advertising for it - not many people would even know it exists either... Kinda difficult to express interest via a poll when it's against forum rules on both reddit and these forums.
    It's obvious there's a decent amount of people that would be keen on it, despite all the moaning and groaning from Bluebies.
    I dare say it has a much greater interest than Coirnav.
  7. FluttyMan Elder

Camelot Unchained beta test is coming soon, forget about everquest PVP.
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I never particularly cared for EQ pvp. It would be interesting to see some kind of special ruleset pvp server. Even if it was quarm style with goals and a set time to sunset.
  9. Titanuk88 Elder

why are blue players so upset about a server that has nothing to do with them?
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

If DBG wastes money on something that fails, it risks the long term survival of the game. Don't think this is just about you, tons of bad ideas get shot down around here every day for the same reason. People who want a no Krono server, they get the same response you are getting now, because it's a bad idea that doesn't make DBG any money.

Your best bet at this point is to gather as many reds as you can on Agnarr and show them it can work. As long as it doesn't turn into a train-fest that affects the blue players I don't think anybody will mind, some might even support or join in.
    skattabrainz likes this.
  11. Titanuk88 Elder

is this a joke? there are many dead servers in everquest and the pvp tlp server would probably be 4th or 5th most active server on EQ ? if anything people are going to spend more money to get an advantage because gear matters on a red server unlike on a blue 1
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

No joke. Any TLP that launches and is only the 4th or 5th most active server is already a failure. TLPs are the hot thing when they launch. Agnarr still has the highest active population at any given time except maybe the first week when a new expansion opens on Phinny. Before Agnarr, Phinny held that title. Not sure about Ragefire and Lockjaw, but they did open LJ because RF was packed at launch.

People spend a lot of money in the Marketplace on these servers, especially at launch. You may be right that a PvP server would tend to see people spend more, but if there is half the people of a normal TLP launch or less, it won't even matter.
  13. Ltldogg Augur

I'm a blue player, but I hope you red players get your server!
  14. Kahna Augur

I see the little petition folks started is up to 186 signatures. Yer killing it here guys. PvP server in no time. I only see a handful that are obvious bots too.
  15. Brawl Elder

Considering how there's allegedly "a small handful" of people that are interested in PvP (according to the dedicated Bluebie server trolls) I'd say 187 isn't half bad for a petition site that has absolutely no affiliation to EQ or is being advertised anywhere. I'm sorry Kahna can you see a link to that petition anywhere obvious for people?
    Didn't think so.
    It's not easy to get that link around to the masses - not everyone on Agnarr currently was reading these forums and looking for a petition link in favour of a PoP locked EQ TLP before it was officially advertised.

How about instead of your sour attitude you go be righteous in another thread with another one of your productive posts that no one likes to read.
  16. Kahna Augur

Um, it’s on the Everquest Reddit page. That has 6,263 subscribers and likely more folks who follow it and aren’t subscribed.
  17. Darksinga_Bonaduce New Member

I would love a PvP server, but realistically, it's most likely not going to happen.

DBG should revisit the Discord, code, however.

Some cool ideas:
    1. Allow Discord players to still group/buff/heal one another and also non-Discord players. Going Discord on blue shouldn't exile you to no groups.
    2. Give a XP boost/incentive for those that flag Discord. 10-15% or whatever they deem reasonable.
    3. Have a Discord flag/notification show in /who so PvPers can see if a zone has PvP able bodies.

If the above were implemented on Corinav, I'd be willing to bet we would see a large PvP population simply due to the XP boost.
  18. Dulu Augur

One day we will get a home...

Keep the dream alive!
  19. Titanuk88 Elder

probably not but it cant hurt to try , daybreak has no idea what to do with pvp probably
  20. Titanuk88 Elder

looks like this new TLP server has hit rock bottom and cant even get a decent population,

but lets just talk about how EQPVP tlp server would just fail ( lol )
    Boosi and TLP4Life like this.