Progression Population and LDoN Stats

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machentoo, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Machentoo Augur

So, one of the most reliable statistics we still have access to in order to gauge a server population is ldon adventure participation. With a toon that has won only a single LDON adventure, you can see a fairly accurate count of toons that have won 2 or more (everyone who is ranked ahead of you on the leaderboard.)

As of just now, 29 hours and 10 minutes after LDoN launch on Phinigel, the number stands at 1874. 1874 individual toons have won at least two separate ldon adventures. It's gone up about 12 toons in the five minutes since I logged in and first checked.

Thought I'd post this here to compare #'s a week from now, and maybe again before GoD launch, and then have it as a reference for when other servers roll around to this point.

Personally I thought it would be a bit higher. But then, maybe guilds are pushing hard on the new raids during prime time. Lots of systemwides flying by.

(Reasonable disclosure--it seems toons get dropped off the leaderboard after accounts expire or a significant amount of time passes without logging in--the #'s are much lower today on Fippy than they were two or three years ago, and a lot of names that were top 10 on the leaderboard are now conspicuously absent. But the #'s should be accurate today on Phinigel, and should be an apples to apples comparison to look at #'s on Ragefire, Lockjaw, or Agnarr when they reach this point.)
    Niskin and Chaosflux like this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

There are also probably a bunch of players who have no interest in LDoN (me being one).
  3. Gemini Syringes Augur

So edgy.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I was just responding to Machen's "I thought it would be a bit higher."
  5. Mashef Augur

It's about standard the server went from about 4k to 2k as the PoP run is done. Most don't want to play much beyond that. It will dive even more if they truly don't add AoC's for GoD content that is contested. Only 2 guilds on the server will succeed with progression pre-Omens.

Even folks who have no interest in LDoN have to do them if they raid to get charm upgrades and other basic essentials to help with GoD content. Casuals not doing LDoN doesn't really make sense because they need upgrades...so the population skipping all LDoN is quite trivial.
  6. snailish Augur

server transfering alters the ldon leaderboard. My old (low level) cleric was high on the mistmoore win % on his original server, same after the merge, and still after transfering to a new server.

This may account for some of the Fippy loss.

Didn't know the list "decayed".